• augustinn
    • Sep 2013

Faust,
    very well said.

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by trk
      what brands do you think the pricing is crazy, but in the opposite direction? as in "i cant believe something this nice is this cheap"? for me, the viridi-anne and julius are insane sometimes, even after the cost of shipping from japan
      The Last Conspiracy and Zam Barrett, by a long shot.

Comment

• rickandjulius
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
        The Last Conspiracy and Zam Barrett, by a long shot.
        Mmmm. I don't know. Zams leathers are incredible and so are his outerwear but I don't know that I would pay retail for his pants and shirts and what not. With that being said, I guess I'm going to contradict myself by saying that his prices are extremely accessible for being such high quality. And the sales he does are awesome. Ok so yeah, you're right, Zam is worth whatever money he charges. Haha

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Shop for Rick Owens Waxed Cotton Hoodie Jacket in Black at FWRD. Free 2 day shipping and returns.

Why is a cotton jacket 3k, am I missing something here?
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• blackfedora
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
            http://www.fwrd.com/mobile/product-w...et/RICK-MO55/?

Why is a cotton jacket 3k, am I missing something here?
            Something to do with the wax processing of the garment after the construction I believe. The "WP" at the end of the product code shows up on several inexplicably high priced Rick pieces at my local shop. Was looking at a pair of Drkshdw cargo shorts and they rang in at north of 1.1k (post taxes)...inquired to the shop owners why such an exorbitant price and they told me the it was the "waxing" that caused the price jump when compared to the same garment in a "cheaper fabric."

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Oh, OK (I guess). That's a shame because I really love the design and would be happy to have it in non-WP waxed cotton or Murray for a rainy day.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

Wasn´t there a letter of Rick regarding Faun a month or two ago on his homepage? I think he said the wax was applied by hand or something.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                  Mmmm. I don't know. Zams leathers are incredible and so are his outerwear but I don't know that I would pay retail for his pants and shirts and what not. With that being said, I guess I'm going to contradict myself by saying that his prices are extremely accessible for being such high quality. And the sales he does are awesome. Ok so yeah, you're right, Zam is worth whatever money he charges. Haha
                  why don't u figure out what ur gonna say then say it? I know Faith No More is back on tour but I still don't wanna watch the end of the Epic video again...

Zam's quality is definitely above the prices he charges.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Bump for new (and old) members.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Should we close this thread? Are we all in consensus that retail pricing is no longer justified?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Should we close this thread? Are we all in consensus that retail pricing is no longer justified?

No,

I think this thread is very relevant, even moreso now that it was when it was opened.

there is a lot of crazy pricing going on, and a lot of crazy in Fashion not just with prices but other aspects too......

But specific to pricing. companies are finding more ways to bring cheap thrills to the customer.

this article is a very good read where those who are determined to keep prices down by making modern slaves from which they can profit, are either finding new ways or reviving the old ones.............

Also this discussion should include a company like grailed, that exist to reduce high fashion garments to the way fast fashion is treated (albeit on the 2nd hand market)......
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎