X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I'm actually probably getting that as well, haha. we have a development project that has old cobble stones inside a building corridor, and theres no good way to clean it so hopefully this could be used to seal it.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hm, I used two coats of latex paint on the brick-mixed cement surface during the last renovation in the apartment, it gave the necessary elastic coating, but it still was not perfectly stable, because of cement dust as I understand. I'll try to use a layer of this stuff and a couple of layers of latex paint after moving to a new home. Hope it really works

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
        Banned
        • Jun 2011

Im looking to add a rubber sole to a pair of my Augustas and was wondering if it was better to wear them normally for a couple days so they dont have to sand down as much?

Comment

• BBSCCP
          • Feb 2010

^ there is no difference for the cobler..

Comment

• ^...he still will ruin everything...^^

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
              Banned
              • Jun 2011

shit I might just not have em rubber soled at all, if I have to take a couple faceplants in the ice then fine :)

Comment

• no no, just tell him to leave 2-3mm on the edges uncovered.

this is at least protect you from the gross violation of the appearance of the sole. They are cobblers. It is spontaneous and unpredictable. He may seem the most good-tempered and reliable person in the world, you can trust him your most private secrets, but then something clicked in his mustached head, and you do not even have time to blink, as he already polishing your heels..

Comment

• Denpatou
                  • Jan 2010

i know leather-look materials definitely aren't well liked around here, but i've got a pair of boots constructed from PU and recently nicked a tiny chunk off the heel while fucking with a pogo stick outside a bar (after close, obviously). the soles are made from a pretty grotesque shiny plasticky rubber but i was wondering if it would be possible to have a cobbler remove the soles entirely and replace them with vibram #2021 wedge soles. reason i'm wondering is because i realize that man-made materials will react differently than leather to certain processes. i also wanted to replace the sorta flimsy backzips with something more substantial--my question is: can i have all this done by a cobbler, or will these boots likely fall apart due to the man-made materials used in their construction?
                  SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• avout
                    • Nov 2011

So my dick dunks are getting a little folded at the vamp. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Would a shoe tree help?

Comment

• xeraphim
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by avout View Post
                      So my dick dunks are getting a little folded at the vamp. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Would a shoe tree help?

Comment

• avout
                        • Nov 2011

^ Thanks, will try to get some of those!

Comment

• Vanquish_Gold
                          • Dec 2010

Thanks for the advice been given here.. just got some vibram on my guidi. Told the cobbler to hands off on everything and explained to him that distressed is part of the game. Cited some examples here to reinforce my point and am glad that he took them all in.

The only not so ideal part was that he doesn't have a thin rubber heel and all the vibram were like half inches thick.

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Vanquish_Gold View Post
                            The only not so ideal part was that he doesn't have a thin rubber heel and all the vibram were like half inches thick.
                            Not too much of a problem on a black boot. Once you start to beat them up a bit it also becomes less apparent.
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

ok guys. i am having a stressful moment here that i think only other SZ folks can relate to. kind of like how it works at an AA meeting....

i took a pair of ccp boots into the cobbler for protective rubber soles. i was very explicit about doing absolutely nothing but adding the rubber layer. no polish, shave, etc. they have done other boots for me and i think they knew not to fuck around .

so, here's my issue. they look good but when they came back it looked to me like the heel was a little short in comparison to another pair of ccp boots i have. here is a picture of a typical ccp heel.

notice how there are 5 layers of leather stacked for the heel. when mine came back, there were only 4 layers of leather + the rubber layer. now, here's my question. do some versions (maybe newer versions) of ccp boots have lower heels? if not, is there any reason in the world why this cobbler would have completely removed the bottom layer of leather and replaced it with rubber? rather than simply adding the rubber to the bottom layer? it seems to me that removing the bottom layer would be more difficult, so why bother?

i don't remember what the heel looked like before i took them in. all i know is that they are lower than my other pair and lower than most of the ccp heels i've seen...

thoughts?
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

can you post a pic of the heels on yours?

it might be the cobbler had removed one of the leather layer to archive the same height as the original.
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎