Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hiddenaway
    • Jan 2012

I would just try painting it. I've done this to plenty of Converse sneakers and for the most part, it holds up 'ok.' Not the same as it being black from the get-go but it works.

Last time, I used one of those sharpie paint markers and it lasted a lot longer than using acrylic. Took me forever to paint though.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

hah, I was going to suggest a permanent marker.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lazyguru
        • Jun 2008

But wait , isnt the Sole side wall & bottom of the Augusta's leather?

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

No it's rubber.
          Last edited by bestial; 04-19-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• lazyguru
            • Jun 2008

So wont any leather dye do , Why do you need a dye for rubber?
            Leather takes color so well!

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

I don't know why I read your sentence wrong – no, the sides and soles of the sneakers is made of rubber, like most sneakers.

Comment

• shuit
                • Apr 2012

Out of curiosity, do any of you guys have any experience fixing those staple of rick sneakers in the older season? can cobbler do anything about it at all?

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

The key is to protect them before they pop out. Any cobbler worth a nut can do that. After the fact, if you have to repair them, yes, some can do that but it's a lot more involved and may have questionable results.

The very simple bottom line: Protect them before they get to the point where the staples are popping. After that, it's between you and your cobbler.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• savant
                    • Jul 2011

hey guys

anything specific i should tell my cobbler so he doesn't fuck the vibram up ? Is it basically just slap a vibram on it and glue + nails right ?

i am working about 6-7 days a week and cobbler closes before i finish work and do not have time to drop in my guidis to the cobbler, so im gonna have someone drop in my behalf

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

Instruct him not to touch the edges of the sole (sometimes they sand it down to get a flush edge) and not to polish or treat the shoe in any way.

Explicitly tell the cobbler to add a vibram sole and not touch the edge or the rest of the shoe. You don't even need nails for a vibram. It's just an epoxy resin based glue they slap on there and then cut the excess off.
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• tigo
                        • May 2009

if it's a cobbler and not some laundry + keycut + shoe repair on the side kinda deal, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

But to answer your question, they typically sand down the sole a bit so the glue would hold better. Or if you want to keep the same height, they'll cut out some of the material.

Comment

• mattizzle
                          • Oct 2011

Regarding the vibram + glue thing, I noticed that the edge of mine is coming a bit loose but still hold strong, should i bring it back to fixs or just re vibram?

I also noticed mine do have nails like really thin nails.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

be warned, super beginner's question coming: how to clean / restore / nourish patent leather?

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
                              • Oct 2011

fully sealed with plastic...

a) cloth & water
                              b) consult professional clobber, glue like stuff; but patent leather will always look shitty with scratches
                              c) not really needed since it's 100% sealed (sole or welt are the exceptions)

Comment

• Dawn
                                • Mar 2009

Has anyone had successful results with putting protective soles on RO trainers? I just brought mine to my cobbler and was told that if I was to put protective soles, it will last only 2 weeks max before it falls off. The protective soles will stick to the bottom, but not to the edges, hence why it will start to peel off after some minor wear...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎