X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    You're going to look like a leather daddy, just like everyone who bought the Rick cap. At least you'll save some money compared to the Rick buyers...
    nail on the head. i literally have to watch how much leather i wear with the rick hat to certain places because i have in fact got that "leather daddy" comment. daddy likes leathers i guess.

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

You're going to look like a leather daddy, just like everyone who bought the Rick cap. At least you'll save some money compared to the Rick buyers...
      got no intention of buying either, never did. was just curious how big of a rip off the Rick cap is.

btw, the complaint about the Rick cap's closure is so warranted. the cap I posted is a sized,fitted cap and is lamb leather, tho not blistered.

Comment

• gavagai
        • May 2010

I'm not really sure where all the criticism is coming from - if I were to critique all the things I don't like in this thread my post count would triple.

The shiny black leather cap is completely different than Rick's offerings. The truth is always in the small details.

Also, I'm not sure about the rest of you but I wouldn't ever wear a baseball cap that had velcro or a pull attachment on the back. I prefer the classic plastic snap closure. It is an aesthetic choice. Almost ever person I've ever known who wore caps preferred this closure or a fitted cap over the pull closures.

I purchased the treated poplin version of the hat and while it cost $200 or so it is massively cheaper than some of the idiotic shit that people purchase on this forum. I just don't normally openly criticize peoples purchases.

Comment

• wilbur
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
          Got several great stuff recently, but this is the best. Just got them today. 8oz denim with paper coating amazing material and cut
          Those are really stellar! From the pictures I've seen, it looks like they have a really agressive sheen to them, as if they were heavily waxed, would you say this holds true in person?

Comment

• tellure
            • Aug 2011

Couple LUC knits.. first is a size 50 which I bought off Eck (thanks again!). Size felt pretty large for a 50 so I did the unthinkable and wetted it down and shrunk it in the dryer. Now it fits great IMO.

Second one is a size 48 (my usual size) that I bought a while back which turned out to be too tight. Wish I could get the LUC sizing figured out..

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

Leather daddies...

Comment

• Dropt
                • May 2009

Originally posted by tellure View Post
                Congrats! Looks super boring.

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

This is recent purchases, not WAYWT.
                  But I like the fit of the Sz.48.
                  If it's too tight for you, trade it for my graphite dyed LS :)
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                    Congrats! Looks super boring.
                    I think the top looks good. The fit is perfect.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dropt
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                      This is recent purchases, not WAYWT.
                      True, but that's how you still wear it at the end of the day, no?

I agree with you both though, fit of the sweater is on point.

Comment

• noirgt
                        • Oct 2012

I think LUC stuff are something that look really boring and usual in pictures, but after you wear/ feel them in person, you gotta buy them because they represent the art of marterial and knit.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                          True, but that's how you still wear it at the end of the day, no?

I agree with you both though, fit of the sweater is on point.
                          I think what Mofiya was implying that the sweater might be thrown on for the photo and the entire outfit is not the point.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

It's the blue jeans and wristwatch that take it into IT-worker territory. Nothing wrong with the sweater or fit (or entire picture), but I agree it's a bit boring :)
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

but of course as Faust implied, it's unfair to judge a "recent purchases" picture with the same criteria as a waywt because that's not the point of the photo
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2011

Fits "perfect" I guess, but looks bad because it accentuates how skinny you are

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎