Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadboy
    • Jul 2013

Wait... did she accuse you of being a First Order sympathizer? Or is that a typo?

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I keep telling everyone that the future of fashion will be driven by young black kids - no doubt about it.

Comment

• DNHT
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
        Wait... did she accuse you of being a First Order sympathizer? Or is that a typo?
        She did. Not 'look like', but 'you like'. Resistance scum.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

You should’ve used the force to keep that kid away.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• TheLoudLine
            • Feb 2014

Recently was out at a bar in Central London wearing a sleeveless Julius hoodie, had two girls commenting that they thought I was wearing a skirt since the hoodie is pretty long. Wasn't bothered and we joked about it.

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

Was leaving Pai after dinner the other night and had a man tap me on the shoulder and said he liked my boots, which I thought was nice, and then he went on to confidently say that they were ccp -- which sort of blew my mind (first time ever). Then said he knew they must have been when I affirmed his statement, because he saw that I was wearing "boris". Nice guy (said he knew shuit); living in Toronto is a nice change.

Also saw someone wearing Rick - or any SZ brand for that matter - for the first time - other than friends - in an Apple store a few hours before...

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

I saw an older lady wear milk leather Ramones – the first time I saw anyone but the SAs of a local store wear Rick.

I’ve gotten "You look like someone from Star Wars" a few times recently.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• frostiblack
                  • Apr 2015

First day out wearing a new hooded virgin wool Rick parka, and have gotten "friar," "sorcerer" and even "KKK."

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                    • Apr 2014

^Considering starwars mania, I would have expected something a long the lines of sith lord or kylo ren.

Comment

• Guun
                      • Nov 2014

While at my part-time retail job, a fellow female employee asked me "don't those boots cost like $1000?!? How can you even afford this stuff while working here?" Apparently she follows mens fashion and described my style as "very goth-ninja"

I laughed... it is just very uncommon to hear this in the part of Canada I am from, let alone a girl who works in the teenage girls section of a local department store. This is what I get for wearing Guidi, BBS and Julius stuff to work.
                      insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• En.
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by frostiblack View Post
                        First day out wearing a new hooded virgin wool Rick parka, and have gotten "friar," "sorcerer" and even "KKK."
                        How even?

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Guun View Post
                          While at my part-time retail job, a fellow female employee asked me "don't those boots cost like $1000?!? How can you even afford this stuff while working here?" Apparently she follows mens fashion and described my style as "very goth-ninja"

I laughed... it is just very uncommon to hear this in the part of Canada I am from, let alone a girl who works in the teenage girls section of a local department store. This is what I get for wearing Guidi, BBS and Julius stuff to work.
                          where in canada are you?

i'd had someone once notice my geobaskets in parksville, bc, which is crazy to me

Comment

• frostiblack
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by En. View Post
                            How even?
                            I guess it was the pointed hood?

Comment

• Guun
                              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                              where in canada are you?

i'd had someone once notice my geobaskets in parksville, bc, which is crazy to me
                              Edmonton, AB... not exactly rural, but definitely not a good place for fashion. The only time I even see Rick is basically on new money international students at the university, and thats pretty much limited to geos.

Other than some close friends who are into fashion literally no one notices anything I wear. Best I've had was some guy from Montreal recognize my BBS jacket after noticing the string on the back haha
                              insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• rake
                                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Guun View Post
                                Edmonton, AB... not exactly rural, but definitely not a good place for fashion. The only time I even see Rick is basically on new money international students at the university, and thats pretty much limited to geos.

Other than some close friends who are into fashion literally no one notices anything I wear. Best I've had was some guy from Montreal recognize my BBS jacket after noticing the string on the back haha
                                First post, but I thought this was a reasonable time to chime in on the Edmonton conversation. It's definitely a tough place for fashion and it's getting even tougher now with Haven leaving. At least Simons has a small amount of Rick/Margiela/Dries - which I'm guessing is where you are at (I've seen the Guidi's ).

As far as reactions go, I haven't had anything too extreme or noteworthy. But I'm in regular office clothes for my 9-5, and usually go for a more toned-down version of the SZ aesthetic the rest of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎