X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivans On High
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

How does the size on the LUC J/Suture pants run?

Lowry, what size do you wear in them if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• calv
      • May 2009

I have them in a size 48 and i am a true 48. They will only stretch a little bit over time and with little i mean little .

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

they fit tts.
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• ironman
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          he is right, I was only comparing the numbered sizing directly to common sizes, meaning that 44 = S (mens) and 44 = L (womens).

however if you compare them in terms of actual fitment, in theory a womens 44/L would fit something like a mens 44/S.

so yea, thats probably what droogist meant and she is correct
          actually i don't think droogist is right. a women's 44 would be much too large for a male who is a 44 (xs). a men's 44 would be able to fit into a women's 38/40

i'd say off the top of my head ask snafu who bought the women's Haider Ackermann coat as an example, and i believe mass has the Ackermann shorts+leggings

or you can check eBay items for measurements of random items

i am a men's 48 and i fit in womens 42 (jackets i've tried)

Comment

• droogist
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ironman View Post
            actually i don't think droogist is right. a women's 44 would be much too large for a male who is a 44 (xs). a men's 44 would be able to fit into a women's 38/40

i'd say off the top of my head ask snafu who bought the women's Haider Ackermann coat as an example, and i believe mass has the Ackermann shorts+leggings

Sorry, but no - you are thinking of standard European women's sizing. A women's European 40 is the same as a women's Italian 44. I challenge any of you size 44 guys to fit into a fitted women's IT40 blouse - it's not going to happen. (I consider myself pretty well-informed in this regard, as I am an EU36/IT40 and my husband is a 44.)

(To further, and perhaps unnecessarily, confuse the issue: I concede that trouser fit tends to be a little more fluid, as most men don't have much to speak of in the hip/ass department. My husband can occasionally fit into my trousers; that doesn't mean it's a pretty sight, though.)

Haider Ackermann uses European - not Italian - sizing, btw.
            Last edited by droogist; 11-24-2009, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Rech
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              he is right, I was only comparing the numbered sizing directly to common sizes, meaning that 44 = S (mens) and 44 = L (womens).

however if you compare them in terms of actual fitment, in theory a womens 44/L would fit something like a mens 44/S.

so yea, thats probably what droogist meant and she is correct
              droogist, mike... it's the same thing i wanna told with my post.... a 44 can be compared with a woman L and a man S.. (for sure in some label pieces the man S is something tighter than a 44... maybe 1/2 size....)

Comment

• droogist
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Rech View Post
                droogist, mike... it's the same thing i wanna told with my post.... a 44 can be compared with a woman L and a man S.. (for sure in some label pieces the man S is something tighter than a 44... maybe 1/2 size....)
                Oh I'm not arguing with you - I'm arguing with ironman.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ironman View Post

we are talking about Italian sizing
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

my mistake about Ackermann sizing

i know Todd Lynn uses Italian sizing, and my girlfriend's leather jacket and shirt in size 40 can definitely accomodate a men's 44 (34"/35" chest?)

edit: this makes sense, as i didn't understand why my girlfriend's TL items were size 40 when she's 36 in other things. so i guess i should correct myself, i am a men's 48 and can fit into a women's italian 42
                    Last edited by ironman; 11-24-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

there is no way a 48 male would fit a normal womens IT42, it equals to a womens SMALL. in that case its not Italian sizing, possibly european/french in which case it might be possible.

have a look at this:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

sorry, i should be more conservative and say ITA 42/44, as it depends on the designer. i know for certain Todd Lynn, Dolce&Gabbana, and Rick Owens uses Italian sizing

in any case, i think i am correct about the original argument about a men's EU 44 (34"/35" chest) being able to fit into an women's ITA 40

again, this is going simply by chest and shoulder measurements of my girlfriend's Todd Lynn items, so the required women's size is potentially different in other designers

droogist, do your FR36/IT40 tops and jackets not measure ~34" chest (17" flat)?

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

^ Usually between 32" and 34"; however, I think shoulder size is a lot more important that chest size when comparing men's and women's items. I'm more than a little surprised to hear that your girlfriend's stuff fits you in the shoulder. But of course, a lot depends on the design, and the designer...

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                            • Jun 2009

So I'm a pretty true Euro 43...I can across these and have been working on the price with the seller...how do Augusta run?

I would sell my Julius boots and get these...I think they'd be more wearable for me as they are not as tall. Thoughts?
                            Le 21ème

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

Ok, so these would be too big...i'll ask for an insole measurement to be sure.
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• MaxM
                                • Sep 2009

How do Nicolas Andreas Taralis pants fit?

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎