Originally posted by Faust View Post
    OMG, picture?!
    The pants:
    http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/APRIL+...sts/sr_women80

Fit pic: NO WAY!

Comment

• dash
      • Jul 2010

I'm moving from the UK to Miami come October.
      Dunno what reaction I'm gonna get over there. I'm not a brave as alot of you guys in how you dress, but I think over there even skinny jeans are associated with homosexuality. :-/
      www.gregdash.net
      @gregjdash

Comment

• mononon
        • Sep 2009

don't know much about Miami except there are a lot of guido-type people there.
        also be prepared for HOT weather!
        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Zhou
          • Jan 2010

Living in Phoenix, the literal dead-end of fashion of cities in the states (think ed harty everywhere), I quite often got stares when wearing any of my designer pieces out. It was especially bad when wearing my Julius sarouel shorts around when the second I would walk into a store or rather anywhere it was stares till I left. Its kinda sad cause its one of the few things I could wear in 110+ heat. LA so far is much better.

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
            don't know much about Miami except there are a lot of guido-type people there.
            also be prepared for HOT weather!
            dude i did NOT like miami at all , went down there not too long ago to check some shit out and i was like dam its not that fun here or great . it had some nice ass beaches tho but i hated that everything was so spread out and one needed a fuckin car to get anywhere . no damn trains but from what the locals told me its a scene you have to alrdy be into otherwise most people will dislike it .
            i went camping and fishin for like 4 days while i was there and that was pretty fun but hollllly shit at nite it was hot and then u wake up and its even hotter once the suns back out . one kinda cool thing was there were a ton of chain restaurants there like dennys . we dont have dennys in chicago , i always go crazy when i visit one . chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes babyyyyyyyy

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

getting off topic here, but los angeles is the same way with transportation, everything is fucking spread so far apart and a car is a must. going cross town is basically an entire days activity
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Trust me you'll see a ton of people in skinny jeans in Miami. I actually like Miami, but I am only there during Art Basel, and everyone tells me I would hate it during the year.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                  one kinda cool thing was there were a ton of chain restaurants there like dennys.
                  That's a good thing?

I don't get a lot of reaction, besides stares, from strangers regarding my clothing but I get a lot of compliments from my friends and questions on where I found such things.

Portland has a lot of local and hipster fashion but there are no SZ type clothing to be found for men here and I'm not even sure if Yamamoto, MM 6 or even Y-3 is available for women. I think Dries van Noten and Marni are finally available for women at Nordstrom now.
                  THE HOUSE OF DIS
                  embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• mononon
                    • Sep 2009

^that is actually pretty neat. i have never seen dvn nor marni at any nordstrom's in los angeles.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

two tourists said they liked my jacket (long y's cardigan). yay

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

lulz.

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

I've had someone follow me from across in a store. So everytime I went to a corner of the store there would be a some people staring in the opposite side. My attire isn't the most extravagant, but people only know the polo/jeans combo around here.

Comment

• JimiRouge
                            • Aug 2010

I've been rocking these old 'Nam era army boots for years now purely for the fact that they are comfortable as hell, near indestructible and just look effing badass. Many a stranger has pulled me up to tell me my boots are rad (including a number of schoolgirls which i still find surprising... The future's bright I suppose) or to ask where i got them or who they're by. I always enjoy telling them I don't know who they're by but I 'aquired' them from my high school cadet office many years ago now.
                            It's nice to know there are folks about who appreciate you mixing it up a bit, especially enough to pull you aside to pay compliment:)

on a side note... Does anyone else find it funny that skinny jeans, leather boots and a few months between haircuts can still get you called and 'Emo' these days?... Sigh

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

um, maybe i'm wrong here, but isn't getting new haircuts the only thing emo kids do all day...?

Originally posted by JimiRouge View Post
                              Does anyone else find it funny that skinny jeans, leather boots and a few months between haircuts can still get you called and 'Emo' these days?... Sigh

Comment

• i gotta say, i've recieved nothing but nice compliments here in New York, and noones staring. I love this place.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎