Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • savant
    • Jul 2011

What brands/manufacturer should i go for the heel tap ?

Comment

• the-orb
      • Jun 2009

What should I expect when I take these to the cobbler for a rubber sole? Would they need to remove all of the nails for that or is it possible to just apply a thin layer on top? Maybe at least I can tell the cobber what NOT to do :)

Comment

• blowdown
        • Feb 2011

last i check, they wouldnt be removing ANY nails as those are bound to the construction of yours boots, they would instead just mount in on your sole

interesting thing about the split sole though, as usually cobblers grinds down the back of the boot to actually balance the vibram as the back piece is far thicker than the front ones, im wondering how they will react to the split sole, maybe members who have done can share on them..

always remember to tell them no polishing and such though

Comment

• savant
          • Jul 2011

last i did mine:

1) just simply cut and glue
          2) do not hammer any nails through
          3) do not sand, polish and paint the sides

Comment

• nictan
            • Jul 2009

just add the half sole in front. i didnt vibram the back split sole. dont see the point. just wear it in and then replace the back part.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

^ thats the point of the split sole.

i had them add a thin layer of protective vibram against rainy days thats it (like 5 mm)

Comment

• the-orb
                • Jun 2009

Thanks for the advice. Did it alter the balance of the shoe when you added an extra layer just in the front or is it not really noticeable? I think I'll be asking just to glue the front part without touching the split sole.

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                ^ thats the point of the split sole.

i had them add a thin layer of protective vibram against rainy days thats it (like 5 mm)

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

the soles used for the fronts are usually a few mm's thick, so I'd be surprised if you noticed a difference.

if you absolutely want to do the full heel isntead of the half, its probably best that the cobbler removes the original rubber, grinds both sides even and adds new pieces.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Hazelburn
                    • Aug 2012

Hello everyone,

Maybe this has been already answered in the preceeding pages but, I'm looking for some cobbler in Paris, preferably around the StockExchange or the Louvre that can take care of that :

before the damage gets extensive.

Price is irrelevant.

My thanks in advance for any tip.

Comment

• franz
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hazelburn View Post
                      Hello everyone,

Maybe this has been already answered in the preceeding pages but, I'm looking for some cobbler in Paris, preferably around the StockExchange or the Louvre that can take care of that :

before the damage gets extensive.

Price is irrelevant.

My thanks in advance for any tip.
                      It's not really right next to the Louvre, but if price is irrelevant, a 5 min cab journey will take you there from le Louvre: Atelier Cattelan, 128 rue de Grenelle (Metro Varenne) is one of the best cobblers in Paris.
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by PoubelleMaBelle View Post
                        suggestions on nourishing reverse leather? pair of guidi's got caught in the rain; and the drying dried them out...i've already tried a bit of saphir but i think that actually made things worse....still stiff & less natural texture.

anyone? still haven't found a proper solution... most sites don't mention 'reverse', or instead confuse it with suede.

(and for reference: i think part of the problem is that i just used too much cream, as it seems to have dried on top of/covered the surface)

help is much appreciated
                        Last edited by PoubelleMaBelle; 08-30-2012, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• franz
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PoubelleMaBelle View Post
                          anyone? still haven't found a proper solution... most sites don't mention 'reverse', or instead confuse it with suede.

(and for reference: i think part of the problem is that i just used too much cream, as it seems to have dried on top of/covered the surface)

help is much appreciated
                          I don't think you are not supposed to put cream on reverse leather... Treat it like you would treat suede/nubuck! If you want to nourish the leather, do it from the inside by spraying this kind of product
                          Find a suede cleaning product from Valmour, brush the excess of cream from your shoes, and put some waterproofing spray on them!
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

you just made me spend an hour on the valmour site shopping for leather dyes, wood stains, waxes, oils etc, I even found a solution for coating our concrete balcony floor
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              concrete balcony floor
                              and this is really great stuff.

franz, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢