Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

I'm sorry to hear about that Mike, that's tragic. I had an overcoat stolen years back and it's just so depressing.

With regards to all the lost item posts, it hits on something interesting. The vast majority of people are honest, and there's a good chance that something you lose will be returned. Something that gets stolen is gone. I find this, and related things like "Asking someone to watch your laptop is almost always a safe bet. If someone offers to watch your laptop, your odds are much lower" to be quite fun because they don't hit on human nature so much as the way chance works, and they're counterintuitive to many. Basically, if you don't self-select for dishonest people, you're almost always going to have an interaction with an honest person. Clearly, everyone recalls the opposite case with some frequency, which has a lot to do with how humans evaluate risk.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Stack
      • Jan 2008

good to see we both encountered some very honest people, Fade.

when mine was stolen i had a real strong sense of karma coming around because when i was a teen i was a huge clepto and often stole bags and phones from nightclubs *awaits the slap on the wrist* so i whole-heartedly expected this to be a taste of my own medicine. when it turned up, i was blown away and immediately felt awful for everything i'd stolen in my time (the most expensive of which was a chick's macbook).

the second that i had my wallet back in my hands, i vowed to never steal again.

theetruscan: i've never thought of it like that, that's really interesting, though i'm sure i'd still be pretty apprehensive about asking somebody to watch my laptop!
      once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• Stack
        • Jan 2008

good to see we both encountered some very honest people, Fade.

when mine was stolen i had a real strong sense of karma coming around because when i was a teen i was a huge clepto and often stole bags and phones from nightclubs *awaits the slap on the wrist* so i whole-heartedly expected this to be a taste of my own medicine. when it turned up, i was blown away and immediately felt awful for everything i'd stolen in my time (the most expensive of which was a chick's macbook).

the second that i had my wallet back in my hands, i vowed to never steal again.

theetruscan: i've never thought of it like that, that's really interesting, though i'm sure i'd still be pretty apprehensive about asking somebody to watch my laptop!
        once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Damn Mike, that's so lame. Is this a well populated place??

Maison Martin Margiela white pants :

Helmut Lang (vintage) grey slacks:

Stephen Schneider Grey pants:
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

Hope it turns up Mike, if not at least you're in for some good karma.

Comment

• tomatous
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Mike, im very sorry to hear.. that sucks.

These just came in.

very happy :)

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Heh, I'm glad I decided at the last second not to bid on those.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• tomatous
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

me too :) I took that picture with flash, they are a lot darker in person.

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                  Heh, I'm glad I decided at the last second not to bid on those.

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

Nice one , those are actually beautiful in person. A deep burgundy red. and def more versatile IRL. Do these really fit as a 12?

Comment

• tomatous
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

My pair has color variation throughout, the back is much darker than the toe area, with some interesting dying on the shaft. Depending on what light I look at them in seems to change the appearance drastically. The distressing caused by the dye is truly beautiful. My foot is between a 12-12.5. These fit perfectly.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Holy shit. I just got a call that the manager of the bar has my coat, with my keys still in the pocket! Apparently last night some girl "accidentally" took it home with her when she was drunk!

I really thought it was lost forever because last night a group of people left the bar without paying their SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLAR bar tab. They were causing trouble before they left also, and I figured they might've just snatched a coat just to do it.

I'm so relieved! Good things really do happen to bad people!!!

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

Mike, your ending was happy. Warms my heart.

Originally posted by tomatous View Post

These just came in.

Wow wow wow, so beautiful.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• huckleberry
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by tomatous View Post

These just came in.

The pictures on ebay were really off putting, feel like I missed out, glad someone on here got them though, great price too!

Comment

• tomatous
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

I'm glad you got your jacket back Mike!

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
                              The pictures on ebay were really off putting, feel like I missed out, glad someone on here got them though, great price too!

Thanks guys,
                              I had to bargain with him, but I got a pretty good deal.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                                I really thought it was lost forever because last night a group of people left the bar without paying their SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLAR bar tab. They were causing trouble before they left also, and I figured they might've just snatched a coat just to do it.
                                That is one hell of a tab to run out on. What kind of club were you djing at?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎