X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vegettoo
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ilurkaround View Post
    there's definitely no lack in quality with boris's stuff, his fabrics are thick and his "basics" hold up a lot better than rick's basics. there's no decline in quality, it's just the prices keep going up. also the prices are already in the CCP realm.

pretty much everything Faust said previously.

his leathers are $4000-$6000 USD, i wouldn't think there would be a super high demand at that price point. i definitely don't buy "the just save up for it."
    i agree with the quality of bbs fabric(thick,stiff,blabla),and the seams inside are also very well,but strangely it very easy to burst through out wearing,but this problem seems being solved since ss14,i bought 2 pairs from 2014 and wear it alot,they are fine now

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
      Lack of quality when compared to other garments at very similar price points, such as Ccp or a1923, which Bbs is very rapidly approaching. Or even luc and ie for pants, I find the Bbs pants are nice but more so for the price they were a couple years ago.
      Measure for measure, you'll probably find as many if not more complaints on here about the quality of CCP products.

Come to think of it, I don't really recall people complaining about A1923!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ilurkaround
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by vegettoo
        i wish u saw the price of rick x chromehearts cardigan
        yeah, never saw it, i can't imagine how much.

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
        i agree with the quality of bbs fabric(thick,stiff,blabla),and the seams inside are also very well,but strangely it very easy to burst through out wearing,but this problem seems being solved since ss14,i bought 2 pairs from 2014 and wear it alot,they are fine now
        same, i had a seam come undone on a ss13 pair, but it wasn't b/c of quality imo, more the way it was designed. it has the diagonal seam directly the across rear (i slide a lot when i sit), was a easy fix though.

Comment

• Icarium
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Come to think of it, I don't really recall people complaining about A1923!
          Yeah the construction on his clothing may not be the best. Cheap thread or something. I got the wool/ramie which admittedly are super dense/stiff pants and they split from belt loop to belt loop fully in half on my first wear within 30 minutes while I was walking the dog, thankfully it was night and I had a long coat on.

It was a cheap repair and after the repair they are my favorite pair of pants in terms of fit/material and the seams have all been rock solid, but there definitely was a f uuuu $2000 dollar pants moment.

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

I might not have elaborated my point well enough. I mean here an example back in 2009 when i studied in college and was living in a drainpipe licking the backs of Cornetto's lids for sustenance, and one day I'd scraped together enough pennies to afford my first Rick leather. It's possible to save up to something we really want. Some save up for cars. Some for house or apartments and some for vanity items that's just how it is.

I'm in no way saying that BBS price as of late is justifiable. It's just that there's not a lot we as consumer's can do about the situation. I guess we can all collectivly stop buying Boris stuff and force him to reduce the price or going under, but we all know that it won't happen cos we couldn't help our self now don we? Fashion industries have always and will always be "you will buy it and you like it mohahahaha". Do you really think it cost that much to produce let say a leather jacket for it to justify the price tag of 6000 dollars?

Beside there's no "reasonable" priced SZ brands when you think about it
            How do you justify buying CCP, MA or anything else when you can get APC or whatever and still get the job done. A coat that cost 100 dollars will probably make you as warm as the one that cost 1000 dollars and probably make you look as good too.
            Last edited by Monoral; 11-14-2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• grapefruitpop
              Banned
              • Jun 2013

^ Yea I got my APC Spiral dead-end jeans for just $200. Great deal!

Comment

• vegettoo
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                Yeah the construction on his clothing may not be the best. Cheap thread or something. I got the wool/ramie which admittedly are super dense/stiff pants and they split from belt loop to belt loop fully in half on my first wear within 30 minutes while I was walking the dog, thankfully it was night and I had a long coat on.

It was a cheap repair and after the repair they are my favorite pair of pants in terms of fit/material and the seams have all been rock solid, but there definitely was a f uuuu $2000 dollar pants moment.
                i havent own any a1923 cloths,so cant comment abt that but the quality of the boots are really nice and durable which is more reasonable for its very high price,except somethimes i found my boot isnt a "pair" from a1923

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
                  ^ Yea I got my APC Spiral dead-end jeans for just $200. Great deal!
                  you know thats not what he meant.

besides, if you did buy those original spiral jeans then the seam likely popped at the knee within about a minute

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by vegettoo
                    umm,i agree as i wont save up for something that i need to save up to have it
                    seriously?

Comment

• vegettoo
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
                      seriously?
                      yes! in my opinion if i cant have something as soon as i want it means i cant afford it, i think its no point to saving up for something u cant afford,only buy stuff in my own money level,otherwise makes life hard,i will buy something else,(personal opinion for cloths,not anything else)

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
                        yes! in my opinion if i cant have something as soon as i want it means i cant afford it, i think its no point to saving up for something u cant afford,only buy stuff in my own money level,otherwise makes life hard,i will buy something else,(personal opinion for cloths,not anything else)
                        Okay then Scrooge Mcduck! if you make well enough from your work/career for you to buy a brand new leather, coat or even a bloody trouser from any of the SZ brands without having to save up for it then more power to you. Most of us can't and there for have to save up for something new here and there and supplement it used/second hands. I don't see anything wrong with saving up for nice things, that's just how the world works for a lot of people. Heck don't you ever save up for a nice vacation in exotic country or saving up for a new car to accommodate your family?

Saving for nice things is not that uncommon at all.

Comment

• vegettoo
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                          Okay then Scrooge Mcduck! if you make well enough from your work/career for you to buy a brand new leather, coat or even a bloody trouser from any of the SZ brands without having to save up for it then more power to you. Most of us can't and there for have to save up for something new here and there and supplement it used/second hands. I don't see anything wrong with saving up for nice things, that's just how the world works for a lot of people. Heck don't you ever save up for a nice vacation in exotic country or saving up for a new car to accommodate your family?

Saving for nice things is not that uncommon at all.
                          i have mentioned,this opinion is for my cloths,not for anything else, wat im trying to say is theres something worth more than my cloth,like u said a nice vacation and a new car

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                            I might not have elaborated my point well enough. I mean here an example back in 2009 when i studied in college and was living in a drainpipe licking the backs of Cornetto's lids for sustenance, and one day I'd scraped together enough pennies to afford my first Rick leather.
                            Does not compute, but OK :-)

It's possible to save up to something we really want. Some save up for cars. Some for house or apartments and some for vanity items that's just how it is.
                            Of course. What I am saying is that there are degrees of want and priorities and things such as pragmatism that come into play. And $6,000 leathers seem to be very low on that totem pole.

I'm in no way saying that BBS price as of late is justifiable. It's just that there's not a lot we as consumer's can do about the situation. I guess we can all collectivly stop buying Boris stuff and force him to reduce the price or going under, but we all know that it won't happen cos we couldn't help our self now don we? Fashion industries have always and will always be "you will buy it and you like it mohahahaha". Do you really think it cost that much to produce let say a leather jacket for it to justify the price tag of 6000 dollars?

Beside there's no "reasonable" priced SZ brands when you think about it
                            How do you justify buying CCP, MA or anything else when you can get APC or whatever and still get the job done. A coat that cost 100 dollars will probably make you as warm as the one that cost 1000 dollars and probably make you look as good too.
                            That's exactly how consumer pressure works. Of course "we" can and "we" will. These are simple consumer economics laws. Granted that fashion is not subject to them in the same degree because a lot of it is desire/aspirtational, but it is subject to them nonetheless, as any consumer good.

What "reasonable" is people will set for themselves, but a sort of a consensus does form at the extremes of the market (seems like we have reached one right here - $6,000 is too much for a leather jacket).
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Icarium
                              • Oct 2010

or $4000 dollars is too much for m_moria ;p

or $$$ is too much for a watch

it is always amusing watching someone turn a personal reaction, that they feel may be shared by most others, into an absolute stoppage line.

the ability to look at one's personal experience as only a singular one amongst many potential experiences/outcomes and being cognizant that your experience may not be the common-case one... seems to be beyond most people.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                                or $4000 dollars is too much for m_moria ;p

or $$$ is too much for a watch

it is always amusing watching someone turn a personal reaction, that they feel may be shared by most others, into an absolute stoppage line.
                                Now that is a fact and not an opinion!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎