• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
    It's hard to imagine that someone would knock something like

this

off but wouldn't bother with a fake bag.
    What the actual fuck. I guess I've fallen behind on the fakes.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

I'll most likely remove this after people have a chance to see it but in terms of labeling and tags, this is fake as fuck but it looks somewhat legitimate (looking specifically at the tags/labels in the views they are presented).

here.

Don't even get me started on the Givenchy Rottweiler shirts because those things are all over the place for $35.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Some of these fakes are impressive, especially the body armor that was posted. Seems like they could do just fine making original stuff if they wanted to. Are fake bulletproof vests really so lucrative?

Comment

• nahneun
          • Feb 2011

gangs probably benefit from it (5)

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
            Some of these fakes are impressive, especially the body armor that was posted. Seems like they could do just fine making original stuff if they wanted to. Are fake bulletproof vests really so lucrative?
            This brings up the point of the vision of the designer and intellectual rights. It's not that hard to steal something and recreate it as it exists; the challenge and the value is the concept and the original execution.

Plus, the name a designer establishes after years of creating a vision and specific pieces. There's value in all of that stuff where the value of a garment itself, stripped down of the label and designer and original concept, is much, much less.

I think the same applies to music, art and those things where the vision is as valuable as the product.

Take Zam...he could probably recreate any garment he'd want to where stripped of labels, it might be tough to tell them apart. But he's focused on original creation and concepts because that's where the magic and passion is.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

I hope I didn't imply that these dudes could just break into fashion week and start charging $2k for a coat like Demeulemeester et al. Just that the pictures suggest a level of quality that could probably sell itself without trying to rip off someone's creative work, and without having to ask any less than the fairly low price they want for that gambeson.

Comment

• Magic1
                • Jan 2011

I am rather skeptical of the ann bag too. It looks like they are copying this:

but with a couple changes in the strap and the way the strap connects to the bag. I'd say that maybe it's a different version of this bag, but looking online, I have found ANY ann bag that looks exactly like the one being sold. And I agree with beardown, the stitching on the tag is uncomfortably uneven. Then again, ann has been making some things in portugal with slightly lower quality, so... I'm not sure.

Regardless, it's a great style.

Comment

• mumbosauce
                  • Jan 2011

I just got these from a friend. this is my first rick owens, so I really dont have anything to compare it to. the tags are two greyish bars. one says rick owens in script and the other says "anthem s/s11" the words are pretty hard to make out though.

I know the photos are a little blurry sorry

thanks in advance

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                    • Jun 2011

I see no problem here, why do you think your friend would rip you off anyhow? lol
                    -v_o_t
                    sale items

Comment

• mumbosauce
                      • Jan 2011

thanks! just making sure because he wasnt the first owner and he traded it to me for something really insubstantial.

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

This seller is a genuine asshole, most of her listings are not by the labels she claims them to be. For example, this vest is actually by MB999.
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• several_girls
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mumbosauce View Post
                          [RO drop shorts]
                          thanks in advance
                          FYI, there was an ebay seller out of montreal selling fakes of these. Seller goes by the name "dclothing" and "paperclothing" now IIRC. Is the textile somewhat sparkly/shiny and thin? Like linen? I think the other way to spot the ones from this montreal seller is that the "Rick Owens" or "Anthem" stamp is reversed compared to legit tags.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                            This seller is a genuine asshole, most of her listings are not by the labels she claims them to be. For example, this vest is actually by MB999.
                            they're also selling a used bottle of perfume for full retail.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mumbosauce
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                              FYI, there was an ebay seller out of montreal selling fakes of these. Seller goes by the name "dclothing" and "paperclothing" now IIRC. Is the textile somewhat sparkly/shiny and thin? Like linen? I think the other way to spot the ones from this montreal seller is that the "Rick Owens" or "Anthem" stamp is reversed compared to legit tags.

which way should the tags read? they both read from left to right, with the rick owens above the anthem tag, when the legs are to the left and the waist to the right. if that make sense. i cant find any photos of these shorts
                              thanks again guys

they are pretty thin, but dont feel much like linen. todays overcast and they arent shiny. indoors they arent shiny either. but on bright sunny days theyre kind of sparkly/shiny. dammit these are fake arent they -_-
                              Last edited by mumbosauce; 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• several_girls
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mumbosauce View Post
                                which way should the tags read? they both read from left to right, with the rick owens above the anthem tag, when the legs are to the left and the waist to the right. if that make sense. i cant find any photos of these shorts
                                thanks again guys

they are pretty thin, but dont feel much like linen. todays overcast and they arent shiny. indoors they arent shiny either. but on bright sunny days theyre kind of sparkly/shiny. dammit these are fake arent they -_-
                                I'd help you out but I don't have a legit pair of shorts for comparison. Only way to find out for sure is to ask the guy you traded with where he got them, if he has a receipt, tags or anything. Of course he has no real reason to be honest with you, so you may be out of luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎