X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

i just don't get paul harden, looks like the bookish porch clothes hudson valley retired college professors wear

Comment

• savant
      • Jul 2011

dont understand paul hardnen either

anyways
      kopped devoa blazer from layerslondon and ledger's RO hooded peacoat

Pics to come when i receive

Thanks ledger ! awesome trader

Comment

• arby2001
        • Jan 2011

just want to chip in, i was not at all impressed by paul harden when i saw his stuff at EM. i thought i must be strange, but it's a relief to see some people share my opinion.

whatever the case my size 42-44 frame will never fit into his clothes.
        too skinny for rick

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by poopbong View Post
          dont understand paul hardnen either

anyways
          kopped devoa blazer from layerslondon and ledger's RO hooded peacoat

Pics to come when i receive

Thanks ledger ! awesome trader

Nice snag on the Devoa blazer!

I was peeping those this morning. It's a great jacket! Tried it on at HLorenzo here in LA.
          Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• fncyths
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            i just don't get paul harden, looks like the bookish porch clothes hudson valley retired college professors wear
            Ha ha ha! zing!

Originally posted by Shucks
            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
            Originally posted by interest1
            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• lost53
              • Dec 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Adding a splash of colour to my summer wardrobe.
              Peasant, great haul.
              Last edited by lost53; 07-11-2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

seenmy, please post a soloist fit. You've picked up a few of their pieces over the last year(?). I want to see it in still action.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

We know. You don't get anything you are not interested in wearing. Let's move on.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing (for me). I just don't dig the exclusivity bs and the absurd price points. from the little I've handled. shit is way overpriced for what it is. but, exclusivity costs. [shrugs]

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Harnden is only absurd in the US. At L'Eclaireur, the jackets go for 1400EUR. With the current $ rate, they are cheaper than MOST designer offerings out there. And this is after last year's 30% hike. Before that he hasn't raised prices in years. Two years ago, the jackets went for 1100EUR or so.

The aforementioned "fashion week deliveries" happen only for L'Eclaireur, because they have been Harnden's supporter since day one.

You can take the cynical view, merz (we know you are good at that) - things must look very different in front of a computer in LA than they do in Paris showrooms. But, I have met people who know Harnden for many years. The guy really does not care to have new stores - he just wants to do what he loves for a living and not kill himself doing it but to make enough to have a house in Brighton and knock beers in a pub. If you can't respect that, I don't know what your problem is. Blaming designers for consumer behavior is simply stupid.

And, for Harnden looking awesome, one need look no further than Eastern Market's styling.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

The aforementioned "fashion week deliveries" happen only for L'Eclaireur, because they have been Harnden's supporter since day one.
                        yep, maybe but mainly because l'E and the fashion week both happen to be in Paris.
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• lost53
                          • Dec 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

Just received this, with a polite note not to be worn in rain, so currently as useful as...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                            how about the way things look from maxfield in la, a PH stockist? keep asserting your hard-won privilege of access. you know how much that sort of thing means to me. And i'm well aware that he doesn't care - thats something i pointed out in what i wrote, if you had bothered reading it. i no longer expect you to. I don't blame him - i'm ridiculing the consumer behaviour in and of itself, in the place that used to say something about divorcing something or other from consumerism. well, i guess it used to say a whole lot of other things too. thats fashunz. keeping up with the times.
                            Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Things were so much simpler way back when we could not talk to designers themselves and made ill-informed judgments. Who's the Luddite now?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

but thats not what PH has become about. here its mostly communicating status.
                              how about the way things look from maxfield in la, a PH stockist? keep asserting your hard-won privilege of access. you know how much that sort of thing means to me. And i'm well aware that he doesn't care - thats something i pointed out in what i wrote, if you had bothered reading it. i no longer expect you to. I don't blame him - i'm ridiculing the consumer behaviour in and of itself, in the place that used to say something about divorcing something or other from consumerism. well, i guess it used to say a whole lot of other things too. thats fashunz. keeping up with the times.
                              man, you sound more bitter each passing day. I don't know if you are attempting to somehow call out Mike here given its partially his post that sparked the discussion (from what I recall, you've had gripe with him for some time) or if you're just being scornful in general.

Either way, you can make assumptions and generalize all you want, but fact is there are people who can appreciate and genuinely like Harnden's work. I can only speak for myself, but seeking status is hardly the reason I buy Harnden, most of my clothes from him have never seen daylight on this forum but only in my daily life, where I can pretty safely say not a single soul recognizes them or even knows who/what PH is. I won't deny that the inconspicuous nature of the designer wouldn't be an interesting factor, but I like the clothes for what they are.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

no i am truly interested in why people want to wear 3/4 length sleeve pajamas. this place is very hypebeasty sometimes. everyone sells their rick to buy ccp which they sell to buy ph. how long before ph is sold to buy aitor's ankle socks?

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                We know. You don't get anything you are not interested in wearing. Let's move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎