Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deuce
    • Jun 2012

would you say the tag looks authentic though?
    any definitive answer on the leather type would be great too...

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Looks authentic to me, I'm not a label-pro though.

Most of the men's leathers this fall used the LT code...some added a Q for a quilted lining. This link says it's oiled calf: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men...-10232809.aspx

When you decide it's fake and too big and you hate it I will take it off your hands at a ridiculous discount. ;)

ps - did you mean RY zippers?
      Last edited by Dane; 10-26-2012, 02:20 PM.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• wurm
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK
        Legit totally.
        I actually laughed out loud at this.

Comment

• sshum88
          • Dec 2007

Well did you picked this up from a legit source? And did RO go back to a S/M/L sizing system instead of the EU system that he used last year? And as another poster has mentioned, do you mean zippers with the RY symbol?

If it's a sample with no composition stated on the tags, then why did it come with the cardboard tags from FW09? Doesn't make sense to add the cardboard tags for a sample.

Ever get the feeling that sometimes this forum is being used to help validate fakes while the item is being posted elsewhere for sale / trade?
          Originally posted by Deuce View Post
          would you say the tag looks authentic though?...Jacket has full RiRi zippers
          Last edited by sshum88; 10-26-2012, 10:00 PM.
          Originally posted by eat me
          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

^ he said it's from 09.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• upsilonkng
              • May 2010

already told him it's fake as fuck but he doesn't want to believe me. I've had no less than 4 maybe 5 leathers from Crust and none of them looked like that and the ones from 08/07 that don't have the composition on it are shorter and don't have space this is almost 100% fake. Feel free to chime in.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

maybe a prototype that didn't make it to full production? Dunno...trying to throw the guy a bone here, he probably paid a decent sum for it.

I will say that, aside from the missing composition, the tag looks identical to the one in my jacket, including the spacing and smaller "s" next to ITA, and the embroidered logo is spot on...so if it is a fake, it's a pretty good one based on those details.

maybe a shot of the actual jacket? and zipper? what are the other obvious signs (aside from seeing in person)?

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

feels that way because its a piece of shit

Originally posted by kukuku View Post
                  Do you think this jacket legit? http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/515146/null

I got if from a trade but feels cheap and faux leather

Comment

• Deuce
                    • Jun 2012

The cardboard tags say Crust 09, but these can be easily attached and removed from one jacket to another - so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. I could attach Dior Homme tags to it, so that point is kind of irrelevant.
                    Maybe you're right, and items from Crust 09 do not have those inside labels... but maybe the item isn't from Crust?

The only reason I have to believe it's fake is because of Upsilonkng, which is why I've decided to ask on here for 100% confirmation.
                    I have no other reason to believe it's fake.. the quality alone is superb, tags are as they should be (just missing some info).

Here is the zipper;

Close up of leather;

Comment

• miserableman
                      • Dec 2009

Other than the missing composition and instructions on the tag, I'm interested to know why some people think it's fake?

Need to see more pics of the actual jacket but from the close ups posted, nothing looks wrong to me. The label is 100% identical to that of a genuine item from CRUST /09, all fonts, thickness, spacing, everything, perfect. Inside stitching looks fine as well.

Fake RO labels have obvious differences:

Also, I'm 90% sure I've had rick items in the past that have had missing composition/instructions on the tag, but can't remember what or when.

How come there's a plastic tag on the zipper though?

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                      .. but maybe the item isn't from Crust?
                      RU 4768 is from Crust. The first part of the code changes depending on the season, this season's new bauhaus is RU 9768, SS10 bauhaus RU 1768. Not sure of the logic to it.... AW09 Mollino 4762, SS10 Mollino 1762, AW10 Mollino 6762, AW12 Mollino 9762 etc
                      Last edited by miserableman; 10-27-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Deuce
                        • Jun 2012

the plastic tag on the zipper was used to attach the cardboard tags, to keep them with the jacket

Comment

• mattizzle
                          • Oct 2011

it is def fake just by looking at the tag lol
                          Edit: ops sorry maybe not, was looking at miserableman pictures

Comment

• kukuku
                            • Oct 2009

Yeah, so is this typical to even legit givenchy? I don't have it anymore btw

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            feels that way because its a piece of shit

Comment

• The-Arm
                              • Jul 2012

Fake yes?

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

^^Not fake at all. Why would you even ask. Seller is 100%, tags are there, tag is stitched in correctly, and the spine ribs are sewn in. Just about everything legit on the planet from this perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎