X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

So I looked at the photos of the one for sale on y! that minomni linked a ways back:

No Rick embroidery here either.

He's gone truly logo-free! Wooooooo

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

This season another style of a leather jacket I saw at Barneys did not have it on the back, but rather a small one on a side. I know because I was puzzled being used to the logo, so I searched thoroughly!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The only problem with those unmarked Rick Owens jackets is that should you choose to resell them (and I would not!) you might have a tough time.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I was thinking about that too Faust whilst taking the train home today.

My clothing purchases are 90% cyclic but the RO jacket is one of the purchases that I think I'll be holding on to for a while. I'm removing a number of brands from my wardrobe (including Dior) and replacing them with more ageless lines such as CCP/Carpe/Rick.

I figured that RO doesn't command high prices on ebay anyways so if you wanted to sell them for decent prices it'd be on forums like here where people know what they see.

A moot point because this baby is staying with me! hahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• minomni
            • Oct 2006

congrats on the ro jacket albert - how much was it at a.?

Comment

• Tiger
              Banned
              • Sep 2006

Thanks Albert and congrats on your purchase!

Yeah, I'm loving my jacket every bit [:D]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Thanks (to the both of ya). It was $1350 at A after 40% off. Total was $1380 since I'm in Boston and it was FedExed next day. I get it quick and still pay less than if I walked into the store and bought it hehe.

Jun, I know this jacket is going to be a staple of my wardrobe as I'm sure it will be for you as well!

-A

Comment

• khiev
                  • Nov 2006

damn it Albert, should've checked up on SZ yesterday. I just emailed coldrice, and I hope it's not too late to get the twist denim in 46 or any other cool stuff. Will be waiting in anticipation till then. But congrats on your purchases, awesome stuff!!!

Comment

• deuxmille
                    • Nov 2006

I bought an Ann Sophie Back knit this afternoon. I really like it which is odd considering I don't like Ann Sophie usually...

Here's a crappy phone pic if anyone cares

Comment

• threerepute
                      • Sep 2006

looks like a cosby sweater.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]damn it Albert, should've checked up on SZ yesterday. I just emailed coldrice, and I hope it's not too late to get the twist denim in 46 or any other cool stuff. Will be waiting in anticipation till then. But congrats on your purchases, awesome stuff!!!
                        [/quote]

Haha, thanks! Don't worry... I only scored the size 48!

Comment

• khiev
                          • Nov 2006

great, coldrice just confirmed that he got me the one in 46. I asked him for the poell blazer as well, but hopefully they have it in size 46.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

great, coldrice just confirmed that he got me the one in 46. I asked him for the poell blazer as well, but hopefully they have it in size 46.

[/quote]

Oh man, we ALL got the twists! Funny how something so expensive and scarce can be acquired at just the right time eh?

**currently wearing my lovely new RO leather jacket.... even still smells like Atelier!**

By the way, the Rick Owens embroidery is still there. It's just very small and hidden in the black lining in the inside bottom left chest. I only found it because my fingers brushed against it by accident and it felt rougher than the rest of the fabric.

Comment

• goethe
                              • Oct 2006

what a fantastic jacket! such a great buy. hopefully for christmas i will be getting a very smiliar one... but the female version! (fingers crossed)

Comment

• cro426
                                • Dec 2006

I'm new to the site so I'm not sure which stores everyone is talking about. I know A in NYC but what store are you talking about? Other than A and Maxfields I don't know of any other stores that carry CCP or Julius.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎