X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volta
    • May 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    this is not about forums per se, but the idea that you spend hundreds of dollars to buy and old beaten down pair of boots is ridiculous, unless you are some brand whore.........
    happens all the time here, regardless of being a 'brand whore' or not.

I buy a lot of used shoes/ boots and they had better be in very good condition or else I'm not budging.
    subjective.

Also, I dont ever recall anyone on this forum buying some old beaten down crap just because it says "So and so name". it may have happened but I dont see it.........if you are gonna buy something, better buy something good or not at all
    ccp spirals are crap now?

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

nevermind.....
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

Volta , the ones he posted on ebay were warped with a bad job done on zipper replacement. The ones posted by nic were in a gorgeous color that isn't so common with a low list price.

Don't know what crawled up your butt this morning but I think you missed all of zambs points...

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

Last year I bought a pair of WW2 jump boots in abyssal condition for $20 with an eye towards refurbishing them. After a laborious surgery the left boot split anyway due to an unrepairable bit of damage. I should have bought lunch instead.

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
            Volta , the ones he posted on ebay were warped with a bad job done on zipper replacement. The ones posted by nic were in a gorgeous color that isn't so common with a low list price.
            what's wrong with the job other than being a generic brass zipper rather than a dual silver YKK?

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
            Don't know what crawled up your butt this morning but I think you missed all of zambs points...
            perhaps. care to elaborate?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I dont have time to discuss this now as my evening just got a little busy however..........why would you say something like that?

this is not about forums per se, but the idea that you spend hundreds of dollars to buy and old beaten down pair of boots is ridiculous, unless you are some brand whore.........
              I buy a lot of used shoes/ boots and they had better be in very good condition or else I'm not budging. Also, I dont ever recall anyone on this forum buying some old beaten down crap just because it says "So and so name". it may have happened but I dont see it.........if you are gonna buy something, better buy something good or not at all
              because he is a dick. just look at his posts.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Volta,

You're missing the point completely. New members have been using the 'good finds' thread to pad their post count recently and they're contributing little to nothing else to the forum.

I have tried to show patience but sometimes it's horribly, horribly blatant. And as a result, the quality of this section has gone to crap, some would say. You seem to think people are getting heckled for the sake of a heckling but if you spent more time on here and read more, you'd see this isn't just as simple as you're making it out to be.

I'm just going to start deleting left and right in this thread. I understand that what's a good find to me may not be to someone else and vice-versa but what I'm seeing is people doing a simple, basic search on Ebay and posting the results. Regardless of price, condition, rarity, etc. Or they get really fancy and use Y! links like they've stumbled onto the last pair of boots on earth. No more.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• volta
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                  what I'm seeing is people doing a simple, basic search on Ebay and posting the results. Regardless of price, condition, rarity, etc. Or they get really fancy and use Y! links like they've stumbled onto the last pair of boots on earth. No more.
                  true..

Comment

• shdws
                    • Sep 2011

I almost never butt in on over the internet debates/arguments as im a sissy.
                    But Volta, relax your cat dude.
                    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

I still think those boots'd be worth a lowball offer just for the sake of the leather.. I doubt any CCP footwear, especially a pair with so little stitching, could find itself to be completely and totally irreparable.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by volta View Post
                        how are these a good find and the ones one ebay are not?
                        i almost never ever use ebay, at least for fashion stuff. so i have absolutely no idea what you are referring to.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                          • Jun 2011

I always kind of liked this Rick vest. Not for me, but on some people it looks really good. It's a size small and $450 BIN.
                          The same thing sold for 190 not too long ago, perhaps the same one lol. That vest is probably the stiffest piece of leather i've ever tried on its about as thick as a belt with very little give. i think it would work best in a gladiator halloween outfit.

-v_o_t
                          sale items

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Shit, if it's the same one, those newer photos definitely make it worth the extra dough.

Are you asking me to remove it because you think it looks like a gladiator vest? People pay thousands of dollars to look like a basketball player with Rick. Or a samurai. Or a ninja.
                            It's wrong to pay $450 to look like a gladiator?
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

$450 is pretty cheap for what seems to be more of a showpiece, no? i had it copied and ready to paste this morning but beardown beat me to it

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                                • Jun 2011

Shit, if it's the same one, those newer photos definitely make it worth the extra dough.

Are you asking me to remove it because you think it looks like a gladiator vest? People pay thousands of dollars to look like a basketball player with Rick. Or a samurai. Or a ninja... or Kanye (fixed)
                                It's wrong to pay $450 to look like a gladiator?
                                haha, its never wrong to pay $450 for a decent "chunk" of dick leather no matter what it makes you look like. As long as you like it, wear it, and got the dough to burn, buy it in every color. My personal opinion is that functionally its almost unwearable and fashionably its whatever. I'm sure someone will buy it and put it right back up for sale next week or in their closet to gather dust. I passed on bidding on it a few weeks ago at half the price and probably a lot of people here did as well. I'd sooner drop $450 on those warped Tornados ;)

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                                $450 is pretty cheap for what seems to be more of a showpiece, no? i had it copied and ready to paste this morning but beardown beat me to it
                                Well... maybe on second thought I will cop it and showcase it on the waxed statue of kanye on display in my living room.
                                -v_o_t
                                sale items

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎