X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • airboyair
    • Oct 2006

Re: recent purchases

RO brown tank and black sleeveless tee (hello global warming!)
    Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"][quote user="inaya"]

[/quote]

[N] no, really.. i have to wonder what goes through a person's mind as they commit to that purchase.

not a diss or anything, i honestly want to know.

[/quote]

I think the big Margiela shoulders looked super good in the show and on one Vogue editor that isn't as lame as the one from the US.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• inaya
        • Apr 2008

[quote user="merz"]

[N] no, really.. i have to wonder what goes through a person's mind as they commit to that purchase.

not a diss or anything, i honestly want to know.[/quote]

Well, what goes through my mind is... I love the idea of distorting and pushing the boundaries of the standard female silhouette and I particularly like Margiela's take on it with expanding the shoulders. Taste in clothing is so subjective, I don't really see the point of challenging anyone's motives for purchasing something... you either like something or you don't, it's as simple as that.

secondly, it's really versatile... I could wear it with anything ranging from baggy pair of YY suspender pants with boots, all the way to a tight pancil skirt with heels. It's just a beautiful piece, imo.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="inaya"][quote user="merz"]

not a diss or anything, i honestly want to know.[/quote]

Well, what goes through my mind is... I love the idea of distorting and pushing the boundaries of the standard female silhouette and I particularly like Margiela's take on it with expanding the shoulders. Taste in clothing is so subjective, I don't really see the point of challenging anyone's motives for purchasing something... you either like something or you don't, it's as simple as that.

secondly, it's really versatile... I could wear it with anything ranging from baggy pair of YY suspender pants with boots, all the way to a tight pancil skirt with heels. It's just a beautiful piece, imo.

[/quote]

that actually sounds good, would love to see that. [Y] Inaya, but what would you do if it's an emergency and you have to go to the bathroom?! [72]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• inaya
            • Apr 2008

^ thanks [51]

[quote user="Faust"]

Inaya, but what would you do if it's an emergency and you have to go to the bathroom?! [72]

[/quote] [86] there are buttons on the crotches of bodysuits.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ aaah, that makes sense. [86] Margiela ~~~+++ intelligent designer.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

[quote user="wire.artist"] so I don't know why someone who has showed some personality have to be treated this way...a new member....a female member..
                [/quote]

oh please. I seldom contribute anything in the way of criticism and all such things are implied to be little other than my personal opinion. that said, this isn't some illusory judgment-free zone filled with fluffy clouds. I didn't have much appreciation for that particular collection of margiela's and wondered at the time whether i would ever see anybody actually wearing it. Proportion play is awesome but i found just about that entire collection a bit silly and, after that brilliant labia-baring number, about as unwearable as anything could be. Though i am in a way glad to be proven wrong, i'd appreciate it if you chose to question on tastes rather than my character and conduct.

ps: I fucking hate RO sneakers.

[/quote]

Aaaahahahaha, i totally forgot about that hilarious runway "piece" until just now

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]In adittion, hardly anyone can pull the RO sneakers off, but always is blessed on this thread...
                  [/quote]

that's because they won the poll not only against themselves, but against raf simons himself.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

the bodysuit is amazing and i wanted it too!!! [:'(][86]
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• justine
                      • Jan 2007

Personally, I love that MMM piece she got. And I can't wait to see what she does with it in the WAYWT thread.

Comment

• iSuck
                        • Mar 2008

new haircut

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

^ i love it. you remind me of Tintin for some reason. [73]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• thejjbb
                            • Apr 2008

So wait, was that model not wearing any underwear? She was just flashing some labia on the runway? I actually kinda like the piece but damn, get her to cover up with some M.A+ or something...

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="thejjbb"]So wait, was that model not wearing any underwear? She was just flashing some labia on the runway? I actually kinda like the piece but damn, get her to cover up with some M.A+ or something...
                              [/quote]

[87] [87] [87] that would be awesome. I would love a pair.

I really like the bodysuit. although surprisingly i don't wear body suits out of my dance classes. the constriction is too much for me...[72] but i do like the piece and think it is great to pair with other things as inaya said. [51]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• mesh
                                • Dec 2006

Bodysuit is atrocious, i like ro sneaks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎