Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

This gives you a better idea: appearance of a skirt, but constructed like trousers.

edit: think of it like the front panel being one leg and the rear overlapped panel being the other, if that makes any sense..

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

nice one andrew, knew you'd get it.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Nice carpes, Tia. My holy Grail.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

nice carpes obviously
          but andrew that piece is starting to make me rethink julius, really hope i get to see it on you.
          Also how does it feel on the body ? are the pants balanced ?

Comment

• ironman
            • Apr 2008

cool purchase andrew!

from what i saw on yahoo auctions, (one of) the shorter skirts offered from CDG H+ for SS09 was also made like that with the overlap

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
              nice carpes obviously
              but andrew that piece is starting to make me rethink julius, really hope i get to see it on you.
              Also how does it feel on the body ? are the pants balanced ?
              I'll just say I have been on the hunt for the perfect, skirt/kilt/skort/trouser/ whatever you want to call it, for quite sometime. I was very close to pulling the trigger on the CDG stuff both this season and last, but always found the detailing a bit cheap and the finish a bit too clean cut for my taste, also these are both actually skirts, or maybe wraps is a better word. I tried on the Yohji skirt from this season, loved the length and looked amazing with a blazer on, the wool material is also super nice and [too] warm, the latter part killing it for me along with the $1700 price tag. Had a chance to also try CGD & Yohji's wide leg pants which give the impression of a skirt, but the design was a bit flawed IMO. Consider the LUC pinned skirt, but again lack of construction pulled me away. Also tried Mihara yasuhiro's attached kilt pants and will being very well made, felt rather gimmicky with the attached kilt only on the front of the pants and stitched into the side seams of the trousers.

The Julius piece ended up being a total surprise, mainly because I had no idea the piece was part of AW09 or existed for that matter. The material is really beautiful mix which gives it a more organic feel to it, allowing it to be easily dressed up or down. I found the design to be a flawless hybrid of both ideas [wrap and trousers]. On the body the feeling is of a loose pair of cropped trousers, movement in the piece is smooth and effortless and maintains the 'skirt' appearance as the split between the legs is masked by the construction of the front pleat [something that really bothered me about the CDG & YY pieces]. The piece also has an intelligent side zip closure system, which gives you two different ways of wearing the piece: higher up or low on the hips and more slouchy. Overall it achieves the perfect silhouette I was after while not coming across overtly feminine, and of course not actually skirt.
              Last edited by andrewislasorad; 09-17-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                cool purchase andrew!

from what i saw on yahoo auctions, (one of) the shorter skirts offered from CDG H+ for SS09 was also made like that with the overlap
                Thanks!

Actually, these are also wraps, that is to say when everything is unbuckled you simple have one long piece of polyester/wool cloth.
                But CDG did do a few longer [less successful] variations like you are describing.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

andrew thanks for that, i really like the idea also, but there is a fine line between it working and not.
                  Im not _7 fan but now looking at some of the less styled pieces ( without all the heavy hardwear) but this seems really great, really like the idea of closing it tighter or looser; would love to see detailed pics.
                  Yohji gets the man skirt right but the price is the problem. I agree with you on comme i think they are great but not for me the thing that stopped me last season was the fabric. It wouldnt blend with the rest of what i own. The pics from A of this seasons seem better, and i like apron as design but fuck i doubt id wear it if owned it, without feeling like forced fashion.

personally id love to see carol do one, but i doubt we will see it soon.
                  I know grandma likes the idea of a kilt or a skirt for a man, fingers crossed we see it soon. A winter wrap/kilt out of some of his fabrics would be amazing.

Comment

• Alesha
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                    Are they made by Augusta? They look very similar in style and material to them and BBS used their boots for the SS10 show, right?
                    I am not a fan of very tight boots - I like them loose around ankle, so I been choosing between those and Augusta. From first glance, I won't be surprised if they were produced by Augusta. So I had to compare both to each other.

The quality is good, and they are incredibly soft and comfortable for me unlike say Augusta boots.

The difference between them and Augusta, beyond design and lack of zippers/laces is lower heel and incredibly comfy fit.

Also one important difference, is the sole extension to the side, it will come handy during dirty winter.

I am thinking if I should put in rubber protection on them or not. Any advice?
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

put some vibram on if you want them to last

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

I got them too Alesha and they are the perfect boot for me, suuuuper comfy and just sleek while rough...
                        Put a vibram sole under them sparing the cut out part. no problem with that. i was wearing them the first days without and the stones on the street crunched into the sole...;)
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Rech
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Tia View Post
                          carpe diem
                          mm S45 double bottom great

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by andrewilasorad View Post
                            can't help myself, Julius rayon/cotton skirt/trouser

thanks dji

Comment

• Alesha
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                              I got them too Alesha and they are the perfect boot for me, suuuuper comfy and just sleek while rough...
                              Put a vibram sole under them sparing the cut out part. no problem with that. i was wearing them the first days without and the stones on the street crunched into the sole...;)
                              Now I just have to figure out who can do it in Moscow.

Oh additionally it's super comfortable to drive a car in them.
                              Originally posted by interest1
                              I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Andrew: great buy. I wanted those too, but I want the drape shirt he's wearing more. I ordered a grey one, am waiting for it to arrive.

I also bought the priest hat by RO. It's fucking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎