• Nov 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

more books,

The Science of Colour

Freudan Psycology

Ghandi,

anthropology Today

and FAUST ( a tragedy-part 1)

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• boxma
      • Feb 2007

officine creative boots

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

/\ Sweet!
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

An LMaltieri freeform hat in object dyed black/gray. Exactly like the one I so stupidly lost on the streets of Boston and was likely swept away into a landfill by one of the street cleaning machines.

This is my third one (first one sold to coldrice because I didn't think creatively about how to wear it, bought again on sale at Alan Bilzerian which was then lost and now this one)... and I'm not losing this bad boy. It's one of the few hats that I think looks good on my massively oversized man-noggin.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Nice, boxma!

Zam, good book choice (especially the last one [57])

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

some recent stuff

CCP overlock leather jacket

CCP slightly twisted trousers in light grey ramie

CCP reversible ramie long sleeved tee with taped seems (the one from A's website, but the other way around)

Navy suaede Lanvin trainers with navy leather patent toe

Navy Kilgour suit

Black Grenson oxford shoes

Bright yellow silk scarft from Cambodian artgallery in the Rue de Seine

Editions Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentrate from the Dries store in Paris

Books: Life and Times of Michael K by JM Coetzee, Bit of a Blur by Alex James, OnChesil Beach by Ian McEwan

Disgusting really, although it has been over a few months.......

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

August Sander--People of the 20th Century, seven volumes. Just arrived this very minute. [64]

[img]%3Ca%20mce_thref=%22http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sanderxu8.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%2 2%3E%3Cimg%20mce_tsrc=%22http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/492/sanderxu8.th.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Free %20Image%20Hosting%20at%20www.ImageShack.us%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/img]

[/quote]

Whoa! I bet you Yohji has the same book.

[/quote]

He does indeed, as did Walter Benjamin, who writes about it in "Little History of Photography." Given this conjunction of my interests, I figured I was fated to have it.

Fuuma, I spent a lot of time looking for an earlier edition, but finally gave up and ordered from amazon. They are really wonderful, inspiring and utterly absorbing books. I'm thinking of doing a chapter on them, if i could just find a strong (i.e., "rigorous") semiotics of the photographic (or even cinematic) image....any ideas, other than our mutual friend RB?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Johnny, you got the leather jacket!!! I thought you had decided against it--didn't you say your wife doesn't like it??? [61]
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nqth
                    • Sep 2006

Oh I have that Cologne Concentre too:-)) But from the FM store in ruedu Mont Thabor. It smells so good.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Johnny, it's only disgusting if you don't post pictures. [61]
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

ah, you know how shite I am about picures.....

Laika yes decided to get it (I need to edit my style manifesto....). I didn't axactly tell her about it beforehand! Anyway, she quite likes it I think, and i like it, although it is still quite odd wearing a leather jacket for the first time. I've got to tame it down a bit,otherwise it looks a bit flash and/or tough- so i wear it with trousers and converse or something like that.Still looks a wee bit flash actually......

i recommend the bigarade concentrate - it is the most gorgeous smell ever.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

ah, you know how shite I am about picures.....

Laika yes decided to get it (I need to edit my style manifesto....). I didn't axactly tell her about it beforehand! Anyway, she quite likes it I think, and i like it, although it is still quite odd wearing a leather jacket for the first time. I've got to tame it down a bit,otherwise it looks a bit flash and/or tough- so i wear it with trousers and converse or something like that.Still looks a wee bit flash actually......

i recommend the bigarade concentrate - it is the most gorgeous smell ever.

[/quote]

I know, I know.

Is it this cologne? I need to check it out then.

Which version of the jacket, white seams, or black seams? If it's black seams, I don't think it's flashy. I can see where you might have an issue with the contrasting seams.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah it cologne but not cologne:-) Fresh green lemon in the softest way.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="nqth"]Yeah it cologne but not cologne:-) Fresh green lemon in the softest way.[/quote]

Mmm, yummie - I really like citrus smells done right.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

nice purchases! did you get the ccp pieces from lazzari?
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎