X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

/\
    Not an expert but I am usually a size 7 in all CCP and a 42 in Carpe Diem and I need a 43 - 44 in all Guidi. Boots and derbies!
    Once owned a pair of derbies in 42,5 (quite sure its the same ones you are talking about) and they were tight as fuck and not really enjoyable.
    I'd say size one size up at least (aber ohne Gewähr). :-)
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

In my experience, your stmt is not true. I've found that I can wear boots one size smaller than the derbys but keep in mind that with the different leather options, they might all fit slightly differently. I believe that all derbys use the extra long laces that you have to either wrap multiple times around the shoe.

I think I would find a 45 or 45.5 in the Guidis.

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
      Is it correct that guidi derbies do not fit as small as boots do? E.g. size up half a size only?
      I am a EU 44 in Converse, should I pick a 44.5 in Guidi derbies then?

Cannot realy find a pic of the model I am talking about atm.. The one with the extra long laces to tie around the shoe..
      Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

i find that thats often the case as boots, being high-cut, are usually more comfortable being half a size bigger than your actual size. at least thats how i feel. unlike a derby/low-cut footwear, you'll tend to notice a size difference than in high-cut footwear.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
          • Jun 2007

RICK OWENS SS10/SS11 Drop Crotch Cotton Pants - Sizing Help

Do these run one size bigger since they have an elastic waist band with drawstrings? I am usually a Julius size 3 in jeans but a size 4 in Viridi-Anne trousers. Keep in mind, I am 5'7" in height.

Based on that, should I be getting the size according to what my waist line is and get the pair that matches the closest to it as possible, when it is unstretched. Or should I concentrate more on the total length, inseam, and leg opening?

Thanks to whomever can give me further insight.

Image borrowed from Revolve

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Trendy Andy View Post
            Do these run one size bigger since they have an elastic waist band with drawstrings? I am usually a Julius size 3 in jeans but a size 4 in Viridi-Anne trousers. Keep in mind, I am 5'7" in height.

Based on that, should I be getting the size according to what my waist line is and get the pair that matches the closest to it as possible, when it is unstretched. Or should I concentrate more on the total length, inseam, and leg opening?

Thanks to whomever can give me further insight.
            I have them in a medium and seem to wear similar sizes as you. I could size down fairly easily in the waist so you could consider a small. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how narrow the leg is below the drop on the size small. If you can get measurements on the calf and it works for you, I would go with the small. It would probably work better for your height.

Fyi, I get very little wear out of these. I'm the same height as you and I find they just make me look silly and sort of juvenile.

***edit*** mine are not the SS 11 version though...if sizing changed this season, I could be way off.
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
              I have them in a medium and seem to wear similar sizes as you. I could size down fairly easily in the waist so you could consider a small. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how narrow the leg is below the drop on the size small. If you can get measurements on the calf and it works for you, I would go with the small. It would probably work better for your height.

Fyi, I get very little wear out of these. I'm the same height as you and I find they just make me look silly and sort of juvenile.

***edit*** mine are not the SS 11 version though...if sizing changed this season, I could be way off.

Thanks Fenix, I'm afraid the overall length on the size Small would be too short. That would also play a part as to where the calf area would be positioned on those pants. So I might go with the Medium. I just wasn't sure how much play and adjustment there was on the waist line without looking too baggy or too tight and about how narrow the fit is around the thigh area.

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

those RO trousers are current season variations yes? i tried them on at barneys and i am usually a julius size 1 and a rick xs and i could fit a size small pretty easily. the elastic waist band and draw string are huge helps when it comes to sizing. i'd just go with what you normally are, a medium, and try them out. the only thing i encountered is they do fit a bit slimmer around the butt when that strap is velcro'd together. i opted out of them because of that weird feature. also if you are not familiar with the way rick drops fit his legs seem to be positioned that way so you can see more of the drop. the front never looks that dropped and i think the trousers look better from the back anyways. i also tried them on tucked into rather high julius combats so i didnt really pay attention to the overall length. they seem to be a carry over and rarely totally sell out so you have time to think about them.

Comment

• eleven crows
                  • Mar 2011

How do Devoa shoes/boots fit? I was looking at picking up these:

And am generally a large 43 to small 44 to whatever. I am hesitant to knock over that much cash on a boot that may not fit.

For that matter, how is Individual Sentiments sizing? They only go up to 43 too.

Comment

• dmash
                    • Jun 2011

crossposting in here to see if anybody might know:

Anybody know any black denim/pants that measures only about 32-34" (MAX) in the waist and 12"+ in the thigh at crotch while still a tapered hem? I workout a good bit and most designer bottoms don't fit my thighs

Comment

• eckblk
                      • Mar 2010

Drkshdw Berlin cut. I just measured the thigh on my size 32 (they are brand new and haven't been stretched yet) and I got 12" exactly. The hem is 7.5"

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Layer zero jeans are worth checking out. Ive got some black overlock canvas layer zero pants, and although nicely tapered at the bottom, the thigh area is very generous.
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• marc1975
                          • Dec 2010

I am interested in buying an Ann Demeulemeester blazer. In Devoa, I am a size 4 (which sits very tight), in the latest Rick Owens coat (not blazer) from this season I had a size 52 (IT), which allowed me to wear a thicker sweater beneath.

Would a size "M" in AnnD's blazer be ok?

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

Eleven Crows...

I own a pair of those Devoa boots in 42 and I'd say they are a true 42 since I usually wear a 41 and have to double-sock it to fit into these. :)

On that particular boot, be prepared that they have an exaggerated form and toe and look HUGE in terms of proportions. I love them, personally, but they are made like Popeye boots and are quite large in appearance, even though they will fit your foot just fine.

Comment

• SlightRight
                              • Mar 2011

Hey guys, I wear RO in size XS, Julius in size 1.
                              I am 175cm and 63kg.
                              I know DEVOA has called anatomical cutting.
                              I'm wondering what size should I go for blazer and jersey tees?
                              Thanks a million!!!

Comment

• Phantom
                                • Mar 2011

Julius rider fw10 leather size 2 or size 3?

I useally wear a 48/50

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎