X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samlasamla
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
    Would it be at all possible for me as a kinda generic EU size 42 to fit into a size 41 of the culatta leather double zipper boot from A1923? I do own a pair of size 42 derbies from Augusta/A1923 in size 42, which are a little bit big but still wearable, but at the same time I have to go for size 43 when it comes to Guidi backzips...

Help much appreciated!
    This model runs small in my experience. I'm a true EU43/US10D, and typically take a 43 in A1923 and a 44/45 in Guidi. However, I tried on this boot and simply could not fit into a 43. Needed to size up.

That being, there are always variations in sizing. I would not be surprised if some of the double zips run large.

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by braver View Post
      Anyone tried Rick's Shearling Ramones this season?
      Should I take one size up due to that shearling inside?
      I don't think the shearling impact the size.

Comment

• gawkrodger
        • Jun 2013

What's the sizing like on this Ann D jacket?

I'm normally a pretty standard small/46, and traditionally been an XS in Ann D blazers. Is this still likely to be the case? Have heard talk of them being a bit more TTS this season?

Comment

• delicious_not
          • Dec 2012

has anyone bought any tailored Rick jacket from the current season? did you go with your actual size or sized up? can't try size 50 anywhere, i'm a 48 though, and it fits okay but pretty tough in the back with a thick turtleneck layered down.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
            has anyone bought any tailored Rick jacket from the current season? did you go with your actual size or sized up? can't try size 50 anywhere, i'm a 48 though, and it fits okay but pretty tough in the back with a thick turtleneck layered down.
            actually, i'm bumping this. anyone with experience from the plinth hustler jackets? TTS or size up?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

its pretty slim, at least in the shoulders. I'm a regular 50 and would need a 52 in it, but then again thats what I need in some other recent Rick pieces too....

Which brings up the question, has the sizing slimmed down or is it just me? I know I've gained some weight but I fit my 3+ year old leather just fine in size 50 (or was it L..), however most things I've tried from the last season or two, I've needed a 52 (outerwear, blazers, some leathers)
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

i have a rick leather in xl from 2009 that fits great and an older tailored blazer in xl as well but now if i bought a leather or blazer i'd need 54 (xxl) in both. BUT i can still wear a drkshdw xl
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Nations
                  • Apr 2011

How is sizing for WJK boots? Also Jun Hashimoto for that matter.

I've found it hard to find anything from these Japanese brands in larger than 43.

Comment

• xeraphim
                    • Nov 2008

much of Rick's outerwear definitely seems to fit smaller than usual in recent seasons, particularly in the top block - narrower shoulders, higher armholes... i'd say definitely size up if you have remotely broad shoulders and/or want to layer anything more than a t-shirt underneath.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

i thought we had gone thru this many times, i think since Limo fw11 rick's sizing is one smaller than marked, since he went exclusively w/ numbers instead of letters for outerwear, since there is no szXS/44 anymore, sz 46 in jackets is XS(44) therefore all of u guys sizing up one size makes perfect sense. I have been a small in Rick leathers and outwear all along and now I wear 48 in leathers and blzers because that's a sz small(46) though marked as a 48 but it's the second smallest size thereby making it a small. Even the pants now start at 46 but I still wear that size anyways since i always wore xs in his pants.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

well my question was specifically about the F/W hustler jacket. thanks lowrey for the input. (i take it you've tried that specific item?) anyone else know it?

(and rick sizing is pretty erratic so one can't say that sizing up one size is right for all jackets from recent seasons anyway.)

Comment

• xeraphim
                          • Nov 2008

Shucks, I've tried it in a size bigger than what I normally take as well (didn't have a smaller size to compare against), shoulders fit slightly narrower than the other f/w blazers as lowrey mentioned.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                            well my question was specifically about the F/W hustler jacket. thanks lowrey for the input. (i take it you've tried that specific item?) anyone else know it?

(and rick sizing is pretty erratic so one can't say that sizing up one size is right for all jackets from recent seasons anyway.)
                            did u read lowrey's reply? he says 52 for that, and that he wears a 50 in older seasons(large) but now wears 52 in all current rick(now large) like I stated. so his answer is pretty much inline w/ one size up because the bottom size is no longer since fw11, there is no sz44 that number went to the sz46 that's why everyone is sizing up one because they aren't sizing up one, only in number not actual size.
                            as far as rick outwear being all over the place i would disagree, some jackets sure, but the only season that everything was small was ss10 as all the leathers were like a sz or 3/4 of a sz smaller than usual, stooges and mollino sz small p2p 47, xs p2p 45 sometimes 44cms which is fuckin small when usual xs is around 47/48 and smalls 49/50cms.

Comment

• Hayden
                              • Dec 2012

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                                did u read lowrey's reply?
                                yeah. that's why i thanked him for his input....

xeraphim - and how did it fit you? roomy enough that you could have gone TTS you think? i got my eye on a 48 and i'm a true 48 so i'm trying to convince myself it will work - hence the nit-picking.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎