• hommedeguerre
    • Jun 2009

a.s.
    Le 21ème

Comment

• Pinoy
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
      arrived at the start of this week, just in time for the 35 degree weather:
      good pickup damien. also good to see you using quality hangers even for tees. i hate when i see CCP, ma+, etc hanging on wire hangers!

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

yeah I can't stand the shoulder stretching and such you get if you use wire hangers on lame basics. btw did your jut arrive yet D? hope it worked out for you man.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

Isn't it better to just fold tshirt and sweaters? You should use wider hangers anyway, those will leave marks on soft fabrics after a while. They should be fine for coats and jackets, but not ideal, and perfect for dress shirts

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
            I use pretty solid metal hangers, but they are not that thick. Should I replace them?

For outerwear and blazers, yes.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rowan_Oliver
              • Nov 2009

Kris van assche blazer!!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Rowan_Oliver View Post
                Kris van assche blazer!!
                Kill me now!!

As for the hangers, best to just invest in a full set of wood hangers with the extra round/wide shoulder hangers for suits/jackets/outerwear to maintain shape on pieces that have shoulder pads/sculpted shoulders.

They aren't too expensive really either... a set of 6 from ikea is like $5 or something like that.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

the same that albert suggested imo, I use basic wood hangers for everything. wider ones for just blazers. super stretchty or heavy knit wear might get marks from the corner, so its better to fold, but most things will work fine on these.

4.50 for an 8-pack at ikea

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
                    good pickup damien. also good to see you using quality hangers even for tees. i hate when i see CCP, ma+, etc hanging on wire hangers!
                    Carol himself uses wirehangers

some have plastic covers though
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• I put my rick owens merino knits on velcro.

Comment

• RADO
                        • Nov 2007

The best hangers would be those brands use for their own clothes with wider surface than the wooden ones you can get at IKEA or spend a fortune on good ones which are pretty heavy so adding more weight.
                        I always go to the shops where I buy my clothes and ask for them. They will be pleased to give them to you instead of throw them away.

Comment

• Tia
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

BBS + MA+ gloves(but no pic) from daad milano

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                            I thought that the garments would just hang even more at the shoulders when the hangers point down? The human body does not have shoulders like that. I´m just curious to know.
                            the hangers turn down so that they don't have a sharp corner which would create a poke in the garment. they still might on really soft or heavy pieces, though. theres probably not a major difference to the metal ones, though.

Originally posted by RADO View Post
                            The best hangers would be those brands use for their own clothes with wider surface than the wooden ones you can get at IKEA or spend a fortune on good ones which are pretty heavy so adding more weight.
                            I've gotten my wider hangers from Ikea as well, something like this:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Tia
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2009

marsèll form yoox

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/MARS%C...J/sts/sr_men80

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                                Kill me now!!

As for the hangers, best to just invest in a full set of wood hangers with the extra round/wide shoulder hangers for suits/jackets/outerwear to maintain shape on pieces that have shoulder pads/sculpted shoulders.

They aren't too expensive really either... a set of 6 from ikea is like $5 or something like that.
                                yep, that's where i get my hangers.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎