Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

Not effective for personal experience.. I would suggest to wear it offen.
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• dduyyy
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
      Use vinegar
      Originally posted by magic View Post
      Not effective for personal experience.. I would suggest to wear it offen.
      The problem here is that all of my footwear get mold, and I find it hard to wear all of them often especially in the work environment. So Im wondering if is there anyway to keep them from mold even in the closet or any thing could wipe them once and for all.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Use lots of Silica gel bags
        Grailed link

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Vacuum bags or at least zipper bags come to mind.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• zen dog
            • Jan 2014

I would think any enclosing bags would keep moisture in.

I googled "boot dryer" and plenty of options came up. I think you can find one you will be happy with. Just make sure not to dry the leather so much that it cracks. Hopefully you already have a favorite saddle soap, neatsfoot oil, etc. that you are already using to clean, replenish your leather.

Comment

• okayvin
              • Sep 2013

there are a lot of essential oils that are purportedly fungicidal. You can place a diffuser with pure essential oil (not fragrance oils)

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                What do you guys do to deal with mold? Im tired of cleaning all the leather goods again and again, and the mold still show up whenever the humidity is high.
                Moving to other place/country would not be considered
                you have to be careful with this. While it looks very similar, not all whitish substance on the leather is mold.
                there is something that appears on leather often times called "spew" it looks very similar to mold but is actually a result of the fatty acids/ fatty liquors that are originally a part of the hide or added in the treatment process

if you pass a blow driver over it and it disappears with heat then its more likely spew than mold. you can use a blow driver/ heat gun but be careful as too much heat is not good for leather. there are also some solutions you can apply to minimize the return of spew but its always best to test in a small area first to see how this will affect the color/ treatment of the leather
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

I think it's also called bloom which might be easier to Google with regards to care, warning, etc.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  you have to be careful with this. While it looks very similar, not all whitish substance on the leather is mold.
                  there is something that appears on leather often times called "spew" it looks very similar to mold but is actually a result of the fatty acids/ fatty liquors that are originally a part of the hide or added in the treatment process

if you pass a blow driver over it and it disappears with heat then its more likely spew than mold. you can use a blow driver/ heat gun but be careful as too much heat is not good for leather. there are also some solutions you can apply to minimize the return of spew but its always best to test in a small area first to see how this will affect the color/ treatment of the leather

Comment

• okayvin
                    • Sep 2013

I have a pair of Guidi that I wore almost every day last year. I wore it in the rain and snow as well. It had salt stains but I wiped with vinegar and conditioned each time. I took them out again but the leather seems very stiff near the bottom of the shoe but very supple at the top. I conditioned many times without wearing them since then (with Lexol) but they aren't getting any softer. Should I try using Saphir? I have the renovateur product and also the shoe lotion and several colored creams. I haven't used any of those on my Guidi yet because I am afraid that they will impart a waxy finish to my shoes because Saphir contains wax. Even Lexol (which doesn't contain wax) made my Augusta shoes too shiny so I am afraid to use Saphir on these Guidi boots. Any recommendations of fixing shoes that have been exposed to rain and salt?

Comment

• okayvin
                      • Sep 2013

okay i gave in and used the Saphir lotion and it was more nourishing than the lexol without making the shoes waxy. But it still wasn't enough so I applied the Renovateur and now my shoes are waxy and I hate it. I suppose its okay since it waterproofs them and I'll be wearing them in the rain. For future reference: Saphir leather lotion is better than Lexol and won't make your shoes waxy. I don't like Renovateur because it will make matte boots waxy

Comment

• aussy
                        • Jul 2011

You can wipe it with a damp cloth afterwards to remove some of the sheen, but not all.

Will heel tap nails stay in rubber soles? I have some Rick creepers that I want to save from my terribly uneven wear pattern

Comment

• dduyyy
                          • Jul 2014

After a few wears I notice some brown crack on my s52m in destroyed cordovan. Is this normal or this is a sign of dryness?

Comment

• nicelynice
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                            After a few wears I notice some brown crack on my s52m in destroyed cordovan. Is this normal or this is a sign of dryness?
                            may have answered your own question there :)

I usually spray this on every couple months especially when I'm wearing in the rain
                            The Suede and Nubuck Spray by Saphir Renovateur cleans, re-colors, and waterproofs all Suede and Nubuck footwear. The Suede and Nubuck Spray is silicone free and safe for all prized Suede Shoes.

Comment

• dduyyy
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                              may have answered your own question there :)

I usually spray this on every couple months especially when I'm wearing in the rain
                              https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-suede-spray.html
                              I've also just got the answer from Timothy on IG. Never thought that the "destroyed" means the leather slowly turn from black to brown more and more with time. Thats what make me confused.
                              The rainy season is coming in here, guess that I have to got one soon. Thanks.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                                Will heel tap nails stay in rubber soles? I have some Rick creepers that I want to save from my terribly uneven wear pattern
                                Couldn't be bothered to get it done by a cobbler (since mine didnt have clear heel taps), so added them myself. Have been wearing them for about three weeks with the taps and are they still on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎