Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lionlimb
    • Feb 2013

Having my coffee in the park before work, wearing lost and found, Demeulemeester, guidi, and a big pile of cashmere. A man and his wife approached me to kindly but insistently inquire if I was hungry, if I needed help, etc. They thought I was homeless. There's not really a non-awkward way to correct that assumption.
    not baller

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

But the fun way could have been to go along with it, playing dumb to their assumption.

"No, I'm not hungry yet. Just starting the day with my coffee. Why, did you have a place in mind? Or were you looking for a recommendation?"
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Resonkuken
        • Oct 2012

You should´ve played along and got a free breakfast.. and maybe some walking around money

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post
          Having my coffee in the park before work, wearing lost and found, Demeulemeester, guidi, and a big pile of cashmere. A man and his wife approached me to kindly but insistently inquire if I was hungry, if I needed help, etc. They thought I was homeless. There's not really a non-awkward way to correct that assumption.
          Haha, this is gold. Did you quite Ms. Vreenland to them?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Derelicte!

Comment

• Tafkap
              • Oct 2006

Demeulemeester and an amazing Dries Van Noten scarf (black wool, very wide, long and end of world looking, still regret selling it)....
              having lunch with my friends and I didn't eat because I wasn't feeling good (one of those lunches)...waiter comes up and hands me a plate of fries and says the elderly couple that just left bought them for me.
              homeless looking i guess. haha.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

OK, next fashionable person I see, I'm offering to buy them a sandwich with a look of pity.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Tafkap
                  • Oct 2006

lol...i'm going to make it a point to find fashionable people around the holidays, and ask with a look of pity if they would like to come over to have a turkey dinner.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                    this pretty looking 55~ year old woman
                    *dead*

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

^what? i am confuse
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Deux_Oiseaux
                        • Sep 2012

Musically inclined friend said my Ute Ploier suit made me look like David Byrne

Comment

• kuriz
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by volta View Post
                          *dead*
                          Huh? (5)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Do not feed the troll, kuriz.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
                              • Oct 2010

while dressed in ccp & rick owens explaining something called homotopy type theory* to someone: "damn, are you sure you didn't pop out of the matrix to explain its source code?"

buying kombucha while wearing an inaisce beanie, cashier lady is looking at my license and giving me a strange look. I thought she was unsure whether it was actually my license (I shaved my beard and look different) but it turns out she just liked my hat and wondering what it was made of. I told her wool, but coated with resin to look like tar. She asked if I made it and I said "no it was made by a designer in new york". Her reply (nodding): "yep that would be from ny".

*the newest foundations of mathematics program, largely developed at the institute for advanced study in princeton (which is where einstein and godel worked). has interesting connections with philosophy, physics, and especially computer science. see the synopsis for this carnegie mellon course on the topic if you're curious: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rwh/courses/hott/ + this stack exchange answer if you're curious about the philosophical connection http://philosophy.stackexchange.com/...ears/9814#9814
                              Last edited by trentk; 03-02-2014, 09:59 PM.
                              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                                I told her wool, but coated with resin to look like tar. She asked if I made it and I said "no it was made by a designer in new york". Her reply (nodding): "yep that would be from ny".
                                hah. too funny.

wearing kilted detroits to work today. i expect i'll be posting here again shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎