X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    I don't think I could wear it with baggy Jan-Jan pants though, I'd look like a pile of fabric so your insight is right
    yeh you & me both... if we were taller maybe, but i like the fact you buy wide and varied, luxe, classic, street, and almost unknown..

After seeing my friends pieces i really wanted some...
    faust is right there was a sample sale i think at the start of this month.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      True, true, but I just bought a black Faliero Sarti at Atelier :-) I love my Schneider scarves though...

For the best selection of JanJan's stuff, you should go to his popup store in Antwerp, since you are in the hood. He is a really lovely person, too. When you see him, you get what he is doing.
      He looks like a hippie with his dreads but in a good way, which is rare...

popup store is Solarshop, I know they sometimes change part of the place (from Gallery to restaurant etc.), Antwerp is one of the greatest small cities in the world, you can see how industrial design, urban planning and graphic design can do to a city landscape when it is used in a positive way (which is rare).
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• neostrifeX
        • Jun 2013

My grail since forever just came in, and it's everything I imagined it would be.

Comment

• Glasshands
          • Jul 2013

I managed to track down a pair of new Rick Owens front zip boots, and then managed to get a further discount on them, I'm shivering with anticipation for them to be delivered

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Fuuuma, I think the tunic and sweater would look better on me than they would on you, therefore I thing you should give them to me. It is the only reasonable thing to do. Ok bye

Comment

• jskidder1
              • Jan 2011

i don't usually post here, but i was pretty pleased with my atelier haul today:

guidi gomma backzips
              ccp dead end jeans
              luc beanie
              wm ring

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Those dead-end jeans are one of the bigger jokes Poell has perpetrated.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jskidder1
                  • Jan 2011

really? those jeans were actually the first ccp item i have ever tried on. never had much interest because his aesthetic doesn't go well with what i typically wear (bbs and rick), but they fit me perfectly so i just couldn't pass them up for the price. and i imagine they will hold up better than most of my boris pants that are popping stitches constantly.

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

i wouldn't expect them to hold up too long, everyone iv known who has bought them the stitches pop... more so than boris. Hey if i were to find a pair in 42 id snap them up.

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                      • Sep 2012

I still lust after the dead end's. The stitches are a little worrisome, and while I prefer the BBS stitch pants, it's too aggressive for me most of the time. Dead end's are still unique as hell but quite subtle, at half off it's a no brainer.

Wish I was able to get in on the Atelier action sooner, Most of the items I really wanted were long gone, especially on stuff that HLorenzo does not ever mark down (ok, maybe they'll mark it down 30% if it doesn't sell in a year or two).

I almost got a pair of CCP Derbies or A1923 Bull leather derbies, but I opted to go with what I know i'll wear and got some Guidi 988 Backzips.

RIP Atelier

Comment

• Castor
                        • Nov 2009

Hey. I love those jeans.
                        Originally posted by DRRRK
                        The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• stereophobic
                          • Aug 2009

Mine have held up well with weekly wear but I had to size up two since the 48 was too tight in the legs.

My BBS waxed P13 on the other hand... 4 wears and 2 popped stitches...
                          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• chandler
                            • Jan 2011

totally disagree. i got a pair from atelier when they first came out. they're holding up great, amazing fabric, texture, color and details and couldn't be happier. they break in great

what don't you like about them?

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                              i wouldn't expect them to hold up too long, everyone iv known who has bought them the stitches pop... more so than boris. Hey if i were to find a pair in 42 id snap them up.
                              I've put about 50-60 wears on a 3rd hand grey pair from the initial batch, all the stitches are intact (including the hem), the colour has faded in some places but they are otherwise in great condition. Perhaps I got a lucky pair among many lemons.....

Just a bit of potentially useful info snafu, the the current "black" iteration fit one size small so if you could locate a size 44, it would probably fit a 42. The new ones (KIT-D) are noticeably thicker and also have less give than the initial batch (KIT-RTC).

I must have also gotten a good pair of BBS jeans too because after a year of abuse, no stitches have gone awry....maybe it's something in the water up here or it's the magical powers from our weasel dust loving mayor.

Comment

• doldrums
                                • Dec 2008

Stitches only popped on the older (first) iteration...in my experience. He more recent black pair is perfect...

Originally posted by snafu View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎