Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merkuri
    • Sep 2009

mother in law complimented me on my "lovely dress" at dinner tonight.

Comment

• kollaps
      • Jul 2009

I wore my new RO denim jacket with leather sleeves to school today and was welcomed by my friends with a loud "Turbojugend!" when I set my first step through the door.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The BBS coat has been a smashing success with older folks so far. My Mom, having gotten used to my sartorial choices by now, put it diplomatically, "I guess it's for those who understand." My friend's grandpa, after I left, "What Salvation Army branch did he buy it at?"
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Mom has relented ever since she realized my interest in fashion, in order of importance, 1) does not make me gay 2) pays my rent, with the potential eventually to pay a mortgage 3) makes me happy
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mass View Post
            that sounds awfully contrived to me. oh you're so rebellious!
            WTB: This

Comment

• comedyzen
              • May 2009

Forget "strangers," my own gf busts my balls about my style choices. When I got my m.a+ gloves, I was excited to sport them...when she saw them, she mimicked a Philly accent and started to yell "Yo..Rocky!!." Sigh, poor girl, I shouldn't have jabbed her in the face after that...JUST KIDDING.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

mine just says "BLACKBLACKBLACK"... and then wears all black herself and proceeds to blame me for it...
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sky cracks open
                  • Nov 2009

I don't think my fashion choices are as bold as most of yours. Even though I like a lot of the same designers and brands, most of my pieces are monochromatic, so they don't stand out too much.

When I do get comments they are always positive, but there are a lot of people who stare and don't say anything, so who knows what they're thinking?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sky cracks open View Post
                    I don't think my fashion choices are as bold as most of yours. Even though I like a lot of the same designers and brands, most of my pieces are monochromatic, so they don't stand out too much.

When I do get comments they are always positive, but there are a lot of people who stare and don't say anything, so who knows what they're thinking?
                    "sky cracks open"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sky cracks open
                      • Nov 2009

That would be impressive if they could discern that from my clothes!

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Funny stuff from comedyzen and Lowrey. I just recently got a very long l/s, and my girlfriend called me a slut for wearing such a short "dress".

Eternal, I did not understand your sentiment until I spent a year in the business school at my university. That's when I realized two things: what my true passion is, and that I don't care about money that much.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                          Funny stuff from comedyzen and Lowrey. I just recently got a very long l/s, and my girlfriend called me a slut for wearing such a short "dress".
                          LOL crackin up

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                            The best return for this serve is always - "I am a slut...for clothing."
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• rallen
                              • Dec 2009

Where you live is hugely instrumental in the positive/negative reactions from strangers... my other half and I used to live in the capital but we have moved back out to the 'countryside' where we both grew up, choosing to commute. Typically the negative:positive reactions in the countryside to our clothing are about 10:1! Generalising, MOST people in the south-west countryside/towns are just not interested in style or fashion, or reject personal style and slave to fashion. But that doesn't hinder our decisions in the slightest... negative reactions have just never seemed to register with us.

I remember in the summer taking a train journey and I had to change at Southampton Central. I was wearing a Hall Ohara SS06 dress, my phone had drained of all battery but I was still wearing my ear pieces in. I could see in my peripherals (and unawares to them, hear!) a lot of people pointing me out to others and laughing in a negative way. But it didn't really bother me. I know when I go out anywhere that there will be people who object to what I am wearing and I think this just makes me feel more comfortable in the pieces. My partner gets jibes all the time, the nature of most have been explored in this thread already. I'd say one of the most objected pieces he wears are leggings. I am new to this forum (first post), so know next to nothing about what has been discussed before but people's opinions to men in leggings interests me. We work in music and at the festivals (and in the city/our favourite haunts) when he wears leggings it goes down a storm. In the south-west towns and countryside, they're met with incredulous looks and rude comments.

I also find it interesting that when we blowdry my partners hair and leave it in its massive, lions-mane form people even in the countryside react quite positively (the same types who often negatively react to our clothing style), but when it is straightened (and worn down) it's obscenities, etc.

Comment

• rallen
                                • Dec 2009

Sure, I get ridiculed about my outfits in general, but the ridicule stems from blatant closed-mindedness.
                                Yes, closed-mindedness is all it is really, and when he wears leggings the people who react negatively often have never seen a man in leggings before... a lot of people tend to dislike change in every aspect. It's a societal thing, like the typical social standard of 'baby girl = pink, baby boy = blue'. People with closed-minds to fashion may have only seen leggings on females before.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎