• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mizzar View Post
    2beardown: All the fake rick basics i seen (they sold on some of the markets in Kiev) had very particular flaws that you can see even on photos. I mean not grainy print on labels, no sticker with art. etc.
    The basic on Zorngiebel's photos are not so basic, it's knited, and even if market is flooded with fake rick, you almost always can check what was on tao and if it's not there-there is a good chance it's legit.
    And there is one more secret, all the fake rick is shorter then original (made by chinese), not ma+ short, but if rick go past my knee, the fakes don't go lower then back pockets of my jeans.
    P.S. You found the one seller where most new RO and Gareth Pugh fakes surface. So it's always a good idea to use internet for checking up.
    I think you're missing my point in the bigger picture. I'm saying that the market is at the point where you genuinely cannot be 100% certain about the legitimacy of most Rick stuff if it's purchased outside of the retail environment.

To suggest that 'all the fake rick is shorter than original' isn't really accurate. It's like assuming that every fake rick piece is made in one single factory by the same people and we know that's not true.

I'm just saying it's a huge issue of buyer beware because with basics, it really isn't that hard to knock them off. It's a simple matter of buying an original, taking the seams apart and creating a pattern. If you're buying used or on Ebay, after the literal flood of fakes that the guy in Canada was selling (and who knows what is going on in other countries, other selling sites) you're probably not going to know it's fake until after you're holding it in your hands.

I am not talking about any specific piece listed here. I am speaking generally in terms of used rick. People need to now that the floodgates broke a while ago and the market is, indeed, flooded with fakes.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mizzar
      • Mar 2008

You are absolutely right, except one generalization.
      From my knowledge (it was a project of mine to compare fakes and originals not so long ago) there only 3-4 places from where fake RO, DD, and Julius originates: a few sellers in China, that Canada guy (he had some not from china fakes) and some korean guys. That's it if we are talking about something you actually can not say is fake from photos.
      And the fakes are now more and more detailed, they have RY zippers, names of seasons, tags, even placements of inner pockets. From the look of the basics the only thing that helps identify fakes is not enough grain on label. And they can always just send you the photos or the real one. So yes, no defense from fakes, sadly.

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      I think you're missing my point in the bigger picture. I'm saying that the market is at the point where you genuinely cannot be 100% certain about the legitimacy of most Rick stuff if it's purchased outside of the retail environment.

To suggest that 'all the fake rick is shorter than original' isn't really accurate. It's like assuming that every fake rick piece is made in one single factory by the same people and we know that's not true.

I'm just saying it's a huge issue of buyer beware because with basics, it really isn't that hard to knock them off. It's a simple matter of buying an original, taking the seams apart and creating a pattern. If you're buying used or on Ebay, after the literal flood of fakes that the guy in Canada was selling (and who knows what is going on in other countries, other selling sites) you're probably not going to know it's fake until after you're holding it in your hands.

I am not talking about any specific piece listed here. I am speaking generally in terms of used rick. People need to now that the floodgates broke a while ago and the market is, indeed, flooded with fakes.
      ____
      sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• (((o
        • May 2009

Could use a little help from people with a bit more insight with garments from Ann Demeulemeester.

Do this tag look legit:

Seller claims the pants are from 2009.

These are the pants in question:
        Last edited by (((o; 01-12-2012, 07:00 AM.
        i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Of course the trousers are legit, why wouldn't they be?

However they're definitely not from 2009 but rather from around 1999-2001.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• (((o
            • May 2009

Just thought It's better to be safe than sorry. hence the question here.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Seemed like a reasonable question to me.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

I'm sorry for sounding arrogant. I agree, better safe than sorry.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• (((o
                  • May 2009

No worries. Thanks for the confirmation though.

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

What do you think of this guy selling DD tops?
                    I guess they are fakes (mighty Canada) but I am not a DD expert so...
                    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

I believe that's the same guy that was selling massive amounts of fake Rick. One of the ways you can tell is he's famous for, 'choose your size' after you win the auction.

That's my 2 cents. Someone else may disagree but the layout, wording, presentation is the same as the fake Rick lot that we saw last year.
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Yes i remember him, it is indeed the same style.
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• gavagai
                          • May 2010

Definitely the same person. They have multiple accounts.

Always out of Quebec.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                            Definitely the same person. They have multiple accounts.

Always out of Quebec.
                            Can't trust the Quebec'rs.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Johngd
                              • Feb 2009

Have been afraid of ordering Doma on ebay because of so many fake tees.
                              What about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230736047966...84.m1426.l2649

Looks good for me

Comment

• Oasis
                                • Apr 2011

That DD is legit.
                                Originally posted by christianef
                                u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰