Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phantom
    • Mar 2011

just want to say i took those devoa pants. Waist said 32 Im a 32. but size said 46 Im a 48. so this will be interesting. hope they will fit though, :)

Comment

• taylen
      • Jul 2010

4 Ccp derbies in size 7:

Comment

• Eye
        • Jan 2010

wow.
        never seen this jacket before, thanks god i'd need a sz3 ..
        WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• hurhur
          • Jan 2011

It's from midsummer 08. I just got mine a while back, and now it's going for half the price. oh well.

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
            • Aug 2010

yeah , has been often in yahoo lately.
            too bad they're so many zippers..

Comment

• Calimero
              • Jul 2010

Last edited by Calimero; 09-30-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

og yellow overlock. that rakuten store also has a number of Undercover items from the good ol days.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Eye
                  • Jan 2010

carpe cordovan leather pants, to fit a 30-31
                  would go for them but just broke. Seller will probably accept a buy it now offer around 500$ (he told me he was expecting 600$)
                  WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

Pants in cordovan ? I didn't think it was even possible to do such a thing. Quite the heavy beast, I assume.
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                      how do you get cordovan leather in a sheet large enough to cut a pair of trousers from when there is about enough on an entire horse to make, at most, a couple pairs of shoes..

have to ask this.

Cordovan is the "overlock" of the leather world here on SZ. It's a semi-misnomer. Shell cordovan comes from the horse butt and is produced by i think just two places worldwide (horween and some joint in spain) while the word cordovan can be applied to hide treated in a tanning method utilized for shell cordovan... At least this is my understanding. Like overlock being the word used instead of serged for all kinds of stuff. A bit misleading but these are the key words that get peoples hearts racing.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• franz
                        • Mar 2011

Nope, cordovan and shell cordovan are one and the same.
                        There is just enough from one single piece to make one pair of shoes, so there is no way pants could be made from cordovan without being made out of multiple pieces sewn together.
                        This could be just horse, but then,,horse is as different from cordovan as are bison, kangoroo etc.
                        Not that these pants could not be intereting, but cordovan has very specific / unique properties, it's not a specific treatment or anything, it's more like cordovan requires a specifc treatment because of its properties.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I think thats what Chinorlz was saying, but just that the term is often mis-used to describe the treatment. but I think that in this case the seller is just misinformed of the material / using the wrong terminology.

speaking of the seller, I bought from this guy once, and he sold a stained clearly worn shirt as new, so I would advice to steer clear.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• franz
                            • Mar 2011

Not even sure you could apply the same treatment to other leathers, I think the way the leather is "broken" to make it flexible could not be handled by other leather types. So if there is confusion on teh seller's part, it's confusion between horse and cordovan, not between cordovan leather and cordovan treatment.

Btw, i love this anecdote: "I have seen cordovan leather polished on a motor driven belt polisher with nearly sand paper like brushes attached. The same treatment would turn calf leather into shredded carrot salad"
                            Found here
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by franz View Post
                              So if there is confusion on teh seller's part, it's confusion between horse and cordovan
                              yes, this is what I meant.

considering my dealings with him, I doubt he knows what cordovan even means.

Comment

• acel
                                • May 2010

^ I think you're right. I'm pretty sure I own the same pants as this seller, and visually it looks similar to destroyed horse; it's horse leather that's been sanded and treated, from what I can tell. Presumably, a shell cordo jacket would be possible if the design allowed for multiple panels?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎