• Dec 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

^ the leather on each is beautiful! awesome pickups, just beautiful pieces

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

well, you've made quite the transition in the past couple of months!

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Martin Margiela Biege stripe cotton shirt,

Martin margiela Black cotton tuxedo shirt

Les Campbell Sheer Cotton Voile Floral print shirt

Les Campbell brown cotton shirt

Les Campbell Blue printed Cotton Shirt

Les Campbell black/white Cotton S/S Shirt

A Ton of CD's to add to the Z-mans Music Collection............

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• analog
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="kompressorkev"]fuuma, i'd be glad to post a pic when it comes in - it's ordered it from yoox and it's shipping to me.[/quote]Did you get the grey or the brown? I've been considering getting the buffalo leather version (not from YOOX)...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

Martin Margiela Biege stripe cotton shirt,

Martin margiela Black cotton tuxedo shirt

Les Campbell Sheer Cotton Voile Floral print shirt

Les Campbell brown cotton shirt

Les Campbell Blue printed Cotton Shirt

Les Campbell black/white Cotton S/S Shirt

A Ton of CD's to add to the Z-mans Music Collection............

[/quote]

I'm going to have to ask you to make me a good reggae mix.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Getting the 2nd RO shearling today. Wish me luck.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

i'm sure it'll work out. glad you were able to get another crack at it!
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Getting the 2nd RO shearling today. Wish me luck.
                  [/quote]

A direct hit - I am happy :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

you would have to tell me what kind of reggae you like as the scope of the music is very broad,

there are the inspirational Culturalists like Bob Marley, Luciano , Buju Banton (my Favorite) Garnet Silk, Jah Cure etc.

then there are the Firebrand Rastas........ Capleton, Sizzla , Anthony B, Determine etc.

then you have the Lovers Rock (like R&B) Category of Beres Hammond, George Nooks, Dennis Brown, Sanchez, among others

there is also the Dance Hall which encompasses the music of Beenie Man, Shaggy, Sean Paul, Elephant man, Lady Saw and a ton of others,

there is also the Gangster DJ's (these i disdain) like Bounty Killer (featured on Gwen Stephani's No Doubt Album). Movado, BabyCham, Vibez Cartel and many more.

there is also Ska (pre-reggae Jamaican Music) by singers like Ken Boothe, Derrick Harriot, Boris Gardener, Leroy Sibbles, Toots and the Maytals and many more, If you are into older music (i find the quality better) you would like these,

Let me know what you like and i can proceed from there................

For my own music i do a lot of filtering,
                    anything that is Violent, Immoral, or Derogatory just for the sake of so being, I don't listen to.............. i just has a very good friend (Craig Dennis) who was on his way to super stardom, who was killed after a performance at a nightclub, rumor has it that it was because of his association with one of the Gangster DJ's........................... One more reason to dislike them

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Faust"]Getting the 2nd RO shearling today. Wish me luck.
                      [/quote]

A direct hit - I am happy :-)

[/quote]

Really glad to hear this finally worked out! And it's almost cold enough to wear it, sheesh.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Dance Hall and Ska would be good, Zam.

I can't listen to Bob Marley anymore - he's been co-opted by white people in Abercrombie gear.

I have not listened to Reggae in a very long time, in about 10 years probably. "If I was a rich girl, ta-na-na-na-na-na-na... " :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Dance Hall and Ska would be good, Zam.

I can't listen to Bob Marley anymore - he's been co-opted by white people in Abercrombie gear.

I have not listened to Reggae in a very long time, in about 10 years probably. "If I was a rich girl, ta-na-na-na-na-na-na... " :-)

[/quote]

you should also try to get your hands on some Peter Tosh , an exeedingly talented artiste, who was a member (guitarist and sometimes lead vocals) of Bob Marley's band.........the Wailers

He was (IMO) a better talent than Bob Marley, but he was very Mercurial and Unruly, (His Guitar was custom built like an AK-47 rifle and he once smoked weed in Buckingham palace in protest for its legalization)........and thus did not have the same kind of success, He was ultimately killed in a massacre carried out by a man who used to live on he same street i grew up on.................

here he is with his guitar..........

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Ok, this is an un-purchase post. After a careful examination utilizing a full-length mirror I decided that my RO shearling adventures are ending in failure. It's partial failure of course, since I am getting out of it with a lot of money in my pocket [<:o)]. IF basement sale?

BTW, let me know if anyone wants it, before I ship it back to YOOX. It's just ill cut in my opinion (or for my body type) - the shoulders and armholes are tight, while the bottom part is fairly loose. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• badseeds
                              • Mar 2007

faust sorry to hear that you have to let it go.. Btw i have two bombers from RO which both have this somwhat weird cut. The shoulder part fits like M but thebottom part istoo loose. But since they are very soft, imfine.they dont look so weird asit sounds.

Comment

• gusgusterson
                                • Mar 2007

I decided to move this weekend because I heard Max Romeo in a cafe in the neighborhood we were checking out. One of my recent purchases was a Trojan box set (Rude Boys maybe - it has "Guns Fever" on it) and the Specials album for my dad. Desmond Dekker, The Viceroys, and Prince Buster are next. He had some sort of ska revelation recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎