X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: Recent Purchases

albert... the suits definitely make you look really tall.. as well. I think Evisu or Levi did a version of the J pants as well.. and it was been posted on the net too..

Comment

• klangspiel
      • Apr 2007

[quote user="Faust"] If Giger was in fashion, I would be in heaven. I think Giger and Poell should do a collaboration.[/quote]

I think Giacometti would be the better collaborator.

I can see Poell dressing up (or undressing) something like this:

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

^ That good sir would be amazing. I think Giger would translate much better though. Some truly novel designs would come from that collaborative effort.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I understand the point dontbecruel is making. It seems to me that more often than not this forum gets hung up on buying exclusive stuff. One does not require a whole world to admire his/hers purchases - a handful of people are enough. The amount of the actual discussion of designers' work, what goes into their philosophy, do they have any to begin with, their contribution to fashion, etc. has been minimal. It is very disappointing.

Having said that, I also understand the responses. Part of fashion IS looking at and appreciating the garments themselves. In the end, it IS the garment we enjoy, and we enjoy it most when we have it. What I truly hope is that this is what drives people's buying decisions, and not their desire to belong to some exclusive club (which I surely hope SZ isn't!).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Crazy jacket! The details and the dye job on them is fantastic.... I'd just be way to paranoid to wear that thing anywhere and get even just water on it. Love to see just some straight up shots of it though.

My CCP suit from A arrived yesterday. The pants fit sliiiim through the legs but ruch nicely at the knee . The jacket fits great as well. For a little while I thought about maybe exchanging it for a size 52, but I think the 50 is pretty damn good. A 52 in the jacket would just be too big in the chest. I don't even need to have the legs taken up. Perfect length for 6' while generating a neat silhouette.

If you've got the money to spend and are on the market for a pretty versatile suit, this is a great candidate guys!

[/quote]

Not sure about the suit Albert but its very hard to say from the picture. I'd look at the knee area as it seems to be slimmer than the thigh or calf which could or couldn't be an interesting look but is certainly unusual.

Once again kind of hard to say from the blurry picture but you seem to have a shouldershape that goes well for pagoda shoulders so that's a plus. On the other hand the jacket seems to tapper pretty high on the torsogiving you a bell shape (think 18th century jackets popular in the royal courts of europe)and accenting your hips, an effect that is, no doubt, amplified by the trumpet like sleeves Poell uses. This might be what you want or not, just saying that it is not the typical suit look.

This is what I'm reading in the picture but considering how blurry it is and that lifting your arm to hold the camera while holding the other one on your side can certainly modify how the jacket sits on you, I'd say its more about potential problem areas I'd look into than anything else.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="klangspiel"]

[quote user="Faust"] If Giger was in fashion, I would be in heaven. I think Giger and Poell should do a collaboration.[/quote]

I think Giacometti would be the better collaborator.

I can see Poell dressing up (or undressing) something like this:

[/quote]

Giacometti is amazing and, so I've hard, the driving philosophy behind Dior Homme's model choices[74]

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ dang, that's clear as a day! You know, sometimes you can't discern a thing because it's just too obvious, not because it's so obscure.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Did you go to YY, Faust?
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

my halloween costume

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Got People of the 20th century (August Sander) as a gift yesterday and am extremely happy about it. Love that book.

Also bought a bunch of mags and once again, there was a damn article on Terence Koh (this time in Art review). A few weeks ago I was thumbing through a crappy women mag (think celebrity gossip and Gucci ads) and that ubiquitous wanker was there!!!!!!!

Shit there's a picture of him attending a Dash Snow happening in this month's I-D. He's in that magazine so often it feels like product placement.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I think more so why this thread is here is for the excitement one might get after purchasing something, whether big or small. The ability to share something with like-minded individuals is something I love about SZ. So I don't really think people are touting thier wealth so much as displaying something that is enjoyable for them. Myself, none of my friends really care about clothes so I can't say to them, "Hey, check out these CCP trousers, look at the detailing on the waistband, yadda yadda yadda.."

With that said, the designer threads are my favorite. Sometimes I might not know what to post but i certainly always go back to those threads for the information and of course, eye candy. [75]

Oh and to keep this on track, I sent in my deposit for my tattoo work while I'm in NYC! :)
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

/\ Who's pushing ink into you out there?
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]Did you go to YY, Faust?
                            [/quote]

No, maam - forgot that Mrs. Faust had a personal training session. I'd go today, but I need to cut my hair yesterday, so I finally am going after work.

Going to see Control after that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Philip, the suit looks good, but on the heels (no pun intended) of our yesterday's discussion, I'd like to see how it looks with the pants tucked in. [51]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Today, I am buying an expensive (by my standards) haircut for the first time in my life. May the light of Buddha shine on me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎