X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

In NYC, where no one gives a shit about Stone Island, unlike in football crazed Europe (and South Korea. What is the deal with South Korea and Stone Island? Can someone enlighten me?). I flung them all on Ebay to English hooligans. Didn't think it was SZ material, so never posted in classifieds.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      In NYC, where no one gives a shit about Stone Island, unlike in football crazed Europe (and South Korea. What is the deal with South Korea and Stone Island? Can someone enlighten me?). I flung them all on Ebay to English hooligans. Didn't think it was SZ material, so never posted in classifieds.
      I did remember seeing you with a few of them..........didn't even know they were so "desirable"...
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• seenmy
        • May 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
        faust, where the fuck did you get five of these??

also, my friend gave it to me, i think he's an intern or something for aitor.
        you sure?I dont think that is the case.

I always wanted the black version of this more,was to late ordering it and never ended up with it.

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Agreed Faust - being a londoner, you do see a lot of stone island around.
          I think the obsession lies in the fact that it has a very noticeable brand label on the arm - and some people like to show they are wearing a designer brand - very similar to the popularity of ralph lauren (polo horse) and burberry with their classic burberry tartan check (which also gets a bad rep in the UK).
          Most designers that appear on SZ do not have any external branding (bar maybe MA+ - but a small silver cross hardly counts.....) and only people who 'know' the brand would know what it is. Nobody would know you where wearing LUC, PH, individual sentiments, CCP etc etc unless they knew the intricate design features that make it what it is........and that for me, makes it special....after all, I do not want to be an advertising board for a designer - and I personally believe the label should be on the inside of the garment.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Last edited by eton97; 08-20-2010, 01:48 PM.
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

i met massimo osti once - pretty cool dude i thought and they actually do some awesome work with developing materials and dying techniques inhouse. (would never wear the stuff myself though and that arm badge certainly doesn't make it more appealing.) i can see why aitor does a colab with them though, him being sort of ergonomics/sportswear-focused as far as i can tell...

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

eckblk - i think its a great looking jacket. leather looks very nice.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• miserableman
                • Dec 2009

what's wrong with the zipper exactly?

Comment

• eckblk
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                  eckblk - i think its a great looking jacket. leather looks very nice.
                  Thks!

Originally posted by miserableman View Post
                  what's wrong with the zipper exactly?
                  It just feels clumsy, really a pain to put the two pieces together at the bottom. Once, it is zipped it's fine. IDK, maybe I'm just being a bit picky.

the manager @ the RO store said the zippers do break in- I really don't know how true this is.
                  Last edited by eckblk; 08-21-2010, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• eckblk
                    • Mar 2010

[QUOTE=Eternal;255937]eckblk, nice jacket. Pretty sick that your first leather jacket is from Rick. If I never had a leather before, I would not pay that much for my first one.

^^ nice haul yourself.

Not my first leather but, first sz/next level leather.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

sometimes rubbing a bit of candle wax on a zipper helps it glide better, don't know if that solves your problem though...

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
                      It just feels clumsy, really a pain to put the two pieces together at the bottom.

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        sometimes rubbing a bit of candle wax on a zipper helps it glide better, don't know if that solves your problem though...
                        Was just chatting with eckblk. I have exactly the same prob with my rick leather zipper....thanks for the advice - I will give the wax a try!
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          i met massimo osti once - pretty cool dude i thought and they actually do some awesome work with developing materials and dying techniques inhouse. (would never wear the stuff myself though and that arm badge certainly doesn't make it more appealing.) i can see why aitor does a colab with them though, him being sort of ergonomics/sportswear-focused as far as i can tell...
                          completely agree. i actually had a nice c.p.company mille miglia once, but sold it. too many jackets - if i don't wear them, they must go.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cuddly
                            • Sep 2007

baby oil also

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                            Was just chatting with eckblk. I have exactly the same prob with my rick leather zipper....thanks for the advice - I will give the wax a try!

Comment

• CUTUP
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by chameleon View Post

yeah, I think a lot of member share your sentiment against prints too and I fully understand that. There are many things I like about this suit that I won't dwelve into. I initially didn't plan on posting it here, partly because of those reasons, but then I thought that there might be some forum members who have some interest in seeing what it looks like outside of the runway, personal preferences aside.
                              Thank you for doing so. I would be interested to hear what drove you to it and what made you keep it.

I am glad you posted regardless of what people may have thought, it keeps things interesting and allows for better commentary
                              Originally posted by marco-von
                              this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Eternal

if that were my m.a+ leather i would just leave it sitting out so that i could look at it and smile all the time.

eckblk - don't worry about the zipper, it will break in. i wouldn't put oil or wax near my leather but i know the pencil lead thing works. but not necessary...
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎