• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

A resounding NO
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Blacknight
      • May 2013

As a foreigner (American) living in Beijing, I get enough stares throughout the day as it is, simply for just being white. Never the less, I do sometimes hear comments whispered in Mandarin floating around about my clothing choice.

Chinese society, to an extent, looks down on individualism, or simply those who partake in subcultures or pursue interests that are outside of the "mainstream," so in turn, when I'm going around town, even in the quite modern parts of the city, being a foreigner clad in Rick, Julius, and Ann D never the less brings about a lot of confusion to the Chinese.

Fortunately, social harmony is priority here, and it's very seldom that you'll come across someone calling you out for your clothing choice. I believe they usually just assume that being foreign is justification enough for my wardrobe, haha.

Comment

• Illithid Dude
        • May 2013

Wore my Bleu Clair Waxed Denim Jacket from SS04 Strip today to school, and a girl in a Comme Des Fuckdown beanie and camo pants asked if I paid money to look like someone came on my jacket.

Comment

• ambrosian
          • Dec 2012

^ What a horrible person. How did you reply?

fmc: Yeah I frequently wear the same InAisce boots that are quite medieval, plus a quilted jacket so I guess it's a little agrarian. I tend to get 'Pirates of the Carribean' comments every now and then as well...
          street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Illithid Dude View Post
            Wore my Bleu Clair Waxed Denim Jacket from SS04 Strip today to school, and a girl in a Comme Des Fuckdown beanie and camo pants asked if I paid money to look like someone came on my jacket.
            Did you tell her to to come the fuck down?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Blacknight
              • May 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Did you tell her to to come the fuck down?
              If only we could all be so quick to give a retort such as this.

+1

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                • May 2013

Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                ^ What a horrible person. How did you reply?
                I laughed it off. I had a ton of comments on that jacket, both good and bad, but hers was definitely the funniest.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                  • Aug 2012

Met a girl this summer. She was nice. But there was a small problem. She was leaning towards me when we spoke, a little too much, speaking with a slow, over-articulated voice. Every syllable were carefully pronounced, like she didn't really know the language. I tried to find signs, small signals that could tell me whether or not she was retarded. But the content of what she said made perfectly sense. She was a gifted woman. I was confused. Anyway. A couple of days later we decided to meet again. We met at a café. We hugged and started talking. But she continued to speak with this strange, toneless yet distinguishable voice. After a while I asked her about it: What's up with the voice? She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?
                  The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Lol that's hilarious, I bet you guys had a good laugh after that. So was her normal talking much better?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
                      Met a girl this summer. She was nice. But there was a small problem. She was leaning towards me when we spoke, a little too much, speaking with a slow, over-articulated voice. Every syllable were carefully pronounced, like she didn't really know the language. I tried to find signs, small signals that could tell me whether or not she was retarded. But the content of what she said made perfectly sense. She was a gifted woman. I was confused. Anyway. A couple of days later we decided to meet again. We met at a café. We hugged and started talking. But she continued to speak with this strange, toneless yet distinguishable voice. After a while I asked her about it: What's up with the voice? She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?
                      Best of SZ

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kuriz
                        • Nov 2010

destroymebaby each line made me more and more curious about what was going on. What a nice story

Comment

• gnow
                          • Jun 2010

I always get people asking me about my bbs tag, and now I got something to troll them with lol

Comment

• Prototypes
                            • Oct 2008

@ destroymebaby

but its true, people around me enjoy playing with them tags

Comment

• destroymebaby
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                              Lol that's hilarious, I bet you guys had a good laugh after that. So was her normal talking much better?
                              Yes. It was a relief. I enjoyed her more natural voice.
                              The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
                                hahahaahah, wow, and this is a gifted woman? you sure you're not delusional? It happens when you got your eye on the prize

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎