• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="bakla"]

Gorgeous purchases, laika!

Went a little overboard lately considering I didn't want to buy anything... although I got a better value for my money than if I bought in Toronto:

APC epaulet shirt at 50% off (APC sale started today - whatta mob scene!)
    Raf Simons high-waisted skinny gabardine pants with self belt (Just delivered to the Seven store today from Raf and already discounted 35% off!)
    A gorgeous bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape wine
    2 Julius knit tops
    Alexander McQueen blush colored dress shirt
    And a (previously purchased the other week) Dior cropped pea coat.
    and quite possibly in the next couple of days, a complete new Mac desktop system.

My credit card is whimpering.

[/quote]

Where did you find Julius?

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]

Where did you find Julius?

[/quote]

Sorry, nowhere local. A friend in Japan went to their flagship store for me after I mentioned to her that I liked some of the pieces.

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I have those in jet-black worsted wool. Good buy, it's one of his signature pieces, and they look really really well on the body.[Y]

On another note, I can't believe retailers are still putting up with Raf's delivery schedule. I know A was planning to drop him because of that, but I guess they decided not to.

[/quote]

I tried them on with the wool but since they were so skinny, they were too close to my legs and were subsequently itchy. Where did you get yours, faust? I suggest everyone purchase Raf from Seven if you can, as they don't begin with a higher markup to begin with.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Faust"]I have those in jet-black worsted wool. Good buy, it's one of his signature pieces, and they look really really well on the body.[Y]

On another note, I can't believe retailers are still putting up with Raf's delivery schedule. I know A was planning to drop him because of that, but I guess they decided not to.

[/quote]

I tried them on with the wool but since they were so skinny, they were too close to my legs and were subsequently itchy. Where did you get yours, faust? I suggest everyone purchase Raf from Seven if you can, as they don't begin with a higher markup to begin with.

[/quote]

I was just at Seven actually, killing time while waiting for Mrs. Faust to get off work, and now that I looked, I think we got different pants. Do yours have a bit of an intricate waist and the belt is half belt that's only in the front? I got mine at Jeffrey a year ago in the spring... which was a little weird, because they are wool, but very light grade wool and worsted (really high quality) so not itchy at all. They are simple slim dress pants that he does every season - it's the self-belt that threw me off.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

I'm a little late, but as everyone else said, fantastic stuff Laika, I demand more pics in the WAYWT thread!

Sometimes I'm jealous of women's options. I was trying to think of a male equivalent to that Junya skirt, but nothing could work like that in menswear. The skirt presents so many possibilities (lengtht, drape, layers etc.) that you just can't do with pants. If you did patched together shreds of fabric to make pants, they would just look like hippy pants[:P]

music

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

carpe diem lace ups from ebay.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

I'm a little late, but as everyone else said, fantastic stuff Laika, I demand more pics in the WAYWT thread!

Sometimes I'm jealous of women's options. I was trying to think of a male equivalent to that Junya skirt, but nothing could work like that in menswear. The skirt presents so many possibilities (lengtht, drape, layers etc.) that you just can't do with pants. If you did patched together shreds of fabric to make pants, they would just look like hippy pants[:P]

[/quote]

'Tis true. It's especially evident in Junya's work, who lately has been doing same themes for both men's and women's, and his menswear just pales in comparison.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I was just at Seven actually, killing time while waiting for Mrs. Faust to get off work, and now that I looked, I think we got different pants. Do yours have a bit of an intricate waist and the belt is half belt that's only in the front? I got mine at Jeffrey a year ago in the spring... which was a little weird, because they are wool, but very light grade wool and worsted (really high quality) so not itchy at all. They are simple slim dress pants that he does every season - it's the self-belt that threw me off.

[/quote]

Yes, mine are the high-waisted, multi-flapped construction, elastic-in-the-back, self-belt-in-the-front, suiting material, skinny pants from this season. Raf's sizing is a little more true to form this year - or maybe I'm just not as fat![;)] Atelier had the same pants but in wool (Seven has both) but I will now defer to Seven first because they've been so incredibly reasonable regarding pricing. I would buy labels from them first before anyone else, if possible, as their full-price items are lower than anyone else in the city, so subsequently, their sale prices are lower as well.

Comment

• nairb49
                    • Dec 2006

ddohnggo- you've picked up some nice items recently, we should do tradesies!

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Bakla, the shape of those is perfect. Have fun getting them dirty. [:D]

A little schizo with my shopping lately [:S] I've now completely bewilidered myself.

TAO CDG Shawl, in charcoal grey.

Junya skirt. NOT this one, unfortunately, but quite similar, and much less expensive.

Both on very good sale, of course. [:$]

[/quote]

I don't have much to add except that those look just great, I really like what Tao is doing at CDG, I never thought I'd see someone bridging the gap between quirky cute and conceptually stark in the same pieces....

Today I purchased:

-Cloak selvedge stripped black jeans (like those Minomni has but darker). I assume the store had those left in size 30because you have to be very skinny to fit those in the leg, i'd say the waist is relaxed on me but the leg is VERY slim. A guy with slightly bigger legs would either not be able to fit them or look like they're wearing denim leggings.

-Engineered garment brown jeans jacket(material is more like canvas). I love EG and this piece is no exception, it looks so boring when it's on the rack (which is why they had plenty left)but makes such an awesome layering piece when worn with the right pieces (in this case more EG).

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Tiger
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2006

Here areall theitemsthat I've purchased this month alone just for myself... All were sale items except the last one.

Number (N)ine

Rick Owens

Ann Demeulemeester

Les Hommes

Cloak

Raf Simons

Marsell

Number (N)ine

And last, but not least...

Blackjack by Samsung [:P]

Comment

• onemancult
                          • Dec 2006

Great stuff.

I was going to pick up that Cloak cardigan, but I'm not sure how I feel about that oversized houndstooth pattern on the abdomen...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Nice haul, Jun!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

Seriously, Jun. Impressive. Love the knits.
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

I don't have much to add except that those look just great, I really like what Tao is doing at CDG, I never thought I'd see someone bridging the gap between quirky cute and conceptually stark in the same pieces....

Today I purchased:

-Cloak selvedge stripped black jeans (like those Minomni has but darker). I assume the store had those left in size 30because you have to be very skinny to fit those in the leg, i'd say the waist is relaxed on me but the leg is VERY slim. A guy with slightly bigger legs would either not be able to fit them or look like they're wearing denim leggings.

-Engineered garment brown jeans jacket(material is more like canvas). I love EG and this piece is no exception, it looks so boring when it's on the rack (which is why they had plenty left)but makes such an awesome layering piece when worn with the right pieces (in this case more EG).

[/quote]

hey fuuma, where did you get the cloak jeans from? how much were they if you don't mind me asking.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎