• Oct 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

cdiem leather shirt

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mesh
      • Dec 2006

Picked up a beautiful wool raf multi-stripe raf sweater from the new collection.

Comment

• klangspiel
        • Apr 2007

[quote user="Faust"]BTW, I like to see the non-clothes purchases of others! Let's mix it up.
        [/quote]

Imported a cartonof Köstritzer Schwarzbier or Black Beer as they say in the English. The only kind of brew I'd drink apart from a range of porter ales. KSwas reputedly Goethe's favourite drink back in the day. There is actually a pubnear where I livethathas this on tap(a recent miracle, really) but nothing beats a warm coddling on one's own couch in front ofthe telly with the footie or a warm body...

And speakingof Goethe, many thanks for the pants and jacket, Herr Faust.Received them well and good. Cheers to you.

Comment

• winQ
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

oops.. wrong thread.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="klangspiel"]

[quote user="Faust"]BTW, I like to see the non-clothes purchases of others! Let's mix it up.
            [/quote]

Imported a cartonof Köstritzer Schwarzbier or Black Beer as they say in the English. The only kind of brew I'd drink apart from a range of porter ales. KSwas reputedly Goethe's favourite drink back in the day. There is actually a pubnear where I livethathas this on tap(a recent miracle, really) but nothing beats a warm coddling on one's own couch in front ofthe telly with the footie or a warm body...

And speakingof Goethe, many thanks for the pants and jacket, Herr Faust.Received them well and good. Cheers to you.

[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that [Y] I need to check out that beer.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gusgusterson
              • Mar 2007

As I'm only buying things like stays at Ritzy Canine and groceries, Mrs. Gusterson purchased a Rick Owens top and Comme Repetto ballet flats with grommets this weekend. I tried to talk her into some super pointy Ann D elf shoes and thankfully talked her out of many new fall things. I did buy a 50 spf rash guard a few weeks ago!

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

More Books.

On The Revolutions Of The Heavenly Spheres - Nicolaus Copernicus

The Republic -Plato,,,,,,,,, and a whole bunch of other crap, a Library is the first thing I want to build when i finally purchase a house........... soon.............. still looking.

A whole bunch of Ralph Lauren (copyist[65][57]) shirts for formal/church wear........he makes my favorite dress shirts...... (firm collars that dont look frumpy with a necktie nice cuff and really good cottons) there is a closeout store close to my house where i can buy them for $10 a pop! sometimes three for $25!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="gusgusterson"]As I'm only buying things like stays at Ritzy Canine and groceries, Mrs. Gusterson purchased a Rick Owens top and Comme Repetto ballet flats with grommets this weekend. I tried to talk her into some super pointy Ann D elf shoes and thankfully talked her out of many new fall things. I did buy a 50 spf rash guard a few weeks ago!
                  [/quote]

Good man [Y]

Zam, are you taking a crash course in Western European intellectual heritage?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                    • Sep 2006

100 greatest poster masterpieces from underground theatre

not as interesting as all of your stuff. oh well.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ sounds interesting to me! more info?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

He does indeed, as did Walter Benjamin, who writes about it in "Little History of Photography." Given this conjunction of my interests, I figured I was fated to have it.

Fuuma, I spent a lot of time looking for an earlier edition, but finally gave up and ordered from amazon. They are really wonderful, inspiring and utterly absorbing books. I'm thinking of doing a chapter on them, if i could just find a strong (i.e., "rigorous") semiotics of the photographic (or even cinematic) image....any ideas, other than our mutual friend RB?

[/quote]

Gilles Deleuze used the concept of time-image and movement-image developed by Henri-Louis Bergson and the classification of image and signs established by C. S Peirce to analyze modern cinema. I have no idea if those books were translated but they might be worth checking out, if only for the bibliography.

• L'image-mouvement. Cinéma 1, Les éditions de Minuit (coll. «Critique»), Paris, 1983, 298 p.

• L'image-temps. Cinéma 2, Les éditions de Minuit (coll. «Critique»), Paris, 1985, 378 p.
                        • [/list]

By the way I recently saw a Godard documentary (thanks Designersheep!!) on modern art that was heavily inspired by Benjamin?s thinking. Interestingly enough the movie is a command work for the MoMA called ?The old place?.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="gusgusterson"]As I'm only buying things like stays at Ritzy Canine and groceries, Mrs. Gusterson purchased a Rick Owens top and Comme Repetto ballet flats with grommets this weekend. I tried to talk her into some super pointy Ann D elf shoes and thankfully talked her out of many new fall things. I did buy a 50 spf rash guard a few weeks ago!
                          [/quote]

Similar to these?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gusgusterson
                            • Mar 2007

Those are the ones she had her eye on, but she ended up buying the no lace version black leather. Coincidentally, she also brought home a pair of patent leather red ones without the grommets from elsewhere. I love those oxfords above though. I bought a pair of Yohji vs Repetto a while back but couldn't fit my hobbit feet into them. And despite hearing their reputation for quality, Repettos feel like you could poke through them with your toe on a bad day.

Comment

• gusgusterson
                              • Mar 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]

By the way I recently saw a Godard documentary (thanks Designersheep!!) on modern art that was heavily inspired by Benjamin?s thinking. Interestingly enough the movie is a command work for the MoMA called ?The old place?.

[/quote]

I seem to remember the book Godard on Godard mentioning Benjamin on every other page. It's been many many years since I've had a look at it though so I may be wrong in addition to being vaguely irrelevant!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

from sbw

LUC black curved arm knit

LUC black reversible knit

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀