X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mabac011 View Post
    hm. i wouldnt buy from anyone with 0 feedback. atleast not with that kinda money
    Well hope to get that covered by paypal.

Edit: wait... when I look closely the black fabric bent over the top of the tounge looks kinda wired, and well, the zipper looks a bit short.

Comment

• ironman
      • Apr 2008

i have some old pics showing two signs of fakes. top is real, bottom is fake

the stitching should go past the side zip

the little stitch box shouldn't be touching the other stitch lines

also, i believe the size of the RO high-tops are on the leather flap behind the zipper? check these things when it arrives

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

I have checked some of these stuff out now on his pictures. most of the things is there, the square-stitch and so on, but they also feels a bit off, and so does the zipper, but the photos is shot in angles that makes some stuff hard to notice.

And yes, there should be a sizingprint insede the zipper.

Comment

• bc3
          • Jun 2008

ive had a pair with the size imprint on the zipper leather thing, and one pair without it

i just remember looking at that auction and having a funny feeling before even recognizing the 0 feedback
          Originally posted by Maldoror
          payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

Comparing these two photos, they do seem a bit 'off', the leather seams to be the most obvious that is throwing it off...the seller did not seem to mention anywhere in the listing that the shoes were authentic?

I just took a quick look at mine, this tag on the back seems to be a give away..
            for one the pull on mine is more of a matte cotton than a shiny ribbon, also it is not double stitched in white on the lower part, there is also about 1 cm gap between the pull tab and the rick logo on mine, which I don't see here...
            Last edited by andrewislasorad; 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

Well he said that they where Rick Owens and that they would come in the Rick Owens box, and I take that as he meant that they where authentic.

I have emailed him and hope to get an answer as soon as possible. Paypal claim is the next option.

Comment

• random
                • Dec 2007

these seem off to me, b. def check carefully and get youself protected. it is a shame that there are tons of fake RO sneakers on the bay nowadays. be careful.
                I don't exist.

Comment

• grapz
                  • Sep 2008

I highly doubt paypal will do nething about it, seller is protected as long as he does everything correctly. I think only thing thats possible to do is if you used a credit card and get a chargeback

also check this site

On the 'most wanted' list of many guys this year are these leather hi-tops from Rick Owens' spring/summer 2008 collection. However, the $1,...

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

Hope that he answers. And also, the item is not as described, and that could help in a claim.

And I've checked there before. I already have a real pair, and bought these in a bit of a hurry, when I saw them in my size. And at first glance they looked legit, hadn't though of it befoe BC3 mentioned it. Now I'm sure they are fakes, cause the toung seems to be "loose" in the shoe, which it isn't on the real ones.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

ask him what kind of zipper it is. if he says Super RY they should LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

looks sketchy to me...

-

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

the shape is too... normal I guess the word would be.

The Malcolm Gladwell described initial instinct would have me say that it's spurious unfortunately.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

thanks to a fellow SZer:

the piece that I handled in Paris, dreamed about, justmissed on yoox is now to be mine :)

If you see a puffy coat wearing asian with slim pants/jeans and some CCP boots in the Boston/NY area around Xmas/new years it could very well be me hahahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• random
                              • Dec 2007

congrats albert! haha, you never know what might happen when you mention some WTB's on sz.
                              I don't exist.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

I know right?

I may have to post up the black or white Karmann Ghia i'm looking for on there now... ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎