X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
    By the way, the yy trench earned me my first "darth vader" a few days ago !

But well, that's the way it is ; I assume you can't wear big black stuff and expect to get away with it.
    haha, my fav!

before i worked at gravity pope (which i don't anymore, don't worry) i'd go in to visit my roommate who's their ass manager - last time i went in before working there, i was wearing my raf astro sneaks, raf three section tear away pants, and my s/s08 raf removable sleeve coat. apparently when hailing my roommate, her co-worker told her "darth vader is here to see you" - which might have made my fucking life. (whilst also confirming that people who work in the "fashion" industry in vancouver are stale-tasted morons)

-

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

I don't get the point of this thread....is it something like "people who wear weird clothes somehow expect others not to pass remarks on it, but if they do, it makes said weird clothes-wearing people feel infinitely satisfied and superior"?

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

I don't think anyone is necessarily thinking they won't get comments if they wear certain clothes. I think this thread shouldn't be taken seriously and it's a good read for a laugh.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

um. no.
          you're reading into this far too much.
          we just recognize that we get funny reactions to our clothes, and are sharing said reactions to remind ourselves that we're not [really] alone out there.

[ps you have a lot of posts to "not get this thread"]

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          I don't get the point of this thread....is it something like "people who wear weird clothes somehow expect others not to pass remarks on it, but if they do, it makes said weird clothes-wearing people feel infinitely satisfied and superior"?

-

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

i do have a lot of posts don't i?

[ps, i was being sarcastic when i said i didn't get the point of the thread]

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Don't mind Johnny, he must be sleep deprived.
              I suppose because many people have a similar style here, they get similar comments.

I don't wear these clothes the way many members here wear + I live in New York = no negative comments for me. Although, the other day I was wearing the Ann Dem moon shirt, and an older Jewish gentleman, knowing that I am Jewish, asked whether it's an Islamic symbol. I told him I switched religions.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• vois
                • Nov 2007

Once, as i was walking past a homeless looking person, he said something like, "all that nice, expensive clothes and what an ugly hair; do some shit about it."

Apart from that, I barely got any.

When I happen to wear designer "dark" clothes, I tend to keep things deep inside myself. Chuckling towards the bewildered eyes. Looking poker-faced, 'I don't give a fuck about what you think of me, so should you,' on the outside.
                And plus, as a foreigner, people may consider my style as the norm of my culture.

What I have noticed though, when I tone it down to the point of being just an inch above ordinary-look-alike's, is that I sense people treat me a bit differently. Carelessly, presumably easy to deal with. (maybe they feel more comfortable?) But I enjoy this because there's a purpose for my outfit. :)

Comment

• the-orb
                  • Jun 2009

Went to visit my father some time ago and wore my DRKSHDW treated/washed denim jacket. He said: "What is that? Looks like some old jacket that someone left lying around in their office for 30 years". Not sure what that was but I took it as a compliment, since I love the worn look.

Oh and one other interesting comment...was wearing some pointy white Gram shoes and this guy told me "are those from Lord of the Rings"?

Comment

• mamaboy
                    • Mar 2008

u shuold definitly throw these shoes away.....lovely lady told me .... i was working in westbury in long island .... i had my augusta on....
                    but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Alesha
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by merz
                      heh, most appropriate response to this would've likely gone something like:

"ТЫ ШО БЛЯ СЦУКО?! ОПИЗДЕНЕЛО??"
                      I disagree. ДАТЬ В ЕБЛО НАДО БЫЛО. Silent responce makes better statement.
                      Originally posted by interest1
                      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

I don't understand Russian. Translation please?
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Alesha
                          • Apr 2009

Translation will ruin the much cherished intellectual russian image cultivated on this forum :)

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Haha. This image?

Originally posted by merz
                            you guys ever seen the russian mafia graves? that shit's like the mafia lookbook.nu.

truly epic levels of strangeness and hilarity. check this out for more.
                            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Alesha
                              • Apr 2009

Those dudes were style icons, whenever whatever.

More like this:

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

Balzac founded a lot of his psychological observations on this "science"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎