• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="ardeetee"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

What luck! That's awesome. I'm tempted to order it from Oki-Ni but without trying it on I don't want to run the risk.

[/quote]

Speaking of Oki-Ni, has anyone been in contact with them recently? I've emailed them 2x about an order placed on Dec 20th and I haven't received the package or even a reply to my emails. I was looking at that jacket too, but there's no way I'm placing another order until this is sorted out first.

[/quote]

I've never dealt with Oki-Ni but they certainly appear wholly legit. Depending on where in the world you reside it could be a back-up in customs.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Ordered these Collection Privee? ballet flats for my wife on YOOX. I dislike 90% of the versions out there, but these were nice.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
        • Sep 2006

Nice Faust. I checked out some Repetto in France but they are expensive.

Comment

• ardeetee
          • Apr 2007

[quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="ardeetee"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

What luck! That's awesome. I'm tempted to order it from Oki-Ni but without trying it on I don't want to run the risk.

[/quote]

Speaking of Oki-Ni, has anyone been in contact with them recently? I've emailed them 2x about an order placed on Dec 20th and I haven't received the package or even a reply to my emails. I was looking at that jacket too, but there's no way I'm placing another order until this is sorted out first.

[/quote]

I've never dealt with Oki-Ni but they certainly appear wholly legit. Depending on where in the world you reside it could be a back-up in customs.

[/quote]

I'm within the EU :( I finally got an update though, turns out they sent it to the wrong address... TWICE! I had to contact DHL myself to give them the correct address. Hopefully it'll arrive on my doorstep soon.

Comment

• Orochi
            • Sep 2007

Re: Recent Purchases

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

orochi - nice haul, I liked some of the pieces I saw at Concrete in London but they had quite limited sizes..

[/quote]

I haven't been to Concrete myself but I've heard that they don't stock that many styles and sizes because of limited space, and that it's actually Selfridges that carriesthe largestrange of Unconditional in London. I can't say enough good things about this label - for the price point the quality is fantastic.

Comment

• therapysessions
              • Jul 2007

My first buy in a long time..Margiela Fish Hook Bracelet

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

Man, that was quick! Looks great, Peter.

I really should charge stores for the items I feature on my blog. I've sold so much stuff for other people...

Comment

• Orochi
                  • Sep 2007

[quote user="bakla"]

I really should charge stores for the items I feature on my blog. I've sold so much stuff for other people...

[/quote]

Yes indeed! I've set my sights on that sexy Lacie hard disk that was featured on your blog a while ago.

Comment

• therapysessions
                    • Jul 2007

[quote user="bakla"]

[/quote]

Hahah really. I checked your blog this morning and I was like..oh shit, I need that. Dropped by barneys during lunch. :P

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

CCP overlock jeans. I think these are the ones that Casius tried on and wanted to pick up in hindsight at Maxfield. I think they just pulled it off the floor, but decided to put them back out. At any rate, in my closet now.

And is anyone familiar with the raised hem Yohji trousers at Barney's? Any thoughts on those from those who are? I was thinking about snagging those, but need to go back and try them on with some boots.

Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

DHC- I usually don't regret not buying something, especially something of such value but I kick myself for not getting those at the time! Literally the best jeans I have ever put on, I would never need another pair. So in other words, great purchase!! :)
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Oh man, these overlocks have been talked up for quite a while... David, can you please post a photo?

...and are there any more left at Maxfield's in a 50? hehehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="DHC"]

And is anyone familiar with the raised hem Yohji trousers at Barney's? Any thoughts on those from those who are? I was thinking about snagging those, but need to go back and try them on with some boots.

[/quote]

got any pics? The models of this season's YY trousers (assuming you mean f/w 07) seem to be quite challenging in the silhouette, the ones with the wool elastic cuff hem would look fine with the YYx Dr. Martens boots I think, but a bit more difficult on say, C Diems (Edit: scratch that...i just tried picturing it in my head, and i think these pants would work with any kind of rugged looking work boot). The staff did advise that they would be acceptable with sneakers as well. The only other trouser cut i saw was a very baggy khaki that was almost pajama-like in the shape, but also kind of cropped looking. No idea what kind of shoes one would wear with those...

recently i bought:

Button up leather military-pocketwestern stylejacket in black

Grey zip-up hoodie w/ 4 washed pockets

Faded grey snap button western shirt

all from N(N)...and that pretty much wraps up the f/w season, which I didn't have much luck finding pieces i could wear here in hong kong given the weather. As usual I think the s/s season will have more things that i could fit into my wardrobe.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

I'd love to find some of those cuffed Yohji trousers on sale, those were excellent. And like Matt said, would work entirely with boots.

My recent purchases;

RO dust l/s

RO striped sweater

RO merino turtleneck

RO SS08 striped l/s

Drkshdw dirty white l/s

RO pants w/ shorts

Raf Simons pull on boot (been looking everywhere for these on sale and finally found them!)

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• matthewhk
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="uparmoured"]

Whilst at Lift Etage, I had an interesting chat with the Owner/Buyer for the shop... The store was fitted out in classic arte povera style with an interesting use of magnets to secure the CCP gloves to the iron wall and hung 3D frames with a glass front to display the CCP SARS mask and M.A+ Bag and Wallets... Very nicely layed out...

She was explaining how Poell will be ceasing to use the overlock technique on his garments and moving towards an innovative fabric glue with invisible nylon stitching technique... Love how "Perforated Leather" is known as "Hole Paaanched Reather" here... They apparently have the entire line of CCP shipped to the store each pre-season for customers to browse and make pre-orders... To which she graciously invited me to if I was in town...

There were some preliminary Avantindietro was in the store... All garments were sold but there was a boot and a shoe... The construction is a real shift from the Carpe Diem form with a narrower profile, smaller heel portion and the minimization of seams...

They have also made a huge order for SS08 M.A+ but apparently no hoodies... Very peculiar...

Quite an experience...

[/quote]

Nice purchases, the CCP tailored stuff they had in there was very nice...and yeah gotta love the way they phrase things out over there. When I tried putting on a jacket I couldn'teven get my arms through at the other Lift, the gentleman told me it was "veeeery special fitting"

There was a bigger/better avantindietro selection at Barney's Shinjuku though. And you're right about the significantly different fit from C Diem, even in a size 5 i couldn't get into the leather shirts, whereas a C Diem size 5 would have had me practically swimming inside. T-shirts were also very fitted, tried on thedouble layer long sleeve inmaroon and itserved as a friendly reminder i need to lose my gut:(

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎