• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Raw View Post
    For general sizing in basics.
    Rick Owens tees in size M = Julius size 3? Or would L be closer to 3?
    For recent seasons, an RO small would generally be equal to a Julius 3 but his basics have become huge.
    A size 3 julius ~ a size a slim/average 48 for the most part in my experience.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
      different boots and different sizing it seems.. even amongst the same type of boot.. KKA is a bit strange.. There were some 41 that I fit in and seemed to fit nearly a size and a half larger, then there were some 42 which I nearly had to break the boot (or my foot) to get into them.. Also some 43 fit me pretty good.. I have a wide foot though.. Best to go off what the store says..
      Thanks, I guess I'll just have to go with measurements. Still kinda hard though coz I have kinda wide feet, they measure 26.5cm but I would say on average i'm a US9.5/EU42.5 in sneakers and like my shoes to have a 30 cm outsole.

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      For recent seasons, an RO small would generally be equal to a Julius 3 but his basics have become huge.
      A size 3 julius ~ a size a slim/average 48 for the most part in my experience.
      Thanks, wow didn't know they fit so large. I have a 39.5" chest and decided on getting this in M. Should be ok then I hope

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Thanks, wow didn't know they fit so large. I have a 39.5" chest and decided on getting this in M. Should be ok then I hope
        Yeah, a medium will fit you in that. The extra length is meant to gather at the hips anyway. From what I remember, there was very little difference even between a small and large in actual measurements.
        I'm a large 48 in some brands and I can wear anything from an XS to a Large (even XL in heavier pieces) depending on how I want them to fit.

I usually go for a medium in Rick light basics just because it's right there in the middle.

Comment

• todestrieb
          • Mar 2009

Recent season boots generally run large. About one size bigger.
          So if you're a regular 42, I'd recommend sizing down to 41 or 41.5.
          Applies both to the Kumagai line and the so-called "diffusion" Attachment line.

Are Attachment boots tts or fit large? I'm 42.5 in Ann Dem triple buckles, but could probably fit into 42 aswell. Most boots fit larger than sneakers so would I be able to squeeze into a 41 in Attachment boots?

Edit: If not, would I be a 41.5 or 42?

thanks

Comment

• merkuri
            • Sep 2009

anyone have any insight into sizing on this:

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
              anyone have any insight into sizing on this:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RICK+O...L/sts/sr_men80
              I don't actually own it but I asked for measurements through a seller on Ebay who was selling it new with tags and it seemed to me that the large was a proper 48.
              I looked for the ebay message but couldn't dig it up. He had 2 sizes and I recall that they fit one size smaller than tagged. Maybe someone here actually has one they can measure for you.

Comment

• merkuri
                • Sep 2009

thanks. i think you just saved me a yoox return. need a true xl.

Comment

• calv
                  • May 2009

For those who own the Label Under Construction Raw Silk Cardigan.
                  Which size would i need? Does it stretch out alot? I am a size 50 in LUC Wool Longsleeve knits.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Calv, I hear it stretches like a motherfucker.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

Yeah it does, I bought my girl one but it's also feels super delicate, as if stretching it too much would make it rip (not that it has).
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• swami
                        • Jul 2008

M.A+ boots from this season staple ankle lace, Do they fit true to size. TIA

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                          • Jun 2009

How does this DD sweater fit? Is it as fitted as in the photos? Any runway pics or other pics anyone knows of? THANKS!

Le 21ème

Comment

• merkuri
                            • Sep 2009

think before you post.

sorry to be a dick; it fits like it fits on the model. iirc, you are a large in ro, so a 50 would probably work.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

From my experiences with Anotnioli's model pics, they may do some pinning. I picked up a garment a few seasons back that they had seeminly pinned the armholes of for the product photo. When I got it, the armholes were about twice as large as in the photo. Anyhow, no worries. Thank you!
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

similar thing happened to me, a coat looked slim and narrow in their pictures but it fit a lot more loose a flairing in reality. IMO not just a sizing issue as the cut appeared completely different, I'm guessing it was pinned in the photos.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎