• -Untitled
      • Sep 2013

^http://www.sz-mag.com/market/steidl-poster/

Comment

• vegettoo
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by fwoedit View Post
        Just bought these, they arrive Monday!

The color is amazing, and I love the absence of the white stitch in a lot of the ones I've seen on Darklands.

So excited ....
        looks good,the the shape of the recent season turned sharp,dont know abt the stiffness,wat leather is it?

Comment

• fwoedit
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
          looks good,the the shape of the recent season turned sharp,dont know abt the stiffness,wat leather is it?
          Reindeer! I got them from Vertice, but Suus has them too. They say it's softer like kangaroo (not sure why kangaroo, maybe they mean good ol' fashioned cow) but holds its shape closer to horse.

According to Suus: "It made of reindeer leather which is softer than horse but thicker than kangaroo."

I love both horse and kangaroo; but I have a feeling it's closer to horse. We shall see tomorrow!!

Comment

• byhand
            • Dec 2011

Reindeer is a peculiar leather for footwear. It's not the most stable. Fine for gloves and maybe jackets. Not so sure about shoes. It seems like a heavy-handed reach for the exotic.

As an aside, one can purchase leather, exotic or quotidian, and bring it to a shoemaker who has decades of experience in the field and have custom shoes made for cheaper than these cost retail. Nothing particularly revolutionary about the shoe design. It's a fairly standard derby.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Oh sure, I'll just have my coachman stop at the local tannery before taking me to the town cordwainer. :p
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• guardimp
                • Jun 2010

No need to ever touch the unfinished product, it's super easy to handle everything except the fitting online. Just order the leather of your choice and have it mailed straight to the shoe/boot maker.

Comment

• byhand
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                  Oh sure, I'll just have my coachman stop at the local tannery before taking me to the town cordwainer. :p
                  Every big metropolitan center that has a garment district will have leather showrooms. Not always easy to get into unless you have connections. I've visited a few of the best in Manhattan as the guest of a shoemaker who was sourcing materials for his work. They have everything you can imagine.

Comment

• kurta
                    • Jun 2014

Given the current reindeer conversation, thought you might like to see it -- I just received the current season black A1923 / A Diciannoveventitre derby in reindeer leather ("renna," which is Simone's special leather of the season, following last season's kudu), featuring a stacked heel and a deep navy/eggplant sole. The top of the outsole (where the upper and sole meet) has a very light bluish white strip which subtly accents the stitching in and around the sole. The reindeer leather is markedly grained, pliable but structured. Seems as though it will break in nicely, more easily than cavallo or cordovan or the like, and conform to the foot to provide a comfortable fit.

Also: very pretty.

And this made me realize that I never posted this A1923 derby in bianco cavallo I picked up last season. It's a favorite.

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

I have the same RENNA Derby. I think simone has tweaked the shape slightly....certainly the depth of the heel cup, so the shoe holds your foot more securely.
                      Exactly as you say kutra....the RENNA is a wonderful leather. Reminds me of a less textured and very very slightly thinner version of bison.
                      Breaks in very nicely and the leather is looking better and better as I wear them.
                      The eggplant sole is a really nice and subtle addition.
                      I think it's his best Derby yet. Great toe shape and profile.

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

A selection of recent (2014) purchases (bar the CCP derby which is older)
                        Just waiting on an oiled horse lace up workboot.

From back to front;
                        Horse, bison, bison, buffalo, reindeer

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ OG baller in da house!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neongud
                            • Mar 2013

Just got these. My god, these are CRAZY.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Forgot to add this gem! Werkstatt:Munchen cashmered handknit beanie with silver detail. Never loved a hat so much.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• daou0782
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

M.A+ 5 pocket jersey pant s48

Just got these in the mail from a seller in the UK. These are by far the most comfortable pants I have. Unfortunately the fabric is quite stretchy, and there is some sagging around the knees. I also suspect I could have gone a size down. I got them for a third of the retail price, so I'm generally satisfied with the purchase. I'll try to find a smaller size and less stretchy material as I'm very impressed with the intricacies of this model's cut. Also, some M.A+ footwear to improve the interaction with the pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎