• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetLag
    • Jul 2008

First post in this thread
    SLP, Haider A. & CCP

Originally posted by danman
    If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

Eclectic

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Now let's see it all worn together.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SpaceCowboy
          • Feb 2014

All black Rick Sneakers, been looking for them for ages :)[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I wonder why this version is not very popular. For the longest time I thought it did not exist.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I wonder why this version is not very popular. For the longest time I thought it did not exist.
              not sure if this is tongue in cheek, but i'd imagine the all black is less recognizable and be it as it may rick dunks are a sort of status symbol. be it for the purpose of recognizable luxury or to be in know of the owens tribe. i honestly prefer the all black version, sans that zipper but whatever.

Comment

• SpaceCowboy
                • Feb 2014

That does make sense, since they don't stand out compared to other rick shoes from a distance from other all black sneakers. Agree about the zipper but it's not something that really bothers me.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

No, I was completely serious, messenoire. And you are probably right about the reason.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• schemedream
                    • Jan 2013

I love the all black ones. That's why I kop'd the all black islands. I still don't understand the white gum / rubber sole thing all that much. Why the hell would you ever wanna rock something where the white is closer to the ground than every other part of the shoe sans the actual sole. Maybe someone here can finally explain it to me. It's alluded me. Maybe it's like leaving the sticker on your straight brim hat? As long as it's white everyone else knows it's new, thus you are "flossin it"? I get that it breaks up the monotony of the outfit and it also looks good on some shoes....but the rampant popularity of it in all sneakers all the time everywhere irritates me. I don't buy sneakers most of the time solely (no pun intended) for this reason alone.

Maybe I'm just a pleb normcore know nothing and there is some secret I have yet to unlock regarding this matter.

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

I bought the all blacks because they're more boot-like and I find them more versatile then the black/white combinations. Currently I like the all black the best, but I really don't mind the white rubber sole as well. I find the white rubber should be thrashed/dirty looking for the sneakers to look good. I've never liked shiny white on sneakers.
                      Grailed link

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

I had the ultra famous black/white version but I sold them for the all black iteration. (SS12). They are my favorite RO sneakers so far.

@unwashed, Indeed. When I showed them for first time to my friends they said "nice boots, rangers (hum ok if you say so...)".

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i had the all black with the shortish tongues but they just felt like another pair of boots; white just reads more like a trainer

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            they just felt like another pair of boots; white just reads more like a trainer
                            My thoughts exactly and my reason for going with the black and white Cargo baskets.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

White on the sole because the Cure is the best:

I mean even just how he laces them vs how Geos as sold, come on. I opted for the all white ones myself, because boys don't cry:

bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

For fuck's sake, we already have one Rick Owens sneaker thread - do we need another?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎