X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Nice blazer, Faust. (I thought you didn't wear them?) What is the fabric?

G got this suit and some Raf shoes to match on Friday (not these shoes, naturally). [:P] You will be pleased to know that it is both impeccably tailored and luxuriously fabricated. [;)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ hahahaha, nice!

The blazer is another (final?) attempt at a blazer. Since it's from YOOX and easily returnable, I thought I'd give it a shot. It's 100% wool, and IIRC is reversible. Naturally, YOOX makes it look like shit = bargain opportunity.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Grabbed one of the luc knits from sbw, after having tried a too small one in Milan a while back I really couldn't resist when he had my size [;)]

Also grabbed some fabric for some projects:

plus on the way:

ann demeulemeester button up
        ann demeulemeester pants

I really need to start moving my for sale stuff :P

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

today:

placed an apt application and deposit for a place in gramercy. hopefully we'll get it!

some past things from last week:

(sorry fuuma, i had to get it in black)

will be paying sbw for two LUC knits. just need a leather jacket and i should be set for some time (probably not knowing me).

[/quote]

Hot buys joey. What is that MA+ thing? A little box?

I'm in Boston until thursday... the only thing my money has been going towards is shipping all my shit out. My god... it's ridiculous how much everything is costing!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

as far as i know, based off of the measurements, it's a wallet. if not, i'll be selling it. ;)

mike, what ann pants did you get? i've been looking for some ann d cropped pants.

albert, when're you moving out of boston?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Burberry and Givenchy Shirts over the weekend, will be buying some fabrics this evening for an black Overlock denim i will make from scratch, I am wearing a very nice diagonal seam one right now i made/ customized from a Guess Jeans i had but never wore

Also Bought a Solid Black Cotton tee that i made into an Amazing overlock T-shirt

Albert, I got some good news for you regarding the over lock technique, you don't need the Bag making machine............................. I will say more later, and post some pics tonite

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

^ awesome news Zamb!

I can't wait to hear about it and to see photos!!!

Joey, I'm flying out on thursday. I didn't even end up going to NYC this weekend because I have to pack/ship everything. Furniture in my apartment is either going to my girlfriend's or being sold in the next few days. I gotta put up a Craigslist posting tonight!

I've never seen that MA+ wallet so I'm really excited/curious to see how it looks when you get it!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

mike, what ann pants did you get? i've been looking for some ann d cropped pants.

[/quote]

I got some grey drawstring waist ones, plus a striped shirt. should be here in a couple of days, will post pics then.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

A ton of Books, I have too much clothes,

Critique of Pure reason- Immanuel Kant

Why the ten Commandments Matter- James Kennedy,

The Politics- Aristotle

The Nicomachean Ethics- Aristotle

The Republic- Plato

the complete works of Flavius Josephus

the History of the Church - Eusebius

the Origin of Species - Darwin............

and a whole bunch of other Crap thats too much to list herei probably will never read anytrime soon

Also some really cool Fabrics for upcoming projects

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

The Politics- Aristotle

The Republic- Plato

and a whole bunch of other Crap thats too much to list herei probably will never read anytrime soon

[/quote]

Interesting choices - are you interested in classic and Modern philosophy? I admit I such at philosophy, but I know that you will need incredible amounts of stimulative drugs to get through Aristotle.

BTW, I like to see the non-clothes purchases of others! Let's mix it up.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sea of stitches
                        • Oct 2006

thanks faust, will post more pics when i have time...

nice purchases mike, the luc sweater fits you well

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="sea of stitches"]

thanks faust, will post more pics when i have time...

nice purchases mike, the luc sweater fits you well

[/quote]

Thanks. I don't think laika saw the Chalayan top, I do believe she'd be smitten.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="zamb"]

The Politics- Aristotle

The Republic- Plato

[/quote]

Interesting choices - are you interested in classic and Modern philosophy? I admit I such at philosophy, but I know that you will need incredible amounts of stimulative drugs to get through Aristotle.

BTW, I like to see the non-clothes purchases of others! Let's mix it up.

[/quote]

I dont really make a distinction beween the Modern and the Classic, i read everything from Locke, Hume, Engels, Kant, all the way back to Anaximander and Hesiod/ Homer. Sometimes i don't even distinguish between philosophy and Science/ Religion etc as in many instances they overlap and address (or at leas attempt to) the same issues

I am attracted to it because of the inquiry aspect, i am also trying to see how e ended up where we are today as Society, and How the ideas (whether the be Good or Absurd) of some of these thinkers have shaped Modern Society,

Regarding Aristotle, because i am reading for my Own personal knowledge, if i Start something ,from him or anyone else, and the style of writing or the general presentation of the ideas doesn't interest me, i move on to something else................... I it were for school , yea, then i probably would need the Drugs!!!!![8-|]

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well, in that case, Aristotle is very useful, Zam. You will see where the boring, dull, mind-numbing obsession with meaningless classifications, sorting, systems, subordinations, that's mistakingly called "Reason," came from.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Well, in that case, Aristotle is very useful, Zam. You will see where the boring, dull, mind-numbing obsession with meaningless classifications, sorting, systems, subordinations, that's mistakingly called "Reason," came from.
                                [/quote]

Well, I can see it already,

i read about how the argued themselves into some very stupid positions.......(Heraclitus- you cant step into the same river twice , as new water is always flowing, and if its new its not the same river! [:#])

Its just mankind's attempt to asses and everything through sensory impulses , its the same reason why some believed we "evolved" from lower animals (here we go! I'm in trouble now[:#]) ,
                                it was reason by virtue of observation that drove Darwins theory, but we know through living, that things are not always subjected to reason, as we all at some point in our lives have had experiences that transcends reason and has defied common (or even the most complex) logic

and we constantly make decisions that goes against common sense judgment

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎