Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheArchitect
    • Jul 2013

usually people ask me where i can find the same shoes or clothes.
    https://www.facebook.com/arootsorg

Comment

• ilurkaround
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      her friend then took a photo of us and she commented on how good i smell, cdg wonderwood
      Originally posted by fncyths View Post
      I blame it on the wonderwood. I don't know what it is but I've had women of all ages go batshit crazy when they smell it on me.
      Originally posted by Faust View Post
      /\ third!!!
      Originally posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post
      i'll have to pick up some wonderwood, then.
      Originally posted by Null12 View Post
      ^
      Also, it looks like I need to get up on that cdg wonderwood...
      Well, you guys sold me on wonderwood, gonna jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

• LelandJ
        Banned
        • Apr 2014

Anyone know if there any chemicals in wonderwood?

Comment

• flashoflight
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
          Anyone know if there any chemicals in wonderwood?
          I did read somewhere that it has synthetic ingredients in addition to natural. So if by chemicals you mean non-natural scents, then yes. I tried looking for the ingredient list before I bought my bottle, but couldn't find more than what the CdG site lists under ingredients which is:

"Madagascan pepper, bergamot,
          somalian incense, nutmeg, cristalon,
          cashmeran, gaïac wood, cedar wood,
          carvi graines, javanol, sandalwood,
          vetiver and oud wood."

Comment

• Dorje
            • Oct 2013

Most modern frags are 100% synthetic or close to it.

flash, that list is for notes, which is what the frag smells like, it is not a list of actual ingredients.

100% natural fragrances are available from many perfumers but good ones are very, very expensive. And most are disappointing, but that goes for regular frags too.

Comment

• SuE
              • Jan 2013

There's a good article on CdG perfumes in SZ vol 3. iirc synthetics are more environmentally friendly because they don't encourage over-harvesting for ingredients like the naturals do.
              One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

In case anybody is interested, CDG are about to release a new fragrance (not sure if it's a flanker to Wonderwood) called Wonderoud.

Comment

• LelandJ
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by SuE View Post
                  There's a good article on CdG perfumes in SZ vol 3. iirc synthetics are more environmentally friendly because they don't encourage over-harvesting for ingredients like the naturals do.
                  Well I wouldn't want "non-sustainably" harvested organic ingredients, but I'm not going to put petrochemicals on my skin, breathe it either. God knows how many people get cancer with cosmetics as large contributing factor.

Dorje, link me to your preferred organic choices?

Regarding strangers reactions, a grocery bagger once said I looked like Simon Garfunkel. I was repulsed momentarily then realized I had to progress my clothing choices and styling to prevent any vestiges of vintage modern muzak normcore-ness.

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Dorje, link me to your preferred organic choices?
                    I profumi naturali, per la natura stessa dei materiali che li compongono, sono dei veri gioielli olfattivi.

Comment

• LelandJ
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2014

Profumo's list:

WHAT I USE IN MY PERFUMES

Absolute as defined by ISO 9235
                      Alcohol natural
                      Animal Extracts and tinctures: (civet, Castoreum, Hyraceum, Ambergris, Honey bee).
                      Concrete: as defined by by ISO 9235
                      Essential oils: as defined by ISO. 9235
                      Extracts: as defined by ISO 9235
                      Propylen Glicole (PG) (with my cocoa extract only)
                      Resinoids: as defined by ISO 9235
                      Tinctures: as defined by ISO 9235
                      Water
                      PG's carcinogenic so which ones have cocoa in it? Do you know, Dorje? And wth is concrete?

Comment

• ambrosian
                        • Dec 2012

"Propylene glycol does not cause sensitization and it shows no evidence of being a carcinogen or of being genotoxic."

Even if it was, you would have to ingest it. In large, large quantities.
                        street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Shifts
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Law View Post
                          In case anybody is interested, CDG are about to release a new fragrance (not sure if it's a flanker to Wonderwood) called Wonderoud.
                          They are joining the oud-game quite late, but I'm still very curious about what they will do. A part of me believe they release it because someone came up with that terrific name and couldn't let it go to waste.

Comment

• Ulf
                            • Apr 2014

And wth is concrete?
                            It's a waxy, concentrated fragrant extraction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_(extraction)

Comment

• LelandJ
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                              "Propylene glycol does not cause sensitization and it shows no evidence of being a carcinogen or of being genotoxic."

Even if it was, you would have to ingest it. In large, large quantities.
                              'K-nell, didn't learn till now it's being put in food and drink products now too. More cancer means more business profit, good for the economy.

Comment

• Dorje
                                • Oct 2013

The synthetic aromachemicals in modern perfumes are safer than they used to be, and I personally don't worry about it. However, synthetic frags can be very difficult for people who have chemical sensitivities to be around, so some of the frags with huge projection, or if you overapply to achieve huge projection, you may inadvertently cause issues if you are around those with sensitivities. Also, modern frags can cause chemical sensitivity in the user with repeated exposure, which is why some frags can get irritating to the user over time. For me, the use of iso-e-super is so widespread, I don't want to be around it anymore because it seems overly strong to me and sticks out like a sore thumb in higher concentrations. It is a diffuse woody-cedar scent used as a main note in many frags...

As far as perfumers I agree Profumo is worth looking at, also

http://www.soivohle.net/ < I like underworld...

http://www.dshperfumes.com/ < Be careful as she uses synthetics too. If you like patchouli, she does too... I don't own any of her frags but they might be worth checking out.

http://www.agaraura.com/ < This place specializes in oud oils but he also makes oud-based attars, and IMO he is one of the best in the world, his work is amazing. However, he makes attars somewhat randomly and they sell out fast, so there are usually 0 - 4 attars on his website with more emphasis on pure oud oils. He does not care too much about how much his attars cost, they generally end up around $150 for 3 mL... but it is pure oil with no carriers added at all and are worth the price imo. If you want his work you need to sign up for emails or you will miss releases. The one attar available right now (after he moves), Cuir et Bois, is spectacular...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎