X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quiet noise
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

HWith: i think it might be related to the fact that scandinavia is basicly the Mecca of Feminism, and as an intellectual person here you are almost expected to challange the gender roles and stereotypes. Girls here consider it to be a badge of honour to have a metrosexual boyfriend who opposes the male role stereotype. I thank god everyday that i was born as a androgynous boy in sweden, and not in ukraine or uganda.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
      I think DRRRKs reaction is not too farfetched considering the recent attacks from teenagers in German metro stations which got out of hand...
      Never experienced such things myself fortunately, I can do a evil face though, which completes my samurai appearance...

Last thing I heard was from a gay customer of Ink who told me that my darklands pics are very popular within the mainland Chinese gay community...hahahhaa, very funny...and people always keep asking if Campbell and me would be a couple after seeing us in Paris...hahahha, just bc we are wearing the same clothes? Hahaha
      You should totally mine your celeb status. You know, like Snooky - college campus appearances, clubs. etc. $10k per session.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        i think it is interesting how 'sz-style' clothing (without defining further what that is...) can be interpreted in such a wide variety of ways by the general public. i suppose it is because they don't have many points of reference to apply to it, so it leaves everything open to them for guesswork around the meaning of the color black...

i tend to get more of the 'that guy's a hooligan/meth addict' than the 'faggot' thing. at least when in my day-to-day stuff. which makes maintaining a position of authority in some areas of what i do for a living a little bit challenging...

addict/bbsccp - in my experience, wearing black artisanal fashion is not the best strategy for getting girls really, either. at least not quantity wise. so if you want to avoid that you're on the right track...
        I thought we are about quality here Otherwise, yeah, Dolce glasses and Prada sneakers is the way.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

Ok, Mike has to set that up and make me rich when I am in NY...
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[/u][/b]
            Yeah I noticed that so far, limits everything, but I somehow dont want to give in and still hope that I will find the woman of my dreams who will appreciate that i dont wear polo shirts and chinos...I always wondered why most girls end up with the boring looking guys, guess its a "safe" option...
            I don't know why guys romanticize girls. If there are so many sartorial idiot men out there, then there are at least as many women. Statistics, can't go against them.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by yffet View Post
              Haha so true ! Every Men should have that green/pink ralph lauren polo in their closet. Classic Weapon of mass destruction
              Best of SZ.

The thing is (I am more than happy to invite the wrath of SZ female community for stereotyping), women who want to marry you don't want you to spend money on yourself. They want you to spend money on the household. That's all there is to it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
                HWith: i think it might be related to the fact that scandinavia is basicly the Mecca of Feminism, and as an intellectual person here you are almost expected to challange the gender roles and stereotypes. Girls here consider it to be a badge of honour to have a metrosexual boyfriend who opposes the male role stereotype. I thank god everyday that i was born as a androgynous boy in sweden, and not in ukraine or uganda.
                Finland and Norway are different though (in terms of style).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

You got some expertise in that area of scandinavia?
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• BBSCCP
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    women who want to marry you don't want you to spend money on yourself. They want you to spend money on the household. That's all there is to it.
                    +1 !!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

You got some expertise in that area of scandinavia?

You know it!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• quiet noise
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

women who want to marry you don't want you to spend money on yourself. They want you to spend money on the household. That's all there is to it.
                        Makes perfect sense, as swedish women generally dont want to get married. (because marriage is an "antiquated, perverted and religious patriarchal tradition with the sole purpose of shackeling women. also, monogamy is sooo last millennia." Now all puzzle-bricks are in place.

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

theaddict,

there are two kinds of girls in nyc.

tory burch prep or hipster.

welcome to the big apple.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

sooooo many clichés about women. women are people, most people are stupid, ergo...

as a (hopefully non-stupid) woman I have come to realise that wearing interesting clothes does not necessarily an interesting person make. I like men who are good dressers and I have a soft spot for dandies, but I will take good conversation in a polo shirt over dapper dullness anyday (although, a bad dresser would have to make a lot of extra effort to get my attention in the beginning, I'll admit to that). clothes is just extra information, and I like when that information is "I like all things beautiful", not "look at how cool I am, I'm wearing all the right things".

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

i'm with eternal. those who dismiss/pick you based on your clothes only are best left alone. i know i can really count on my friends and girls i know because they don't give a fuck what i'm wearing. i almost never discuss it with them.

that said, of course it's nice when i bump into who someone shares my taste in esthetics. looking forward to the day that happens...

Comment

• diorowen
                                • Aug 2010

lol, all being said is quite true. last time, I got a gf who love to tell me what to wear. but when I start to get into a habbit of dress up, she told me not to looks better than her when we go together. too bad I am not that sensitive to think girls will make her life harder if she had a man who like to dress up.
                                is it good or bad for a guy to care about what he's wearing?

and ,so can we do a vote how many people is still single in sz now?
                                haha
                                :D
                                still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍