X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    WTF? First, I was merely addressing Zam's ridiculous posts, which do exactly what you're describing above. Second, you don't know my taste. Third, if a t-shirt with the print of Felix the cat represents to you the work of Helmut Lang, that's just sad, and somewhat inconsistent considering all your rants about fashion as an art form and all.
    Micheal
    I came to the united states in January of 2000, when I came to the US, Helmut Lang had not so long ago moved his business from Europe started showing in NY. He had such great influence on fashion that he effectively changed the fashion calendar.........this man was god in NYC!

this piece was a seminal piece in an iconic collection of Lang.................I must tell you that as much as I am a designer, I am a student of this industry, and while I wont boast about it, I am more knowledgeable about the history and special moments of fashion than 95% of people here..........

My connection to the T-shirt and my liking for it has nothing to do with "dressing for the internet".........I'm probably one of the last persons you can say that about. It is about Helmut at the height of his powers. After all, if you say you are a fan of Helmut's work, you would know that a large part his work is about making the seemingly boring, mundane and simple irrepressibly cool and interesting. I think he achieved this very well with the image of a long forgotten silent film cat on a tee..................
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

WTF? First, I was merely addressing Zam's ridiculous posts, which do exactly what you're describing above. Second, you don't know my taste. Third, if a t-shirt with the print of Felix the cat represents to you the work of Helmut Lang, that's just sad, and somewhat inconsistent considering all your rants about fashion as an art form and all.
      Let me rephrase the post so you can understand: you don't need to hit reply every fucking time a thought comes up in your head. This is not your personal journal. If you have so much to say, start a blog that no one has to read.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ lol.

What I don't understand is that when someone exults something others automatically feel like they are forced to like it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

It's a highly coveted shirt and one that has been in the 'help finding' section and WTB column many times over the years. It's an actual good find, unlike roughly 60% of the crap posted as people try to pad their post count.

I disagree with your tastes about 99% of the time. That in itself doesn't bother me but there have been several occasions where you come across on the board as trying to incite arguments rather than discussion.

Because I like a t-shirt from a certain era and specified why I felt it was an iconic image, you're suggesting that I think it represents the overall body of work of HL? You deal in hyperbole way too much. It's an image. Not an outfit or a cut of a jacket or a material or a philosophy. Calm the fuck down. HL was my introduction to what led me down other avenues of style and fashion and ultimately to my current tastes. What means something to me, may not mean fuck all to you. And trust me, I'm cool with that.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Zenith
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            It has and it did.
            I was wearing mine totally the wrong way.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

^Oh, you must have the long version.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

I wish there were a version of SZ where entire conversations were removed, leaving only beardown's beatdown.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

Kard, I will sell you my felix the cat tee to ease into the indoctrination.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    I wish there were a version of SZ where entire conversations were removed, leaving only beardown's beatdown.
                    i want the same with christianef posts
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

i'm sorry guys but there is only 1 fritz the cat t shirt

*edit* sorry for the huge pic. my laptop is in my car & I posted from my phone. please delete it if it's too big, I can't tell

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        Kard, I will sell you my felix the cat tee to ease into the indoctrination.
                        Is that code for 'meet me outside of work, wait for 5 hours and then I'll go back home and decide not to sell it?'
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

lmao.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            What I don't understand is that when someone exults something others automatically feel like they are forced to like it.
                            This is not the case at all. I don't like it and I'm not interested in changing my opinion, or changing yours. What I was trying to do was understand WHY you liked it, and why is it so special. A reasonable answer would suffice, but instead Zam posted how he is wiser for liking it, you wrote 'cos it's awesome' and beardown told me my taste sucks. Only after I wrote a provocative answer you guys bothered to express reasonable arguments.
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                              Is that code for 'meet me outside of work, wait for 5 hours and then I'll go back home and decide not to sell it?'
                              No he'd have to ignore my instructions to vacate first

Comment

• TheThief
                                • Mar 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍