Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

No one says that you have to tell them the truth either.

The only people that know how much my clothing costs are friends that wear similarly priced stuff and the credit card company.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
      not even to family members do i reveal how much things cost. i think it will ruin relationships..
      Although I do avoid to talk about the amount of $ I spent into clothes I find this is a bit of an extreme statement, paired with the family. How comes you really think mentioning these kind of things might ruin the relationship? If this statement is based on actual evidence I feel extremely sorry for you :-\

But actually, that's not what this topic is about (iirc we had the discussion somewhere anyway).

As for me... just the usual emo and gay comments in Germany (only when I'm wearing my Julius MA pants). Strange gazes when wearing drop crotch pants but no comments at all. Oh well
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• BBSCCP
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post

As for me... just the usual emo and gay comments in Germany (only when I'm wearing my Julius MA pants). Strange gazes when wearing drop crotch pants but no comments at all. Oh well
        where in germany do you live? sounds like a rural area..

recently I was asked if I drive a motorbike due to my crushed bbs jeans..

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

no it's not based on actual evidence. but from a cultural standpoint and seeing what my family members spend money on, it's best that i don't take them to atelier when they are in town..

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ hahahaha, that's awesome.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• diorowen
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              i dress rather conservatively so i don't get a lot of comments from strangers. however, when i wear something new to work, my co-workers usually ask where i get this stuff. i always tell them off ebay or some guy from japan..

i never tell them about how much it costs or where i get it. because they will freak out and say "you shop at where? but that place is so expensive. how much did you spend on those shoes? holy shit?"

not even to family members do i reveal how much things cost. i think it will ruin relationships..
              yeah, I agree with this.
              for family, luckily my family love design very much, so fashion actually quite interesting for them. and all my clothing seems interest them quite much
              for friends,
              all my friend, ALL. none of them really interested in fashion. they just simply wear pants, and t shirt.
              so when I'm out and wearing some designer pieces, they will look at me weirdly, and start asking for the price. haha. never told them the truth though. I mostly answer ebay for cheap. however they start to acknowledge me as a cheap guy who always bought stuff from ebay =_=.. which sometimes annoy me. haha. hope my area will become more interested in fashion one day.
              oh, how I wish all of us live in the same area. haha.
              still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Frogman
                • Sep 2010

Hey gents what's up?? Saw this thread and had to post in it.

I do not have my choice of RO, Ann D, or any other avant guarde clothing items in my possession... yet... but I plan to wear them out when I do.

Anyways, I usually dress nice, appropriate, and according to where I'm going. Sometimes I incorporate skinny jeans to my look. Apparently that is enough down here in Miami to start getting the insecure men wrapped up. I've gotten told "fag" "Can your balls breath in that??" among other more interesting remarks.

Mind you this is coming from the Hollister/A&F chest brand wearing crews that live down here... their other attires involve ed hardy and affliction with true religion jeans <_<

That and some fat chicks or some other insecure girls will fuck with me too wtf!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
                  where in germany do you live? sounds like a rural area..

recently I was asked if I drive a motorbike due to my crushed bbs jeans..
                  I got called "emo style" in Berlin by an older guy who was pushing a baby stroller. So I guess it doesn't matter if it's is a rural area or not, or who is doing it. I've also heard the same tune in Vegas about four years ago. I guess that's the "burden" that comes with wearing so much black. ;) Anyways, ignorant idiots seem to be everywhere...

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dawn
                    I was wearing the CDG 888 cologne the other day and a coworker of mine said it smelled like bug spray lol
                    I would have been tempted to look them dead in the eye and say "well clearly it's not working, you're still here". I'm not mean enough though.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• KingNC
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
                      I would have been tempted to look them dead in the eye and say "well clearly it's not working, you're still here". I'm not mean enough though.
                      opposite to what your avatar would imply though

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

The internet is a wonderful place. I could be a seven foot giant and built like a tank...when in reality I am six foot and built like a scarecrow
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                          • Sep 2010

I actually got a pretty funny one yester day.

"where did youget that jacket?'

"off the internet, it's maison martin margela"

"like from the jay-z song?"

pretty good friend of mine, had a good laugh

Comment

• hamham3002
                            • Sep 2008

i was at a mall one day wearing a UC knit sleeve leather.. a saleswoman said to me.. "oh.. nice sweater.."
                            i had to stop and think a second.. then smiled

Comment

• Dec 2010

Point-and-whispers are standard reactions.

I get colourful comments from my sister like "you look like a bell" or "you look like a korean roadside potato seller".
                              To my judgement, I've never dressed like any of those things.

Comment

• Dandyzoku
                                • Dec 2010

Yes, sometimes i do dress down a bit for daytime. Recently, at work, my boss said it's ok for us to come in casual unless we have to see clients. Casual for me is quite an awkward term since it basically means dress like shit. If i come in wearing an EKAM leather and some cowl neck shirts with patent leather boots, I feel I might get some stares. My job isn't so corporate, but I don't they understand fashion too much either.
                                qu'est-ce que je doit apporter à ces créatures???

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎