X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guun
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by rake View Post
    First post, but I thought this was a reasonable time to chime in on the Edmonton conversation. It's definitely a tough place for fashion and it's getting even tougher now with Haven leaving. At least Simons has a small amount of Rick/Margiela/Dries - which I'm guessing is where you are at (I've seen the Guidi's ).

As far as reactions go, I haven't had anything too extreme or noteworthy. But I'm in regular office clothes for my 9-5, and usually go for a more toned-down version of the SZ aesthetic the rest of the time.
    Haha you should of said hi, though I don't work there anymore.

True about Haven leaving, but their Edmonton store left a lot to be desired as it was severely understocked and in a terrible location. Unfortunately most people only went there for the sneaker drops
    Literally the only decent places left are Simons and occasionally Gravitypope.
    insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• rake
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Guun View Post
      At least both places have pretty shitty websites so there are some great deals in store (Simons to a larger degree, obviously)

I'm actually pretty surprised you haven't had more crazy reactions from locals if you're wearing BBS and Julius stuff. I would have expected at least a few cringe worthy stories!

Comment

• frostiblack
        • Apr 2015

At least both places have pretty shitty websites so there are some great deals in store (Simons to a larger degree, obviously)

I'm actually pretty surprised you haven't had more crazy reactions from locals if you're wearing BBS and Julius stuff. I would have expected at least a few cringe worthy stories!
        Small world. It's so interesting to see so many other people from Edmonton on here.

Agreed, Simons and Gravity Pope are basically it. I'm curious as to how the addition of a new Simons store in Londonderry will affect availability of the good stuff.

Comment

• gregor
          • Oct 2014

Haha you should of said hi, though I don't work there anymore.

True about Haven leaving, but their Edmonton store left a lot to be desired as it was severely understocked and in a terrible location. Unfortunately most people only went there for the sneaker drops
          haven's leaving edmonton? god, i haven't been there since a few summers ago, i'm really out of the loop.

i'd never noticed anyone of any real style in edmonton, the holts was terrible even by holts standards. simons does carry bbs and rick and all, though, does any of it ever make it's way to the wem store?

Comment

• frostiblack
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
            simons does carry bbs and rick and all, though, does any of it ever make it's way to the wem store?
            They've carried a bit of Rick for the last few seasons; haven't seen BBS there yet.

Comment

• Guun
              • Nov 2014

Most people are fairly nice with the complements (though I have gotten the usual Dracula, Matrix, Star Wars, etc.). Even at Simons I only got positive reactions on my outfit, most common being "wow, you don't dress like you work here..."
              I am still amazed by how they approved my BBS blazer and pants for dress code

Only when wearing Kuboraums + full julius stuff will I really get some stares. It's just awkard when people as where I buy my stuff and how much it costs...
              insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by frostiblack View Post
                They've carried a bit of Rick for the last few seasons; haven't seen BBS there yet.
                afaik they only have bbs in the montreal locations, but im not sure. it went on very deep discount, as well.

Comment

• Guun
                  • Nov 2014

haven's leaving edmonton? god, i haven't been there since a few summers ago, i'm really out of the loop.

i'd never noticed anyone of any real style in edmonton, the holts was terrible even by holts standards. simons does carry bbs and rick and all, though, does any of it ever make it's way to the wem store?
                  I agree, Edmonton holts is garbage.

WEM Simons gets mainline Rick (we already have some Cyclops stuff) but no DRKSHDW. Unfortunately they only sell BBS in the Montreal (and possibly Vancouver) store. We have gotten the odd piece here and there, but thats usually from online returns (mostly by me ). At least WEM has Dries and CdG, and I've heard they may be carrying Issey Miyake next season.
                  insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• TheLoudLine
                    • Feb 2014

I live in Spitafields, so I guess I'm fairly lucky when it comes to other people into fashion. I get the occasional remark from people at bars/pubs, but nothing much beyond "that looks interesting" or "nice shoes/jacket"

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

I agree, Edmonton holts is garbage.

WEM Simons gets mainline Rick (we already have some Cyclops stuff) but no DRKSHDW. Unfortunately they only sell BBS in the Montreal (and possibly Vancouver) store. We have gotten the odd piece here and there, but thats usually from online returns (mostly by me ). At least WEM has Dries and CdG, and I've heard they may be carrying Issey Miyake next season.
                      we're finally getting a simons here, which is rather exciting. i doubt they'd ever sell bbs outside markets like that, but i've seen the odd thing slip through to stores that don't stock it, and when the simons opened across the river in gatineau, the inventory system was horrendous, for the first couple of months.

guess it's worth paying a visit when i'm in red deer () this summer

Comment

• SafetyKat
                        • Aug 2014

shot in the dark but If anyone on here was walking arount the FIT campus a few days ago rocking some Julius jeans (the version with the strap over the back right pocket) I was totally digging what you were burying friend

Also spotted someone this morning wearing the fw15 Ann D. coat, even better looking in person

Last edited by SafetyKat; 01-29-2016, 02:50 PM. Reason: Picture

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

stylezeitgeist missed connections, anyone?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Not the first time this has been proposed. Actually, I think we do have a very old thread like that.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Legs
                              • Oct 2015

I think I get more stares for my size then anything at 6 foot 6. When I lived in Colorado people would stare me down when I was wearing my geos or Rick. That and people asking if I was gay or "Why are a goth still?" Now that I live in Chicago it is back to people just noticing my height.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                                • Aug 2014

stylezeitgeist missed connections, anyone?
                                *Sits anxiously by the mailbox*

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎