X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Matt, can you describe a bit more about the Avantindietro pieces that you saw and tried on? With photos online lacking, it'd be great to hear a bit about the design and construction...

as for the sizing now, it's something like Linea sizing...you have to go up 2, maybe 3 numbers above what you're used to for CDiem!

Thanks in advance Matt!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

Albert, sorry but can't really help you out...it was a blitzkrieg tour through the stores and i barely remember, the two pieces i remember vividly (because i tried them, and also because the racks were filled with these items in various sizes) was the black leather button up shirt, which is similar to the C Diem version in detailsexcept the C Diem had a rugged, washed look whereas this one was very refined, smooth in texture. It is a very tiny cut, soI'd say it is reminiscent of old Dior button downs in that sense. The maroon double layer long sleeve tee was jersey material and very snug fitting, pretty much wraps itself around your body, the underneath layer is like a sand kind of color. Kinda RO style except with a more conservative neckline, i think this is the kind of tee Brad Pitt's been wearing all the time lately (not surprised if it was the same tee). I also find it familiar because i think L Maltieri used to come out with this tee as well.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Thanks Matt, I appreciate your info on it! This damn line has so much mystery surrounding it.

Best of luck in your travels my friend!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Re: Recent Purchases

[quote user="matthewhk"][quote user="DHC"]

And is anyone familiar with the raised hem Yohji trousers at Barney's? Any thoughts on those from those who are? I was thinking about snagging those, but need to go back and try them on with some boots.

[/quote]

got any pics? The models of this season's YY trousers (assuming you mean f/w 07) seem to be quite challenging in the silhouette, the ones with the wool elastic cuff hem would look fine with the YYx Dr. Martens boots I think, but a bit more difficult on say, C Diems (Edit: scratch that...i just tried picturing it in my head, and i think these pants would work with any kind of rugged looking work boot). The staff did advise that they would be acceptable with sneakers as well. The only other trouser cut i saw was a very baggy khaki that was almost pajama-like in the shape, but also kind of cropped looking. No idea what kind of shoes one would wear with those...

recently i bought:

Button up leather military-pocketwestern stylejacket in black

Grey zip-up hoodie w/ 4 washed pockets

Faded grey snap button western shirt

all from N(N)...and that pretty much wraps up the f/w season, which I didn't have much luck finding pieces i could wear here in hong kong given the weather. As usual I think the s/s season will have more things that i could fit into my wardrobe.

[/quote]

No pics Matt, but do I believe we are talking about the same trousers. These
          pants would definitely work with CDiems, as well as with any other kind of
          'rugged looking work boot' as you said. Problem is, I don't think
          they'll work with anything more polished. I just couldn't picture them
          with some Lineas (which is a weird combination, but I'd like to try it), so I figure if they
          work with those I'll take them.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

I'd love to find some of those cuffed Yohji trousers on sale, those were excellent. And like Matt said, would work entirely with boots.

My recent purchases;

RO dust l/s

RO striped sweater

RO merino turtleneck

RO SS08 striped l/s

Drkshdw dirty white l/s

RO pants w/ shorts

Raf Simons pull on boot (been looking everywhere for these on sale and finally found them!)

[/quote]

Yeah, I really dig the Yohji trousers as well.

Cas. My god man! Haven't you done enough shopping over the past 2 weeks?

Nice haul to add on to the goods you pulled down from your trip to NYC. How are you liking those Augustas?

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Haha, yea! I can't resist a good sale though. Plus, I sold/am selling a few things, so I guess it all evens out. :)

The Agustas are great. I even wore them a few days after buying them around NY and they are comfy as hell. Honestly, beats the hell out of my old Guidis in terms of comfort.

I'm afraid to see the new SS line, I loved the wrap boots I saw at A and the rest of the line looks wonderful. Oh my wallet....

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

Haha, yea! I can't resist a good sale though. Plus, I sold/am selling a few things, so I guess it all evens out. :)

The Agustas are great. I even wore them a few days after buying them around NY and they are comfy as hell. Honestly, beats the hell out of my old Guidis in terms of comfort.

I'm afraid to see the new SS line, I loved the wrap boots I saw at A and the rest of the line looks wonderful. Oh my wallet....

[/quote]

Guidis aren't comfortable? Hmm thanks for the heads up, i was considering buying a pair of those down the line exactly because I thought they looked like they were great for walking around all day and beating up. How are they priced, by the way?

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Well, I don't know if I just had the wrong size or what, but mine weren't that comfortable. (I did buy my true size though) They were just surprisingly narrow and not much room in the toe despite how round it looks. Maybe I needed to size up.

The Guidi's run around $700-800 for the shoes and $800-1000 for the boots. (I know A still has a pair of the lace up boots in a 45 on 60% off!)

The Agustas however run around $1700-2100 for the boots. The only thing that made me cop a pair was the fact they were 60% off.

Comment

• matthewhk
                    • Jan 2007

thanks for the detailed reply, Casius. How have your boots (both) been wearing? Wear them often? I've had my C Diems for little over a year, but the total time i've been wearing them probably amounts to less than 4 months. The shape, leather and all that is great but the heel is beginning to wear a little, like you know when a leather heel just starts to kind of round out when you wear something hard...becoming a bit worrisome. And I never wanted to put one of those caps on the heel, prefer wearing something in its original state. I figure i'll just get a cobbler to put on a new heel completelyif the thing becomes completely shot down the line (Matt X C Diem crossover one off footwear coming soon in 2009!).

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

I hear you on the Guidis. That's a nice score at 60% off! I wish I hadn't snoozed on those. They really are much more comfortable than they look and look much better on than they do in a still life photo. How much were those full price? And did you happen to catch the price of the wraparounds while you were at A? I didn't realize they already got those in..

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

[quote user="matthewhk"]thanks for the detailed reply, Casius. How have your boots (both) been wearing? Wear them often? I've had my C Diems for little over a year, but the total time i've been wearing them probably amounts to less than 4 months. The shape, leather and all that is great but the heel is beginning to wear a little, like you know when a leather heel just starts to kind of round out when you wear something hard...becoming a bit worrisome. And I never wanted to put one of those caps on the heel, prefer wearing something in its original state. I figure i'll just get a cobbler to put on a new heel completelyif the thing becomes completely shot down the line (Matt X C Diem crossover one off footwear coming soon in 2009!).[/quote]

Matt, if not taps, would it be so bad to slap some topys on those in your estimation? ...an ounce of prevention...

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

The boots were originally $1750 and they were the SS07 ones. I agree with you about the look and feel as well; At first I wasn't too into them with just seeing pictures but after putting them on, I fell in love. Now they're some of my favorite boots and I've already worn them a handful of times since getting them.

Also, A got a prototype of the wrap boots, not a full run. The shape is really CCP-ish but they do take on a life of their own. I actually prefer them to the rubber band boots CCP has made for this season. But I am a little weary of what might happen to the closure after multiple wears.

Matt- I hear you. I haven't resoled any of my shoes with rubber soles yet, even though I should. So far they've all been good but I'll probably end up taking them to a cobbler before they wear down too much.

Comment

• matthewhk
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="DHC"]

[quote user="matthewhk"]thanks for the detailed reply, Casius. How have your boots (both) been wearing? Wear them often? I've had my C Diems for little over a year, but the total time i've been wearing them probably amounts to less than 4 months. The shape, leather and all that is great but the heel is beginning to wear a little, like you know when a leather heel just starts to kind of round out when you wear something hard...becoming a bit worrisome. And I never wanted to put one of those caps on the heel, prefer wearing something in its original state. I figure i'll just get a cobbler to put on a new heel completelyif the thing becomes completely shot down the line (Matt X C Diem crossover one off footwear coming soon in 2009!).[/quote]

Matt, if not taps, would it be so bad to slap some topys on those in your estimation? ...an ounce of prevention...

[/quote]

haven't heard of topys, what are they? Thanks for the suggestion, will take into consideration...man when i bought these i planned on wearing them for life!

beforebrowsing around the C Diem thread i had no idea avantindietro was that big of a project...i just walked into Lift asking if there were any remnants of C Diem around (there was one black leather pants), and the lady told me about that new label. I should've inquired into the availability offootwear...im not too familiar with leather, but based on my experience i really believe Altieri has perfected the leather boot.

Comment

• uparmoured
                              • Sep 2007

To add to the Avantindietro descriptions, I went back to Barneys Shinjuku today (down the road from my apartment) to have a browse of the items...
                              The Avantindietro Leather Jacket as Matt described is smoother than the distressed CDIEM look. The buttons were invard closing and oval. The brand label seem to be denoted by a white fabric strip that hangs down on the bottom left hem... There was no inner labels indicating size or brand, not that I could find anyway... I did not try on any of the pieces, I guess I was cautious about falling for that leather shirt and having to pull a trigger... My initial impression is that it is a solid line... As mentioned earlier, Lift Etage had a pair of shoes and boots that were very elegant... I am personally on the fence about the tiny heel but the footwear is definitely a step forward in construction techniques...

Barneys had two amazing M.A+ Leather Jackets. One was an Unlined Leather Blazer with the signature double droopy pockets also made with raw leather. The other was a Lined Long Leather Coat with the droopy pockets. Boutique W had a wide range of M.A+ pants in leather and pinstriped wool, they also had a lot of bags and a long jacket. Unfortunately/fortunately all in sizes 44ish... Lift Etage had the Long Hoodie that I purchased, a pair of Leather Pants, a bag and some wallets...

Label Under Construction was available at Barneys, Lift Etage and Boutique W (20-30% Sale)... All had a variety of cashmere, wool and cotton tops... Boutique W had some scarves in tan and gray, a heavy cardigan and some argyle knit sweaters... Lift Etage had some of the long coats and the knitted collared cardigan...

CCP was in abundance in Barneys and Lift Etage with the long and short hybrid shoulder jackets and a variety of pants. Lift Ecru had a white denim fencing jacket... Someone please cop a CCP SARS mask... Lift Etage had an amazing Jointed Elbow Blazer for women (Size 38)... The hybrid jackets are awesome but some of the FW long wool jackets are really a little too heavy to be used in all but the places with very harsh winters...

I am rambling but these are some of the random memories that I have from the last few days... Heading home tomorrow...

On a side note, had dinner with a new friend tonight at the 'Kill Bill' restaurant and she rocks up wearing a Carpe Diem Leather Jacket over an Ann Demeulemeester Vest and pulling it off very well... Pretty awesome...

FS: M.A+
                              FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ you better put a ring on that friend! [66]
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎