X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
    I was looking for a backpack for a while, in the end I went with this Atelier de l'Armée made with:
    outside
    - deadstock cowhide leather
    inside
    - deadstock selvage denim
    - deadstock indigo cotton chambray
    additional
    - black buffale leather straps
    - deadstock riri zipper
    - rivetted stress points

Full leather makes it quite heavy but it's a backpack, it's fine, I wouldn't buy another type of bag if made only with substantial leather.
    Anyway, just going to add one thing: they were really kind and understanding when I ask them a few different things concerning the bag and the shipping. I recommend them.
    Oh and bags are 1/1(you can ask them to make a similar one though)
    The bag looks nice and well constructed, but may I ask what all this "deadstock" is about? Especially the RiRi zipper.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• francojean23
      • Sep 2008

from the ashes of discontinued, deadstock was born

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by neongud View Post
        These babies. Best iteration imo. My second pair.

great upper, but i feel it works best with black soles. a bit too much contrast with BOTH texture and color being different. either one or the other, imo.

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Chinorlz, I think it's the word they use for recycled military material. I just copied what was written on the website. I agree that it doesn't make much sens for the zipper as it will not change with time/use (unlike the leather).
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• neongud
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            great upper, but i feel it works best with black soles. a bit too much contrast with BOTH texture and color being different. either one or the other, imo.
            I am inclined to disagree with that statement. The white sole is partly what's selling me on these, and it's a nice contrast. I think it looks great, but then again, I have never been a fan of all black sneakers. On boots it's another story though.

Comment

• kurta
              • Jun 2014

The Paul Harnden winter-weighted jet-black classic blazer of my dreams and I have been united, at long last. We are very happy together, dear friends, it is a love match. (All told it is also a bit of an arranged marriage; thanks to the noble upsilonkng for bringing us together.)

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                I am inclined to disagree with that statement. The white sole is partly what's selling me on these, and it's a nice contrast. I think it looks great, but then again, I have never been a fan of all black sneakers. On boots it's another story though.
                i like the white sole version with the regular leather upper in black. and urs are fine, not bad at all. just prefer them all-black with this suede leather.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                  Chinorlz, I think it's the word they use for recycled military material. I just copied what was written on the website. I agree that it doesn't make much sens for the zipper as it will not change with time/use (unlike the leather).
                  The bag is lovely no doubt about it and looks to be quite well constructed. Just a pet peeve of mine when stores/designers/groups throw around silly terms for hype. If any fabric/leather store "runs out" of a material you could call it "deadstock" and in every case is used as a marketing tool to make it seem "special." I don't think any of the components used were military in any way and RiRi has been producing the same zippers for quite a long time. I just personally don't think stores/designers/groups need to artificially add descriptors in an effort to make their product appear more precious. The work itself and materials/materials descriptors (as they truly are) should stand alone.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

A classic, kurta. And you only need one, contrary to what MikeN believes!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      The bag is lovely no doubt about it and looks to be quite well constructed. Just a pet peeve of mine when stores/designers/groups throw around silly terms for hype. If any fabric/leather store "runs out" of a material you could call it "deadstock" and in every case is used as a marketing tool to make it seem "special." I don't think any of the components used were military in any way and RiRi has been producing the same zippers for quite a long time. I just personally don't think stores/designers/groups need to artificially add descriptors in an effort to make their product appear more precious. The work itself and materials/materials descriptors (as they truly are) should stand alone.
                      As much as I agree with you, this particular brand might say the truth about using "military material" (of course, definition is wide) because they actually made their reputation based almost only on that (hence their name). In my case, to be honest, I just liked the design and the thick leather - didn't really care about where or what it came from

kurta, really nice, a bit jealous on this as I've been looking for that particular blazer for a while now
                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

pick ups of late:

big thanks to SZ affiliates Ink for feeding the Rick addiction and Patron of the New (and my lovely girl for the birthday gift) for the Kuboraum for Julius sunglasses.

Comment

• axtang
                          • Sep 2013

more than a little jealous of you, kurta, as that exact blazer is one of my most desired pieces. absolutely beautiful, and congrats to you on such a nice pickup.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                            • Jul 2010

Kurta, what is the exact name, code on that jacket?
                            I need her in my life!

Comment

• Trixer
                              • Mar 2014

Can only second the sentiments on that PH blazer, what a beauty

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                A classic, kurta. And you only need one, contrary to what MikeN believes!
                                As Mr. Burns says "I'd trade it all for a little more."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎