Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

I just conditioned all my shoes (black) and the result was fine and as expected, except for one lighter pair. The color has darkened too much for my liking.

Is there a way to reverse this process? Maybe clean the conditioner out with soap or something? I would like to restore the original color if possible, but I doubt I'm screwed.

I used this stuff: everest
    Grailed link

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

What was the color before? What kind of leather?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        What was the color before? What kind of leather?
        They are a blue cordovan. I saw some waterspots and wanted to clean it off and while I was at it, figured why not protect them. They're now waterproof though :)
        Grailed link

Comment

• dduyyy
          • Jul 2014

Just try to remove the print today with aceton and it didnt seem to work. I realized that the 'print" is kind of a layer on the canvas. Maybe it's just sticked to the shoes with heat or glue or whatever. Well if it can not be removed easily, I will use marker like lowrey suggested.

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

You could also use sandpaper very carefully to remove it.

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
              Just try to remove the print today with aceton and it didnt seem to work. I realized that the 'print" is kind of a layer on the canvas. Maybe it's just sticked to the shoes with heat or glue or whatever. Well if it can not be removed easily, I will use marker like lowrey suggested.
              Maybe you could peel it off using a blow-dryer?
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

The Firm in NYC really put new life into my footwear. My beloved 2010 RO creeper boots which I was worried were beyond rescue has been restored completely and honestly feels brand new. Soles were worn, midsole and stitching were separating and leather was ripping and wearing away as well and now you literally can't tell that these boots are 5 years old!
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                  Cut it out with scissors, like Rei would do.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dduyyy
                    • Jul 2014

Wow thanks guys for all the advices haha
                    As I said before, I tried the aceton but it didnt seems to work, until today. Yes, today i check the shoes and realize that the print wear off alot! It also unveil a 'layer' sticked to the canvas. I'll try to remove that layer by hairdrier tomorrow
                    Last edited by dduyyy; 05-05-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                      • Dec 2012

Interesting info for parisians => Marlon's reco "à la ville à la montagne" near Bastille did a killer job in putting virbams on my a1923 sneakers.
                      apparently a complicated job (costed me 70€) but the result is damn fine.

thanks again Marlon for your advice!

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
                      @Nomadic Planet : Try "A la ville A la montagne" near Bastille, he did a very good job on my Guidi boots. Also he has a large panel of vibram (size, colors etc..).
                      Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                      I wonder if anyone can share their experience on adding vibram soles to a1923 sneakers.... It's already been 2 cobblers that tell me a vibram cannot be glued to that rubber a1923 sole....

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

I am not 100% sure what these guys actually did, but sounds to me like they actually renewed the sole completely? Has anyone attempted this? Would love to do that with my OG dunks, the leather on them is pretty indestructible, but the sole is starting to crack.

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

man there's some awesome repair work on that page. wish i had cobblers like that locally... and yeah, og dunks have awesome leather - wish they used that for the regular geos these days. soles on the other hand, have gotten better, not worse... so wouldn't mind getting the same thing done to my dunks as u are considering.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

I just don´t understand why they resole practically new shoes? They could just demonstrate their skills better on beat up sneakers.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                              I just don´t understand why they resole practically new shoes? They could just demonstrate their skills better on beat up sneakers.
                              because japan

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

I can understand getting the heel patched up with a rubber or crepe wedge but they just don't look right when they replace the entire sawtooth sole..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎