X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oncebornyoucanthide
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Anyone has experience with Boris Bidjan Saberi pants sizing?

I'm a 50, can't decide for M or L in BBS...

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

How do Undercover Canvas Sneaker run?
      M = EU42?

Are they worth the money?
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
        How do Undercover Canvas Sneaker run?
        M = EU42?

Are they worth the money?
        i have the chukkas, im not sure if they run exactly the same as the canvas sneaker, but im guessing it should be similar. mine's an M as well, and i would say it fits a big US9. ima converse US9, and the M fits me, with just a little bit of room, pretty negligible, but present. so im guessing it can possibly fit a US8.5-US9.5

Comment

• quiet noise
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

I dont get it, why do i never find a julius jacket with the right measurements for me? the gap in size between size 1 and 2 seem ridiculous to me (most sz 1 seem to measure like 44cm pit to pit while the sz 2s go up to 49cm)

the sleeves are usualy too short as well.

Im starting to think that julius generally dont go well with tall people. could it just be the simple fact that they might design their garments with petite little japanese in mind rather than tall "slimane-built" scandinavians?

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

^ well, something like that. I can't imagine anyone taller than 6' wearing certain Julius pieces. If anything you tend to notice that Julius outerwear happens to be extremely popular with the size 42/44s online...

However there have been observations made about the FW10 collection which seems to have a more international outlook (read: cut for "slimane-built" scandinavians) so you might want to hold off till then?
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

really? I think for example the fit of the SS10 jackets was spot on for the models, who are fairly tall and around a size 46:

keep in mind that soft leather will stretch too so you're always better off with a little bit snug than too loose.

Comment

• stereophobic
                • Aug 2009

^ I'm aware that the models have always used Size 2 on the runway, but even a certain 5'5" member of the forum mentioned that he loved the length of the moto.
                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• calvinc
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dji View Post
                  really? I think for example the fit of the SS10 jackets was spot on for the models, who are fairly tall and around a size 46:

keep in mind that soft leather will stretch too so you're always better off with a little bit snug than too loose.
                  Would you think a true 46 should go for size 2 or 1 in general for the leather jackets due to the stretchiness, D?
                  Angela Marriner - While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

true N, the difference between sizes in terms of length is at most 1 or 2 cm though and I think they are cut proportionally enough to accommodate a reasonable height range.

calvin there really isn't a general rule for their leather jackets, some like the FW07 (and most likely the FW10 rider) I'd definitely recommend sizing down on however if you were to size down on the FW09 jut or rider they would cut off circulation.

Comment

• calvinc
                      • Jan 2010

true N, the difference between sizes in terms of length is at most 1 or 2 cm though and I think they are cut proportionally enough to accommodate a reasonable height range.

calvin there really isn't a general rule for their leather jackets, some like the FW07 (and most likely the FW10 rider) I'd definitely recommend sizing down on however if you were to size down on the FW09 jut or rider they would cut off circulation.
                      Well, I am currently aiming for the jut neck FW09. But I could recall you said FW09 jut neck's leather is soft (thus stretch)?
                      Angela Marriner - While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

all of leathers that Julius uses for jackets are soft, they don't use anything rigid like horse leather. if you were really determined you might be able to size down on the FW09 jut, just keep in mind that you won't be able to breathe much when wearing it the first few times. ;) seriously though dude I wouldn't recommend sizing down on that piece unless someone else has already stretched it out for you, not only is the chest true to size the rest of the body is also incredibly slim.

Comment

• MoFiya
                          • Sep 2007

Well, I've only handled the FW06 in person which even fit a dash larger than other _7 leathers.
                          I am a slim and tall 46 (6,1" // 140 pounds) and on me the Size 1 was not only snug, but also too short in the arms (I could do the body length though, unlike many RO leathers in a Small).
                          The Size 2 was lengthwise perfect - both in the arms and the body but too big for me in the chest.
                          Kinda messy so I decided to try on the next time prior buying.

I do experience problems finding a leather fitting my slim yet tall frame. Either too short or too wide. Even RO leathers in a Sz.Small do mostly measure around 58.5cm lengthwise and it should be at least 60cm for me... but the 62cm of the Julius Sz.2 were even better...
                          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• calvinc
                            • Jan 2010

all of leathers that Julius uses for jackets are soft, they don't use anything rigid like horse leather. if you were really determined you might be able to size down on the FW09 jut, just keep in mind that you won't be able to breathe much when wearing it the first few times. ;) seriously though dude I wouldn't recommend sizing down on that piece unless someone else has already stretched it out for you, not only is the chest true to size the rest of the body is also incredibly slim.
                            Well, I've only handled the FW06 in person which even fit a dash larger than other _7 leathers.
                            I am a slim and tall 46 (6,1" // 140 pounds) and on me the Size 1 was not only snug, but also too short in the arms (I could do the body length though, unlike many RO leathers in a Small).
                            The Size 2 was lengthwise perfect - both in the arms and the body but too big for me in the chest.
                            Kinda messy so I decided to try on the next time prior buying.

I do experience problems finding a leather fitting my slim yet tall frame. Either too short or too wide. Even RO leathers in a Sz.Small do mostly measure around 58.5cm lengthwise and it should be at least 60cm for me... but the 62cm of the Julius Sz.2 were even better...
                            Thanks for the heads up

EDIT: Mofiya, i really couldnt imagine how slim you are. I am 180cm 68kgs and people would say my parents havent been feeding me for years. Curious on how you really look

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

Not really skinny at all, I do lots of sports and have zero to none fat (unfortunately...) But my frame isn't that slim..
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• calvinc
                                • Jan 2010

Not really skinny at all, I do lots of sports and have zero to none fat (unfortunately...) But my frame isn't that slim..
                                What do you mean unfortunately? People are trying to get rid off the fat badly and they couldn't but you could

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎