Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theconsumer
    • Feb 2009

Careful: there was a complaint that the seller of scuba below was selling fakes

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...ake#post348887

Never seen a blistered scuba fake before, but this one seems suspicious. Texture of the leather and RO embroidery and fabric near look strange to me. Opinions ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=150751801755
    Last edited by theconsumer; 02-10-2012, 02:53 AM. Reason: better wording and link to report

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

If someone has been 'reported' for selling anything fake, please provide the link to the post so it can be properly discussed. Otherwise, let's not randomly make claims that someone is dealing in fakes. That's a pretty serious accusation to post when you're not even sure of the brand.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

I've bought from EgoComplex before too and it was NOT fake. About 2 years ago he had a serious serious Japanese connection and was selling Julius stuff that blew my mind. It took like 4 months to receive my items, but when they arrived, they were 100% authentic items with tags, still packed and never used. Good product in the end......

As for pre-sales, I paid for the Julius pre-sale and then it got cancelled.....but it was only $10, so who cares?

I get updates from the seller by email about once a week and even have the new L&F presale item list now.

I don't think the guy sells fake stuff. Never seen anything fake from him yet on my end.

Comment

• theconsumer
          • Feb 2009

"This seller" meaning, the seller selling the scuba, not egocomplex. Something about that scuba just felt strange to me and I remembered the complaint Dawn made. Interpretation of my post as referering to egocomplex question simply didn't cross my mind, although I now see it's possible.

Agreed that we need to be very careful here, even ambiguities can have serious consequences.
          Last edited by theconsumer; 02-10-2012, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

Got it. There are 4 entries above your post inquiring about the legitimacy of a seller who has a shop. Before the edit, it sounded like you were adding to the ongoing discussion. Crystal clear now.

Comment

• olethomas
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
              Can we take collective action on these guys?

1. Go to an item they are selling.
              2. Click "Report Item"
              3. "copyright and trademark"
              4. "counterfeit item or authenticity"
              5. "counterfeit, fake, or replica"
              6. Send report.
              is this still an issue? number1couture1 changed his name to paperclothing, is it the same guy? he has lots of nice clothes and i was THIS close buying a ro shirt from him just couple of hours ago! is he still selling fake clothing?

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Why would he stop? It has clearly proven to be a very successful venture

Every once in a while he does sell authentic pieces (usually heavier stuff, such as jackets) but I think no one should support him.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• olethomas
                  • Dec 2010

thanks! just needed to confirm this. think another auction of a t-shirt im interested in goes out in a few hours now! haha. but yeah, thanks!

Comment

• ACM
                    • Jan 2011

A while back I bought a rick tee from number1couture1 (this was before his name started popping up in the legit checks) and I believe it to be authentic, or a freakishly good fake. I agree with not supporting him any further though

Comment

• ACM
                      • Jan 2011

Also there are a bunch of these popping up on ebay too, out of canada....

Comment

• Umami
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by acm100 View Post
                        Also there are a bunch of these popping up on ebay too, out of canada....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBSCUR-WASHE...ht_2320wt_1104
                        looks pretty fake to me

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Umami View Post
                          looks pretty fake to me
                          I'm pretty sure they do custom leather jackets / knock off designers iirc
                          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Zenith
                            • Jun 2009

So random trying to sell obscur knock offs. I can't imagine the market for it.

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

They used to list Julius and Rick knock offs but they kept getting reports. I guess obscur is small enough to where people aren't really reporting them. Bt they're horribly done, made in Pakistan and they're the same people that tried to knock off a CCP fencing that ended up looking like a pleather puffer jacket.

Comment

• oskar
                                • Mar 2008

i have tried to report these horrible knock offs a few times but ebay don't seem to listen ...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎